free speech is not negotiable* Unless you work for Musk

Bad management did that, And brexit.
It happened before WWII. Feather bedding, overstaffing, overly restrictive work rules, shall Igo on? Little of that could be blamed on bad management. I will admit that British management caused its own share of problems. Britain really never graduated from the cottage industry/file to fit paradigm.

Ive worked for companies like that. But Ive also worked for companies that welcomed feedback and we were encouraged to voice issues.

Musk sounds like he is as thin skinned as trump. Another authoritarian dictator.

Feedback is what you give your supervisor, or even his supervisor. Or what you give HR or even the Board of Directors. Feedback is not what you give the press. When you seek to harm the company that pays you then you must be fired and to not fire the person would be a violation of Musk's fiduciary obligations to shareholders.

You couldnt make this shit up could you. Musk sacks employees who arite a letter critical of the champion of free speech.

How dors this stack up against hjs stated beliefs ?
Their opinion is obviously not valid , or protected in Musk World.
Is it just possible that Mr Musk is a hypocrite ?

Say it aint so.
You thought free speech meant you could talk shit about your employer with no repercussions? :cuckoo:

Ethics are universal.
People can bloviate. There are individuals fired or even imprisoned for saying the Holocaust did not happen or saying something even more on the edge like we are moving into a world where it will be like the holocaust.

If you do a little research, you discover that this letter was written by a group of leftists in the company and that these leftists were pressuring, even harassing, other employees in an effort to get them to sign the letter. The letter uncritically accepts as true the unproven sexual harassment claim against Musk, the company's CEO. By the way, many employees complained about being pressured to sign the letter and objected to its contents.

So this has nothing to do with denying anyone's freedom of speech. If you work for a company and you write that kind of a provocative, insulting open letter against your CEO, and you badger and harass other employees to sign the letter, you can doggone well expect to face serious consequences for such actions.

Maybe they listened to all his free speech nonsense and took him at his word ?
You know , no restrictions on free speech.

What he left out was - unless you are critical of me as supreme being

He's their employer, which makes any comparison to any other situation moot. And did he ever say "no restrictions of free speech, ever" or are you as usual putting words in people's mouth?

But keep digging yourself a hole, tommy twat, it's the only thing you seem to be good at.

He's their employer, which makes any comparison to any other situation moot. And did he ever say "no restrictions of free speech, ever" or are you as usual putting words in people's mouth?

But keep digging yourself a hole, tommy twat, it's the only thing you seem to be good at.
You are terrified of your masters. Its very sad that you lack basic freedoms.

You couldnt make this shit up could you. Musk sacks employees who arite a letter critical of the champion of free speech.

Say it aint so.
"a frequent source of distraction and embarrassment for us, particularly in recent weeks."

Bunch of whiney crybabies.

I'm pretty sure government was not involved in blocking their free speech. And they don't have the right to work for SpaceX. Nobody's job is safe when they shit-talk the boss in a company-wide memo. That's just......STUPID....

Say it aint so.

They work for him.......it isn't a free speech issue you idiot.

Meanwhile.....I freaking dare you to go to a pub anywhere in London and sing "Kung Fu Fighting," and see how long it takes to get picked up by the bobbies.........

The Moon Bats loved Musk when he was a Democrat and funding shitheads like The Worthless Negro and Crooked Hillary.

Now that he isn't doing that crap anymore the Moon Bats hate him.

His company, his rules.

They work for him.......it isn't a free speech issue you idiot.

Meanwhile.....I freaking dare you to go to a pub anywhere in London and sing "Kung Fu Fighting," and see how long it takes to get picked up by the bobbies.........
You are not familiar with London.

Say it aint so.
Must have some really stupid employees that worked there, this outcome was predictable. Commie you never held a job so you wouldn't know.

"a frequent source of distraction and embarrassment for us, particularly in recent weeks."

Bunch of whiney crybabies.

I'm pretty sure government was not involved in blocking their free speech. And they don't have the right to work for SpaceX. Nobody's job is safe when they shit-talk the boss in a company-wide memo. That's just......STUPID....
Musk is stupid for claiming to support free speech except when he gets criticised.

Im not an expert on twitter policy. I think they have a right to censor whatever they want within their T and Cs. But then I dont set myslf up as the champion of total free speech. That only exists in a society with responsibilities.

But musk did that and as we are seeing he isnt walking the walk. He could have laughed this off or, God forbid, talked to those guys. Even told them to fuck off.

But he sacked them and showed what a little man he is.
he did tell them to f off. they are free to their opinions about him…but he doesn’t have to pay them…now they can even tweet mean tweets about him

Forum List

Back