Game Over: Obama leaves office with USA as #2. China surpasses USA in 2016

So what? Their population is 1.3 billion compared to ours at 310 million it is only logicial they would become larger. It will actually could be a boom for America and exports.

China is going to have HUGE problems in the future.

They have an enormas Demographic bomb ready to go off in that the "one Child" policy has resulted in an imbalance of males to females, and old to young.

Also, a lot of their growth has been due to big corporations moving there to get the cheap labor. Once that labor isn't so cheap anymore, they'll move somewhere else.

What China hasn't done is create its own brands that people associate with quality.

China has five times our population and needs five times the economy just to break even

600 million people still live as peasants, I would like to see their economy improve

So what? Their population is 1.3 billion compared to ours at 310 million it is only logicial they would become larger. It will actually could be a boom for America and exports.

Really? How long have they have more people than us?

China needs to go Green and adopt ObamaCare

China has taken the lead in developing solar technologies and is actually investing in the healthcare system for common workers

The article I read did say their five year plan was to go green.

These types of threads are always amusing. But what measure is used to gage number one?

Any way what we are seeing is the results of Clinton's "free" trade agreement. It is obvious that if we are going to have free trade and China was going to pay slave labor prices our companies would swing over to China. The obvious damage is to the low skilled low educated worker in American. Which is precisely what we are seeing. So China gets to expand its economy on the back of the environment and the American working man, which brings down America. At least in regards to the working man. This will happen until the living conditions for the Chinese improve to somewhere close to that of Americans. So I welcome their economic expansion. Certainly isn't hard to start out at stone age and improve towards developed countries.

The great "sucking" sound of jobs fleeing the country was predicted and it has happened. That is why Clinton has always gotten my vote as one of the worse, if not the worse, president in history. After all it is what my Union told me to think of anyone who supported "free" trade. Of course they seem to have forgotten they actually said that.

Last edited:

China has taken the lead in developing solar technologies and is actually investing in the healthcare system for common workers

If does appear that China wants to help out and rescue our battery industry

Chinese group to rescue U.S. battery maker A123

Here is what San Fran Nancy has to say:

The U.S. has some of the best solar resources of any industrialized nation in the world. Yet while America is currently a leader in solar technology development, other countries like Spain, Germany and China are devoting much more effort and attention to this field, putting U.S. competitiveness in this industry in jeopardy.

Solar Technology Roadmap Act | Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi

Of course when democrats want something the way they try to get it is through fear. What difference does it make if China's economy becomes number one? If that is a bad thing then blame the majority party for the last 6 years. But we know that ain't gonna happen. So according to Pelosi, America is the leader.

As for health care. Are you really, really, implying that America does not invest in national health care? Really? I wouldn't be surprised if China wasn't investing in euthanasia technology to handle their elderly and girls accidentally born.

Obama comes from that mind set that Americans should be punished for throwing
their weight around in world affairs and for being a big bully.I'm sure he's pleased if our rankings
in any sort of poll is anywhere but in the #1 spot.
He would prefer our image to be one of a European laid back progressive passive love everybody
nation.

China's spending like crazy on infrastructure.

Wanna catch up?

Gotta do the same.

well i cant argue with that.....if we had some kind of leadership from both parties instead of a bunch of inept dipshits who are more interested in trying to look better than the other guys ......we just might never be overtook......when this Country is together,or at least as close as it was last Century,there aint nothing we cant do....but it takes LEADERS to bring people together and that is something this Country does not have at the moment....

China's spending like crazy on infrastructure.

Wanna catch up?

Gotta do the same.

That's a great idea, but with what? We're broke.

$100 bucks says this will be the response (in some form): Then we need to raise taxes.

China is going to have HUGE problems in the future.

They have an enormas Demographic bomb ready to go off in that the "one Child" policy has resulted in an imbalance of males to females, and old to young.

Also, a lot of their growth has been due to big corporations moving there to get the cheap labor. Once that labor isn't so cheap anymore, they'll move somewhere else.

What China hasn't done is create its own brands that people associate with quality.

i agree.....especially the quality part.....i wont buy any food or products for my dog from there.....not after what happened with those products.....

Google Image Result for http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2013/01/14/China_pollution_AP971430398958_620x350.jpg

yes, it looks as if they could do with a little "green" :eusa_angel:

As long as we don't slip to far I could care less about America being number one economically. Our founders were just fighting for their freedoms. I don't recall them ever saying anything about wanting to be number one in anything.

Forum List

Back