FU--Virginia

Probably because its a ridiculous requirement. Trying to rustle up 400 Republicans in a DC exburb district where they are just waiting for their welfare check is a difficult requirement.

Virginia - Election Results 2010 - The New York Times

District 3 had the fewest Republican votes in the 2010 Congressional elections at about 44,000.

All he needed was less than 1% of the people who voted GOP in that district to qualify.

and there you have it. Joe either admit you are wrong or get tossed into the retard pile with the others.
As for myself, I tossed him there yesterday.

Republican candidates have LIMITED RESOURCES

VA Repubs have ALREADY chosen their candidate, and they've told him not to waste resources in VA.

This still makes no sense. Are you saying that VA republicans have already chosen Gingrich? So how are they supposed to vote for him if he's not even on the ballot?

If I'm not mistaken, that is just the primary....

And???? Are you saying that they don't care if he gets nominated?

A deceitful OP filled with more belly-achin' sour grapes.

Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman didn't even try to get on the ballot.

Show us where they even HANDED IN any signatures. G'head.

One of your "8 candidates" -- DROPPED OUT.

That leaves TWO - two that fucked up and didn't even get 15,000 votes (a safe buffer) in a state of nearly 4 million registered voters.

That's .003% - when they had MONTHS to do so, and it was the busiest time of the year to solicit signatures.

What the hell does THAT tell you?

Republican candidates have better things upon which to spend their time and resources than campaigning in a Republican controlled state that will vote for anyone who is not a Democrat in 2012.

this is no excuse for not getting yourself on the ballot. Unless you are lazy.

You pretty much nailed it, these election laws for the state of Virginia are not new election laws they have been in place for many, many elections. The GOP candidates knew of these laws, they failed to organize their volunteers to get the required signatures, they should be firing some managers as the managers are responsible for making sure the candidates meet the individual state requirements for inclusion on the ballot. Virginia is just the start of many other failures by these same candidates, if any of them hope to win the nomination they need strong boots on the ground organizations in all 50 states.

Huckabee
McCain
Guliani
Romney
Paul
Thompson

What do all six of these men have in common?

George W. Bush Texas
John McCain
Alan Keyes
Gary Bauer
Steve Forbe

What do all five of these men have in common?

They have all been candidates for President and they probably all made it on the Virginia primary ballot.:badgrin:

Republican candidates have better things upon which to spend their time and resources than campaigning in a Republican controlled state that will vote for anyone who is not a Democrat in 2012.

this is no excuse for not getting yourself on the ballot. Unless you are lazy.

You pretty much nailed it, these election laws for the state of Virginia are not new election laws they have been in place for many, many elections. The GOP candidates knew of these laws, they failed to organize their volunteers to get the required signatures, they should be firing some managers as the managers are responsible for making sure the candidates meet the individual state requirements for inclusion on the ballot. Virginia is just the start of many other failures by these same candidates, if any of them hope to win the nomination they need strong boots on the ground organizations in all 50 states.

Most do not plan on making it that far

Republican candidates have LIMITED RESOURCES

VA Repubs have ALREADY chosen their candidate, and they've told him not to waste resources in VA.

This still makes no sense. Are you saying that VA republicans have already chosen Gingrich? So how are they supposed to vote for him if he's not even on the ballot?

You need a certain number of electoral votes to be your party's nominee, I am not sure how many electoral votes Virginia has but if you are not on their primary ballot you don't win any of them. It's a kiss of death.

You are welcome, personally I disagree with "open primaries". MHO is that individuals should have to register a minimum of 30-days prior to a primary and primaries should be closed to non-party registered individuals. Open primaries, again IMHO, open the gates to political sabotage. For example you have a candidate from one party running with no same party opposition, that means unscrupulous individuals can perform political sabotage by voting in the other parties primary and vote against a candidate that would be a major opponent and assist in selecting the other parties weakest candidate.

>>>>

I've been saying that Californians are going to regret the passage of Prop 14. This is going to be the first test of the new system with a combined Presidential/State Primary.

I think the first time that the top two candidates in a General belong to the same party (which is a possibility in California), people are going to pitch a fit and fall into it.

Our modified Open Primary system was bad enough...this is going to be a nightmare.

Our Proposition system is a cluster fuck from the git-go. I habitually vote no on all Propositions here.

Couldn't agree more. We keep voting for shit like condos for chickens or the stupid "three strikes" crap and no way to pay for it.

In a huge blow to the Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman campaigns, all of them have failed to meet the required 10,000 registered voter signature petition requirement to appear on the Virginia primary ballot taking place March 6, 2011. Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have qualified for the primary. Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum failed to qualify for the Virginia ballot, according to state GOP officials.
Five GOP candidates fail to qualify for Virginia primary ballot « 2012 Election Central

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum not on Va. primary ballot | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Your state is CRAP--when you can eliminate 6 out of 8 GOP candidates--my final word--is FU--& it's no wonder you live next door to Washington D.C.
A deceitful OP filled with more belly-achin' sour grapes.

Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman didn't even try to get on the ballot.

Show us where they even HANDED IN any signatures. G'head.

One of your "8 candidates" -- DROPPED OUT.

That leaves TWO - two that fucked up and didn't even get 15,000 votes (a safe buffer) in a state of nearly 4 million registered voters.

That's .003% - when they had MONTHS to do so, and it was the busiest time of the year to solicit signatures.

What the hell does THAT tell you?

The whining needs to stop, the candidates and the candidate's committee failed to organize, all you have to do back there is set up your booth right outside those metro's and get your signatures, you could have had it done easily in a couple of weeks. To whine about the election laws now when they knew it well in advance is ridiculous. They were warned on Nov 15th well over a month ago that they needed to get busy, they didn't and now they are paying for it.

You need a certain number of electoral votes to be your party's nominee, I am not sure how many electoral votes Virginia has but if you are not on their primary ballot you don't win any of them. It's a kiss of death.

Freedom's Lighthouse » 2012 Electoral Vote Map

Let me see if I got this right. Gingrich couldn't get his ass on the ballot with all his resources and republicans feel sorry for him. The poor can't get an ID to vote and that republicans say they have no sympathy for them because, they say, it's easy.

Figure that one out.
Some feel sorry...even enraged...the States have rules. Perhaps the candidates need to focus a bit more with the timelines.

Perhaps your level headed response should be used on the poor. I undretand that the GOP is only worthy of your understanding bu perhaps it was laziness and a feeling of entitlement. Or do you only use those excuses involving irresponsibility only on the poor folk? Don't answer...I know already.

The whining needs to stop, the candidates and the candidate's committee failed to organize, all you have to do back there is set up your booth right outside those metro's and get your signatures, you could have had it done easily in a couple of weeks. To whine about the election laws now when they knew it well in advance is ridiculous. They were warned on Nov 15th well over a month ago that they needed to get busy, they didn't and now they are paying for it.

Hey, dummy, you do realize you need to get the Perry and Gingrich supporters behind your Weird Mormon Robot next November, right. You don't want them getting any whacky ideas about forming a third party or supporting a third party or just staying home.

This is where the GOP establishment is making A HUGE mistake. By cheating to this degree to acheive a result, they will have a result no one will feel invested in.

I go back to the Democrats in 2008. It was a long, bitter campaign, but at the end of it, people who supported Mrs. Clinton were able to get their chance to do so. So they had no problem getting behind Obama in the fall.

But if Romney runs roughshod over those who wanted to see Gingirch or Perry on the ballot, and says, "Hey, screw you, you got to vote for me now", how far do you think that's going to get him?

Obama hate is only going to carry you fools so far.

Forum List

Back