Front Yard Without Grass - My Project

No thanks.

maxresdefault.jpg
Pfft!

peyote-4.jpg

Grass in front yard? I idiot ripped out my meadow style grasses in my front yard. Now it has the bushes only, and the last purple medow grass that I forgot to rip out. I regret that I ripped them out. If you have meadow and aquatic style grasses, they self regulate autonomously and grow beautifully. I am awful. Plant medow style.

Southern California isn't Kentucky, or England.
Lawns in this part of the country are a symbol that you don't really like the desert climate and can't adapt.
We're 320 sq ft away from being grass free.
Doesn't mean we don't have vegetation though.
We have fruit trees, a veggie garden box and we'll most likely get back to putting in some hardy regional plants.
But the ground itself is decorative gravel, rock or concrete.
Besides, we have a lot of vehicles so the concrete also serves a functional purpose.

I am sure Corporate California appreciates people foregoing water so they can continue to water their for-profit almond trees.

Anyone want to remove their lawn upkeep by
killing their grass I can rent out my father, he used to always kill his lawn every year by over tending to it. *L*

I am sure Corporate California appreciates people foregoing water so they can continue to water their for-profit almond trees.

And that is fine with me, too. Even if the almond growers didn't exist, there's still no reason for me to pretend that I live in Eastern Kentucky when the reality is, I live in the URBAN DESERT CLIMATE of Southern California.

You don't show up in Costa Rica wearing mucklucks, a parka, gloves and thermal underwear.
And it's foolish to plant high maintenance thirsty lawns in Los Angeles, California, almond growers or no almond growers.

My front yard is totally without grass.

By choice?

Absolutely. Backyard too.

Why?

My backyard became grass free because I used to let my chickens free range my backyard all day. They will eat any green thing in the world. Now that I have gotten rid of my chickens, I am trying to grow my grass back.

Chicken taste better than grass. Grass is French. Why did you get rid of your chicken?

Hello,

I turned my front yard into a garden without grass.

I got many pictures during the process.

Steps ---> My new front yard garden

List of materials:

We don't have any grass on our lawn anymore. We live in California (unfortunately) and here the population is outgrowing the water supply.
The local city has passed laws against washing your car at home with a hose and we can only water our lawns twice a week at the most.
There has been a lot of emphasis on water conservation here and many people are starting to do without grass, and either going for gravel or
succulent plants instead, which are able to survive in drier climates.

Forum List

Back