G_d, why kat?

jillian said:
You're right, you did. My error.

Yeah...much better. Far less offensive. :duh3:
de·face ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-fs)
tr.v. de·faced, de·fac·ing, de·fac·es
1.To mar or spoil the appearance or surface of; disfigure.
2.To impair the usefulness, value, or influence of.

More along these lines.

Still don't understand how my pointing out a logical flaw (trying to stop the defacement of God's name by defacing it one's self ) is insulting or degrading to all Jewish people and their beliefs. Or how expressing my wish that we could still know the name of our common God is belittling Jews and/or victimizing Christians.

jillian said:
Well you sure didn't learn about it from Jews, did ya?
Actually, I have learned a few things from Jews, one woman in particular, both about the Jewish religion, and about other things in life. She was a very nice lady.

Nienna said:
More along these lines.

Still don't understand how my pointing out a logical flaw (trying to stop the defacement of God's name by defacing it one's self ) is insulting or degrading to all Jewish people and their beliefs. Or how expressing my wish that we could still know the name of our common God is belittling Jews and/or victimizing Christians.

It's so funny she felt free to just use a totally different word.:rotflmao:

The truth is of no consequence when the "greater good" is at stake. :rolleyes:

Nienna said:
More along these lines.

You can't understand it because it's a "Jillian" thing that she can't explain without "exposing" her next card.

jillian said:
My *context* is that no religion should be disparaged. Saying a 5,000 year old religion somehow defaced something *belonging* to a later-created religion is disparaging, notwithstanding the cheerleaders who seem to think otherwise.
They defaced something belonging (truly to all mankind, but for the sake of argument...) to their own religion. That was a logical flaw which deprived their own people as well as those whom inherited the faith in God. However, stating that is not a slight on all Jews, everywhere.

dilloduck said:
She's been asked a lot---no answers--I thought I would try a different tack.
Go figure.

I went back and re-read this thread and she's been asked several times if she is Jewish, and on what basis she is claiming superior knowledge of early Judaeism. Since asking a straightforward question appears to be something some of the folks here are afraid to do, let me help you out.

Jillian. Do you think that using G_d to "drive the whackjobs nuts" is disparaging to someone's religion?

MissileMan said:
I went back and re-read this thread and she's been asked several times if she is Jewish, and on what basis she is claiming superior knowledge of early Judaeism. Since asking a straightforward question appears to be something some of the folks here are afraid to do, let me help you out.

Jillian. Do you think that using G_d to "drive the whackjobs nuts" is disparaging to someone's religion?

I believe it was me, not Jillian that said that. No, I don't think I'm disparaging them at all. If they wish to take offense and start really long threads, :dunno: their choice I guess. By the way, I do not believe writing G_d is defacing or disparaging or defiling His name either.

MissileMan said:

It isn't disparaging to Judaism. And I do believe she was referring to RWA when using the term "wackjob", something that is borne out by his posts on Jews and his bizarre conspiracy theories.

Also, I believe Kathianne is Christian but she's never been anything but respectful of other beliefs near as I can tell.

Hope I answered your question.

Kathianne said:
I believe it was me, not Jillian that said that. No, I don't think I'm disparaging them at all. If they wish to take offense and start really long threads, :dunno: their choice I guess. By the way, I do not believe writing G_d is defacing or disparaging or defiling His name either.

Conspiracy Boy and his sidekick, Tan Gent are calling Jillian a hypocrit for not calling you out for your remarks.

MissileMan said:
Conspiracy Boy and his sidekick, Tan Gent are calling Jillian a hypocrit for not calling you out for your remarks.
I know. I wrote the 'whack job' remark with a certain type of person in mind, I'm sorry Niena got caught up in the discussion, I have no doubt that she meant anything mean. She believes what she wrote, I have no doubt either. I just disagree with her.

MissileMan said:

Wrong--I was trying to find out what Jillian thought about the G_d ploy used by Kat. She finally answered. I called Jillian a hypocrite because while she feels that do religion should be disparaged, she will accuse Christians of cramming religion down peoples throats.
Tan Gent:teeth:

Forum List

Back