GA Judge Faces Expulsion Over This?? Really?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A county magistrate judge from middle Georgia is facing possible expulsion from the bench because of an incident captured on security video showing him physically attacking a defendant. The DA for that part of the state – a little west of Macon – has decided not to pursue criminal charges against Judge Cary Hays, but the state’s judicial watchdog – the Judicial Qualifications Commission – has filed formal charges against Hays.

The security camera video astonished Marietta attorney Robert Ingram, who served eight years on the JQC and was chairman for two years.
“In almost 40 years, I have never seen or heard of a judge leaving the bench to physically engage a litigant or an inmate,” Ingram said." Ingram said incidents like this damage the reputation of the entire judicial system."

First of all, if you see the video -- all this judge did was push the guys head up against the wall, but it's not like he assaulted the guy...this guy was a hardened criminal and you are trying to claim what this judge did really hurt him? Really? Furthermore, this was from 2018 -- the only reason we are talking about it now is because of some nosey reporter dragging this back up...

The defendant was talking crap back to the judge and the judge decided to teach the guy a lesson...problem solved...he even allowed the guy to make bond; he could have denied him a bond entirely...Luckily the police did the right thing back then and didn't file criminal charges...but to try to remove a judge over this? Really? Can you imagine being fired from your job because someone was talking crap to you and you defended yourself?

"A county magistrate judge from middle Georgia is facing possible expulsion from the bench because of an incident captured on security video showing him physically attacking a defendant. The DA for that part of the state – a little west of Macon – has decided not to pursue criminal charges against Judge Cary Hays, but the state’s judicial watchdog – the Judicial Qualifications Commission – has filed formal charges against Hays.

The security camera video astonished Marietta attorney Robert Ingram, who served eight years on the JQC and was chairman for two years.
“In almost 40 years, I have never seen or heard of a judge leaving the bench to physically engage a litigant or an inmate,” Ingram said." Ingram said incidents like this damage the reputation of the entire judicial system."

First of all, if you see the video -- all this judge did was push the guys head up against the wall, but it's not like he assaulted the guy...this guy was a hardened criminal and you are trying to claim what this judge did really hurt him? Really? Furthermore, this was from 2018 -- the only reason we are talking about it now is because of some nosey reporter dragging this back up...

The defendant was talking crap back to the judge and the judge decided to teach the guy a lesson...problem solved...he even allowed the guy to make bond; he could have denied him a bond entirely...Luckily the police did the right thing back then and didn't file criminal charges...but to try to remove a judge over this? Really? Can you imagine being fired from your job because someone was talking crap to you and you defended yourself?
Technically it's assault when one places hands on another but as far as I can see, it was the collar of the jumpsuit that was attacked.

1641473332366.png

~S~

The Criminal was using all kinds of foul language directed at the Judge.

I remember years ago, I was talking with a police officer in a bar. He related a story when a Criminal that he was picking up accused the police officer's mother of prostitution. Beat the shit out of the criminal, totally justified.

the only reason we are talking about it now is because of some nosey reporter dragging this back up...

Tru dat

The Media

Enemy of the people.

Okay I watched the video and it shows the white bad guy cuffed and left unattended wandering in a hall. You see the white judge grab him by the collar and push him up against a wall and then 2 officers run out.

The Criminal was using all kinds of foul language directed at the Judge.

I remember years ago, I was talking with a police officer in a bar. He related a story when a Criminal that he was picking up accused the police officer's mother of prostitution. Beat the shit out of the criminal, totally justified.
Is it justified because he was a police officer or are you saying anyone can beat the shit out of someone if that person talks shit about them??

hqdefault.jpg

Okay I watched the video and it shows the white bad guy cuffed and left unattended wandering in a hall. You see the white judge grab him by the collar and push him up against a wall and then 2 officers run out.
Just a white guy getting pushed around a little. Nothing to see here folks.

Is it justified because he was a police officer or are you saying anyone can beat the shit out of someone if that person talks shit about them??

View attachment 584247

The Criminal wasn't talking shit about the police officer in the situation I described. He was literally accusing the cop's mother of prostitution. A man has the right to defend his own mum.

Oh stop it---stupid threatening druggy inmate had it coming. And sadly the druggy, wasn't even hurt in the incident.

The Criminal wasn't talking shit about the police officer in the situation I described. He was literally accusing the cop's mother of prostitution. A man has the right to defend his own mum.
So again......if someone is talking shit about your mother, wife, child -- you have a right to beat the shit out of that person, correct??

Or is this only a right you afford to police officers??

Example....if some old guy decides he wants to call a young athletic guy (let's say an NFL player) a "son of a bitch" -- that young buck has a right to beat the shit out of that guy right??

Forum List

Back