Game of Thrones (HBO)

i like the dragons...you must think the fire was hot enough to hatch the dragons.....doesnt detract from the story at all for me

I respect your indulgence. But from my (atheistic) point of view, the question is why do they resort to such redundant foolishness?

The craftsmanship and resources expended in putting that series together could do perfecly fine without the occasional introduction of utter nonsense. For example; I truly love the movie, Dances With Wolves, which I know is pure fantasy. It is fantasy which does not absolutely exclude the possibility of being real and that vague possibility is what keeps the story grounded. But what if they introduced a vampire, a flying horse or a zombie into the tale?

What I'm saying is the Thrones series didn't need to venture so far from even the most tenuous reality to create a first class production because they certainly have all the necessary components; story, cast, budget and technical talent.

Wow, I guess you'll really hate what's coming from north of the wall.........

You may as well stop watching now.

It is a fantasy world. Summer and Winter can last 10 years..... Magic happens, within limits......

i like the dragons...you must think the fire was hot enough to hatch the dragons.....doesnt detract from the story at all for me

I respect your indulgence. But from my (atheistic) point of view, the question is why do they resort to such redundant foolishness?

The craftsmanship and resources expended in putting that series together could do perfecly fine without the occasional introduction of utter nonsense. For example; I truly love the movie, Dances With Wolves, which I know is pure fantasy. It is fantasy which does not absolutely exclude the possibility of being real and that vague possibility is what keeps the story grounded. But what if they introduced a vampire, a flying horse or a zombie into the tale?

What I'm saying is the Thrones series didn't need to venture so far from even the most tenuous reality to create a first class production because they certainly have all the necessary components; story, cast, budget and technical talent.

It also has an 800 ft high contient wide wall of ice built with middle age technology, and things called white walkers that turn corpses into blue eyed zombies (ZOMG ZOMBIES) that can only be killed by fire, yet someone with dragonblood that can't be burned is somehow a big problem?

It is a fantasy world. Summer and Winter can last 10 years..... Magic happens, within limits......

Exactly, low fantasy, not D&D FIREBALL high fantasy.

We also forgot the Raven postal service, they seem to be able to fly pretty much everywhere.

For example; I truly love the movie, Dances With Wolves, which I know is pure fantasy. It is fantasy which does not absolutely exclude the possibility of being real and that vague possibility is what...
Um Dances with Wolves is historical fiction. It can't even be remotely mistaken as a fantasy.

See, this is why I (and most here) don't take you seriously! You're as dumb as a box of rocks!

It also has an 800 ft high contient wide wall of ice built with middle age technology, and things called white walkers that turn corpses into blue eyed zombies (ZOMG ZOMBIES) that can only be killed by fire, yet someone with dragonblood that can't be burned is somehow a big problem?

I think the worst part about the dragon scene was Khal Drogo dying. We only got a small glimpse of his badassness! I was looking forward to him kicking some ass on the battlefield!

I think the worst part about the dragon scene was Khal Drogo dying. We only got a small glimpse of his badassness! I was looking forward to him kicking some ass on the battlefield!

I am pleased they are sticking to the books so far. This series has no "Character Shield." so far, everyone is fair game. Its a nice change of pace from knowing certian characters are invulnerable.

Without spoiling it I have told friends who have not read the books to not get too attached to ANY main character.

HBO flashed a closing screen that said the next season is coming in 2012. Doesn't that mean it's all over for now?

I am pleased they are sticking to the books so far. This series has no "Character Shield." so far, everyone is fair game. Its a nice change of pace from knowing certian characters are invulnerable.

Without spoiling it I have told friends who have not read the books to not get too attached to ANY main character.

I made the mistake of going to wikipedia to find out what happens to Joffery! I want to see him go down. You are right don't get attached to anyone (I already did with Drogo and Ned and was very disappointed)!

HBO flashed a closing screen that said the next season is coming in 2012. Doesn't that mean it's all over for now?

Season finale, bud! You don't get mistaken as a genius much do you?

Last edited:
Best scene from Season 1....

original.gif

Best scene from Season 1....

original.gif

that little dude gets laid a lot.....:lol:

By WHORES, that is like getting excited you won $100 in blackjack, when you have lost $1000!

i have a hunch they are called whores because they are not of royal blood.......the Queen fucks her brother.....but of course she would not be called a whore.....even though she is worse than one......the little guy has more class than his brother.....

Tyrion is by far the most interesting character in the show IMHO. He continues to astound as the series goes on....Love the guy!

PS- my wife thinks he is a handsome little dude. :lol:

Tyrion is by far the most interesting character in the show IMHO. He continues to astound as the series goes on....Love the guy!
No doubt. I thought he was the best character from the being and still think he is. Arya is very cool character. Ollie makes it seem like she turns into a great story. I used to think Khal Drogo was going to be a great character, but he came and went quickly. I think Snow rounds out the top three!

i think the little dude is kinda sexy....something about his feet....lol

In the books he's not just a dwarf but quite ugly as well. I'm not sure if having a relatively good looking actor detracts from his character.

I don't think so. I think they picked the perfect actor for the Tyrion. He is playing it extremely well. He is already a dwarf, why the need to make he hideously ugly?

But then again I haven't read the book! :eek:

Forum List

Back