Free Speech Press Conference

Apparently this is taking place in half an hour. I just got a notification for it.

tenor.gif

tenor (1).gif

tenor (5).gif

download (3).jpeg

Apparently this is taking place in half an hour. I just got a notification for it.

Is this like a consolation prize, after 3 different venues in California refused to rent them a hall to speak in on their America First fund-raising tour? I am not actually sure why a Florida Congressman in hot water and junior representative only in office for 7 months want to say to Californians anyway or who would pay to come listen. I understand he needs the money for legal fees, but not sure California cares.
1626562561860.png

Will the Jewish Space Lasers disrupt the show? It's a shame that free speech events tend to showcase the crazies...it's a worthwhile conversation. Is manipulative speech protected? If so, how far do those protections go? After all, there is no law against lying...and these days..not a lot of disapproval--in some circles it's just the business of the day.
Pity this event is just going to be an exercise in bias confirmation and RWNJ virtue signaling~

I think that it's great that they're speaking up and fighting back.
Fighting back? Against what..specifically? This great war, this cultural conflict you have, exists, for the most part, in the collective unreality of the fringes.
It seems that some wish to view this entire cultural paradigm shifting in terms of good and evil..a great war of the end times, or just the inevitable SHTF. IMO, it is none of these things. Just the changing of the guard, on steroids.
Speaking up..well, no one has stopped them, to be sure. These people are wack jobs..anyone can see..including most Conservatives.
But their voices are heard--as is yours. Effectiveness and relevance are another thing entirely. Green has neither--just managing a nodal confluence of disenfranchised idiots.
There is power in that..if she can bring the crazy vote with her--and she has already proven that she can do that, on a small scale.

i think the major issue here is your lack of understanding of what censorship is
I'm just using your side's definitions of censorship.

That was kind of the point, to highlight your side's inconsistent standards. To your side, it's only censorship if liberals do it. Since you're all so wildly inconsistent, everyone correctly assumes you're just lying for poltical gain.

i think the major issue here is your lack of understanding of what censorship is

That was kind of the point, to highlight your side's inconsistent standards. To your side, it's only censorship if liberals do it. Since you're all so wildly inconsistent, everyone correctly assumes you're just lying for poltical gain.
Republicans have censored trump from FB and Twitter? Who knew?

um my side simply uses the one the courts have used when reviewing the first amendment, that and webster’s

Needless to say, they'll forbid any actual questions. "Free speech advocates" tend to be the most fanatical censors.
Oh, you must be talking about a 6 person Joe Biden speech, where all questions were submitted weeks in advance so Joe could try to study them, so he wouldnt fuck up the answers.

Event cancelled--protest forming with token announcer narrating.

Official announcement:

Republican Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Matt Gaetz of Florida hosted a protest against censorship on Saturday after three venues in California canceled their "America First" rally.
After the event was moved three times, the two lawmakers announced that they will be hosting a "freedom of speech peaceful protest" outside the Riverside City Hall on Saturday instead.
"Over the past week, I've seen the Communist left in California use threats of violence, intimidation, and harassment to bully business owners into submission, forcing them to cancel peaceful gatherings of Americans," Greene said in a statement emailed to Newsweek.

The City of Riverside announced Friday that the planned event, scheduled for 6 p.m. local time, will not proceed at the Riverside Convention Center after it was "widely condemned" by residents. Mayor Patricia Lock Dawson supported the decision by the Raincross Hospitality Corp., calling the rally "divisive."
Gaetz quickly took to social media to urge attendees to sign-up for the rally's new location in Anaheim. But Anaheim officials announced later in the day that the private venue had also canceled the event, hours before start time.
It was the third cancelation of the event in just over a week.

I think that it's great that they're speaking up and fighting back.
Fighting back? Against what..specifically?

Censorship?

Republicans have censored trump from FB and Twitter? Who knew?

I know right? Liberals are the biggest bunch of hypocrites that I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Event cancelled--protest forming with token announcer narrating.

Official announcement:

Republican Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Matt Gaetz of Florida hosted a protest against censorship on Saturday after three venues in California canceled their "America First" rally.
After the event was moved three times, the two lawmakers announced that they will be hosting a "freedom of speech peaceful protest" outside the Riverside City Hall on Saturday instead.
"Over the past week, I've seen the Communist left in California use threats of violence, intimidation, and harassment to bully business owners into submission, forcing them to cancel peaceful gatherings of Americans," Greene said in a statement emailed to Newsweek.

The City of Riverside announced Friday that the planned event, scheduled for 6 p.m. local time, will not proceed at the Riverside Convention Center after it was "widely condemned" by residents. Mayor Patricia Lock Dawson supported the decision by the Raincross Hospitality Corp., calling the rally "divisive."
Gaetz quickly took to social media to urge attendees to sign-up for the rally's new location in Anaheim. But Anaheim officials announced later in the day that the private venue had also canceled the event, hours before start time.
It was the third cancelation of the event in just over a week.

You mean the press conference was cancelled? I rest my case. Censorship has gotten SO bad. SMH.

Forum List

Back