Friends in Europe and around the world

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
My niece asked me who in my family represents the last generation in my family, and Americans in general, just generally, with few exceptions perhaps, that can socially connect well with people from other countries, especially in Europe.

This is what I said.
Well, what you're asking for is too small of a sample to say for sure.
But this is what I have seen overall.

Your Grandfather, who is MY Dad, he's 73 years old, he Knows Brigitte Bardot over in France, and she's 82 years old.

My father's Ex Girlfriend, she's 64 years old, She has a friend from England that goes to Illinois, to visit her.
She's also in her 60s.

Years ago now, back when I was 18 years old, my Dad met a woman over in England.
He was back then, 61 years old.
She was in her mid 50s.

I won my fights in Australia and end up having to kick people's ass there because of how fucking miserably that I was treated there.

That gives you an idea of how long ago it truly was, when America had the respect that it STILL deserves.

That puts the last decade of American respect, around the early 1970s, on average, if you're talking about a generation of employed workers of reproductive age.
Around 42 years ago.

Now the question is, is how long is 42 years in terms of how people operate ?

What is 42 years ?
Well Its long enough for two chronological generations (x and y) be born, grow up, go to college, and make kids of their own, (idealistically).
And for a third generation after (generation z) to be born to Generation X parents, and be reaching adulthood, or actually be IN adulthood right now.

42 years ago, big business people were investing in British Hong Kong and Japan.
People that invested in Casio watches made tens of millions 42 years ago.
And the disco song "Kung Fu Fighting" was popular and heard everywhere between 1974 until about the middle of the 1990s.

Just 30 years ago....
That's when all those Martial arts movies, starring actual martial artists, were being filmed in Asia with a Hero / Villain narrative, and those are extremely retrograde today.
That's how long 4 decades can be, in terms of people.

So Based on what I have seen and experienced, the 1970s is likely to have been the last decade that Americans could easily make good social friends with people over in Europe (among young working people on equal terms).

Last edited:
Before my Jewish friend from England moved to Israel he would come over to visit us in Arkanass...That was 15 years ago..

People from all corners of the world form lasting friendships every day.

And of course assholes have been shunned by people everywhere in all ages. If someone has trouble making friends, they really have to ask themselves...

Forum List

Back