Freddie Gray had spine surgery one week BEFORE his arrest by Baltimore cops

Spine surgery has been 100% debunked......

The truth about Freddie Gray's pre-existing injury from car accident apos - Baltimore Sun
Freddie Gray settlement connected to lead paint, not car accident or spinal surgery. [quote/]

Ironic, considering the number of lead paint afflicted RWnuts there are on USMB.
More pointless jibberish. And you wonder why so many are trapped in poverty.

I'm retired on two pensions and you're a hundred years old still answering the alarm clock every morning.

Spine surgery has been 100% debunked......

The truth about Freddie Gray's pre-existing injury from car accident apos - Baltimore Sun
Freddie Gray settlement connected to lead paint, not car accident or spinal surgery. [quote/]

Ironic, considering the number of lead paint afflicted RWnuts there are on USMB.
More pointless jibberish. And you wonder why so many are trapped in poverty.

I'm retired on two pensions and you're a hundred years old still answering the alarm clock every morning.
Last I checked this isn't about you or me but rather the poor inner city youth

NICKEL DIMED TO DEATH Is a long-standing Philly cop technique to blame for a Baltimore fatality

THE PHILADELPHIA cops called it a "nickel ride."

The name came from the prevailing price for a ride down a rickety roller coaster in an early 20th-century amusement park - which should give some idea of the ancient roots of this particularly cruel form of police torture.

For decades, cops abused criminal suspects by throwing them - handcuffed but unsecured - into the open back of a police van, then careening around sharp curves or slamming the brakes during a rough ride to central booking.
If true that is pretty awful but hardly police brutality. I have endured much worse multiple times at the hands of police.
There is CLEARLY more to this story that NO ONE seems to be willing to wait for.

How in the world could you say somehting that they promised to stop doing and paid out victims to it isnt brutality?

Oh, by not reading the article I posted right? Or its not brutal because you claim to have gone through worse?
Because it isn't brutality. And yes, I have been through much worse.
In the end it is I who am being rational about this and refraining from passing judgment until all the facts are known.

Keep peddling your pointless judgements

He ended up dead so I suspect his was worse
People end up dead EVERY FUCKING DAY while riding in SECURED ambulances.

Must be the ambulance drivers fault right?

Jesus, it really is like arguing with children.

Find YOUR narrative & fuck everything else....
Simply pathetic

People who enter ambulances are normally in pretty serious conditionbefore they enter.....not so much police vans

So any evidence yet that the OP isn't complete bullshit?
Well, I cant speak for the OP...but I DID notice something early on in this situation. There was no mention of bruises to his body. Usually, that would have come out right away. Especially by the family.

You know, it is pretty hard to sever ones spine in a closed area without inflicting external injuries.

When I was a kid, I played football with someone who broke his back during the game. We were able to recall the hit later on, but during the game, he mentioned nothing and continued to play til the end.

It wasn't until the following Monday, at practice, when he was running up the steps of the stands that the hairline fracture cracked allo the way through.

It is quite possible that Mr. Gray had a hairline fracture in his back without knowing it...and the unusual motion his body encountered when entering the van with his hands cuffed may have severed it.

It is possible.

Do not rush to judgment.

Even if this was true, it's irrelevant...

...it's like the police throwing a suspect into the river and then claiming it was his fault he couldn't swim.
If true it is VERY relevant. IF

lol, why? Because police brutality is okay if they only damage a person at his weakest spot?

lol, go change your diaper, Grandpa.
Not being strapped in in the back of a police wagon is not police brutality dumbass.

Why can't everyone PRETEND they have a brain & use it. WAIT FOR THE EVIDENCE before jumping to all these conclusions

NICKEL DIMED TO DEATH Is a long-standing Philly cop technique to blame for a Baltimore fatality

THE PHILADELPHIA cops called it a "nickel ride."

The name came from the prevailing price for a ride down a rickety roller coaster in an early 20th-century amusement park - which should give some idea of the ancient roots of this particularly cruel form of police torture.

For decades, cops abused criminal suspects by throwing them - handcuffed but unsecured - into the open back of a police van, then careening around sharp curves or slamming the brakes during a rough ride to central booking.

Thanks for that link.

Interesting.

"We know he was not buckled in the transportation wagon as he should have been," Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said. "No excuses for that, period."

The commissioner also noted that the officers "failed to get him medical attention in a timely manner multiple times."

Incredibly, this has happened multiple times in Baltimore - including a "rough ride" 10 years ago that injured the spine and killed an arrestee named Dondi Johnson - as well as several multi-million-dollar civil judgments and settlements.

Ditto in Philadelphia. In 2001, the Inquirer documented 20 cases of arrestees who were injured during apparent "nickel rides" that critics said provided cops a "hands-free" method to dole out street justice - including three who suffered spinal cord injuries, two of them permanently paralyzed."

The glee that rightwingers are taking in all this is sickening

Well this is very troubling news if proven to be true.

Riding a bike and running from cops a week after spinal surgery?

That's a narrative that left bullshit stains on my monitor just typing it.
So you're all for burning down the house & looking for the facts later?

WTF is wrong with you people?

I'm asking you to look at the claim and ask yourself it makes the slightest sense. If it doesn't, that should be a huge red flag for you.

It was for me. Which is why I fact checked the claims of the OP. And they didn't hold up. The structured settlement was for exposure to lead paint as a child. Not a back injury.

But astonishingly, not a single winger thought to fact check anything. They didn't question the narrative, they didn't ask for evidence.

I did.
No it doesn't make sense but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

The fact that the settlement cited by the OP was for lead poisoning due to paint makes the OP claims untrue. The silliness of a the sprinting spinal surgery patient is merely a giant, neon warning sign that the OP's claims are questionable at best. And a steaming pile of horseshit at worse.

So any evidence yet that the OP isn't complete bullshit?
Well, I cant speak for the OP...but I DID notice something early on in this situation. There was no mention of bruises to his body. Usually, that would have come out right away. Especially by the family.

You know, it is pretty hard to sever ones spine in a closed area without inflicting external injuries.

When I was a kid, I played football with someone who broke his back during the game. We were able to recall the hit later on, but during the game, he mentioned nothing and continued to play til the end.

It wasn't until the following Monday, at practice, when he was running up the steps of the stands that the hairline fracture cracked allo the way through.

It is quite possible that Mr. Gray had a hairline fracture in his back without knowing it...and the unusual motion his body encountered when entering the van with his hands cuffed may have severed it.

It is possible.

Do not rush to judgment.

Fair enough. I don't know how the man received the spinal injury. Though the timing of it strongly suggests it had something to do with his time in police custody.

As sprinting and bike riding is something that most people with severe spinal injuries generally don't do. And both immediately preceded his apprehension.

You are a paranoid nut.

Neither the cops nor the government are my enemies.
Find a doctor and seek help

Really?

You still living in the past, Gramps? Back when Cops were good and decent men who believed in the Constitution, God and Country?

Delusional. A Cop will ruin your life in a heart beat and without thought these days. Gone are the Cops of forty years ago. They just don't exist anymore.

Now, we've gone brownshirts who just do what they're told.....

Who they gonna send to take your guns when the time comes? Code Pink?

Who they gonna send to arrest you for not baking a cake for a couple of bean flickers?

Who they gonna send to beat you DOWN when you say the wrong things to the wrong people? A Journalist?

Who they gonna send to choke you to death for selling loosies and depriving THE STATE of at least twelve cents in taxes? Lois Lerner?

Cops work for THE FUCKING STATE.

Have you not read about the illegal raids on Governor Scott Walker's friends houses?

Who in the FUCK do you think did that? THE FUCKING BOY SCOUTS??!!

Cops do what they're told. They don't understand the moral fallacy of befehl ist befehl.

They're Cops. Servants of THE STATE

Now we have to consider the most far fetched bullshit or else we're not being fair.

Maybe he had a fracture before that and rode a bike and ran for therapy

Maybe he was doing hip hop head spins all day and harmed himself...then ran

Maybe when he was running from the police, the police drew a picture of a lake on the ground Road Runner style and Freddie fell for it and tried to dive in it

Now we have to consider the most far fetched bullshit or else we're not being fair.

Maybe when he was running from the police, the police drew a picture of a lake on the ground Road Runner style and Freddie fell for it and tried to dive in it
I didn't say you have to consider ANYTHING.

I said WAIT FOR ALL THE FACTS

Idiot

Shut up, faggot. I watched a man sprint 100 yards after being shot and then drop dead. Fear is a primal motivator.

Now this.....

Those Cops should be in Jail right now, or we should be hearing WHY they're not...... Period

And that should have happened immediately......

But, THE STATE protects their own

The People of Baltimore have EVERY RIGHT to protest Freddie Gray's death and I am 100% on their side. Not 99%......

100%

But what's going here is that dimocrap FILTH have taken over, infiltrated, corrupted and destroyed the protests, turning them violent for their OWN political points.

THAT IS A KNOWN FACT.

They did it to the Occupy (bowel) Movement, they did in Ferguson, they tried to do it in Florida but we set them straight -- Fucking Quick and now.....

Now they're doing it in Baltimore.

THAT is what the problem is.

I also fought tooth and nail with 'conservatives' over the New York City 'loosie' man Eric Garner dealio.

Those Cops should have been arrested and JAILED immediately for 1st Degree Murder.

The problem with too many Conservatives is -- Frankly, there not smart enough to avoid getting drawn into an argument they can't defend.

And dimocraps? YOu're just dishonest scum.

As usual

Refute what? A WordPress blogger citing anonymous sources isn't evidence.

Yes, it IS evidence.

It's just not very good evidence. Maybe even useless evidence. But it IS evidence.

If this proves true it will mitigate my understanding of the provenance of the riots....

I kinda hope that it wasn't what my original understanding was.

The problem in this Country is simple --

Most Cops are punks and bullies and cowards.

Cowards who SHOULD NOT be wearing a badge and carrying a gun.

Watch this

WATCH IT GODDAMNIT!!!!

After the coward shot the guy in the back (as cowards are wont to do) the bike fell over on him and was burning him VERY BADLY.

He begged for help to get the 1,200 degree pipes off of him. He was paralyzed and couldn't move. His friend on the other bike asked the Cop for help to lift the Bike (If that's a Big Twin, it should come in at at least 600lbs), the Cop laughed at him and said......

"He's your friend, you move the bike."

Oh, the Cop. Hasn't spent a day in Jail that I know of

Conviction flipped in Ottawa Hills shooting case - Toledo Blade

The face of a punk, a coward and a bully >>

CTY-white14p-thomas-white-may-2010.jpg

The problem in this Country is simple --

Most Cops are punks and bullies and cowards.

Cowards who SHOULD NOT be wearing a badge and carrying a gun.

Watch this

WATCH IT GODDAMNIT!!!!

After the coward shot the guy in the back (as cowards are wont to do) the bike fell over on him and was burning him VERY BADLY.

He begged for help to get the 1,200 degree pipes off of him. He was paralyzed and couldn't move. His friend on the other bike asked the Cop for help to lift the Bike (If that's a Big Twin, it should come in at at least 600lbs), the Cop laughed at him and said......

"He's your friend, you move the bike."

Oh, the Cop. Hasn't spent a day in Jail that I know of

Conviction flipped in Ottawa Hills shooting case - Toledo Blade

The face of a punk, a coward and a bully >>

CTY-white14p-thomas-white-may-2010.jpg

You can find bad apples in every walk of life bro. Stop pretending that idiots are unique to democrats, govt employees & blacks

You can find bad apples in every walk of life bro. Stop pretending that idiots are unique to democrats, govt employees & blacks

It's not a case of 'a few bad apples' Gramps.

It is the entire Law Enforcement system in this Country that's out of control.. The Corrupt State won't prosecute their own, so the Cops walk around like they're Gods and beat people up, shoot them, cripple them, murder them and choke them to death with impunity because they know their Masters, THE STATE, won't do anything about it.

Cop Charged in Beanbag Shooting Death of 95-Year-Old WWII Vet Chicago Heights IL Patch

Park Forest cop acquitted in fatal beanbag shooting of WWII vet - Chicago Tribune

I don't care to debate it with you. If you choose to be happy in your lack of knowledge on the topic, that's fine with me.

Ignorance is -- something :dunno:

It's not a case of 'a few bad apples' Gramps.

It is the entire Law Enforcement system in this Country that's out of control.. The Corrupt State won't prosecute their own, so the Cops walk around like they're Gods and beat people up, shoot them, cripple them, murder them and choke them to death with impunity because they know their Masters, THE STATE, won't do anything about it.

Cop Charged in Beanbag Shooting Death of 95-Year-Old WWII Vet Chicago Heights IL Patch

Park Forest cop acquitted in fatal beanbag shooting of WWII vet - Chicago Tribune

I don't care to debate it with you. If you choose to be happy in your lack of knowledge on the topic, that's fine with me.

Ignorance is -- something :dunno:
If you knew what ignorance was you wouldn't be spouting such nonsense.

I have a cop neighbor & believe it or not he is not a Nazi Zombie contrary to your beliefs.

Are there bad cops? Sure But they are not the majority & certainly not the states hired henchmen as you seem to think so.

I will say again. You need a therapist

Uh-oh.

Reports are now surfacing that Freddie Gray, who died in police custody in Baltimore from spinal injuries (triggering the Baltimore riots), had spinal injuries requiring surgery BEFORE he was ever arrested by the cops.

It hasn't been documented when Gray was injured, or by whom or what. Court records show that he was receiving a structured settlement from his insurance company, suggesting that the injuries occurred weeks or even months before his arrest. But it is more and more clear that he incurred his injuries before the cops ever laid a finger on him.

Has there been ANY object of liberal outrage in recent memory, that hasn't turned out to be falsely reported or outright faked?

-------------------------------------------------

BREAKING Freddie Gray Allegedly Had Spine Surgery Just One Week Before Arrest The Fourth Estate

BREAKING: Freddie Gray Allegedly Had Spine Surgery Just One Week Before Arrest

April 28, 2015 · by fourthestate2014 · in U.S.

UPDATE: More information has serviced, and a story will be released at 6 PM EST Wednesday that blows the Freddie Gray settlement/surgery/car accident story WIDE open

CONFIRMED: Court records show Freddie Gray was receiving a structured settlement from Allstate Insurance and attempted to convert it into one lump sum in early March

———————————————————————————————————————————–

EXCLUSIVE: The Fourth Estate has been told that Freddie Gray’s life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested, not from rough excessively rough treatment or abuse from police.

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddie Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

If this is true, then it is possible that Gray’s spinal injury resulting from his encounter with the Baltimore Police was not the result of rough-handling or abuse, but rather a freak accident that occurred when Gray should have been at home resting, not selling drugs.

The structured settlement from Allstate and Gray’s attempt to convert it into one lump sum payment has been confirmed by Howard County Circuit Court Records

You do realize that your source is a flagrantly right wing blog. And all of its sources are anonymous.

That's sand you're standing on.

Thing is that no one knows much about Freddie's health issues before this happened. It's just another unknown fact that may or may not factor into this.

He did appear completely incapacitated before being put into the van and that is a sign that something was already very wrong before police took him into custody. Was he able to walk on his own? It looked like he couldn't, but couldn't tell if he was conscious and not cooperating or just out of it. Why they didn't seek medical help is still a good question and we don't know the details on Freddie's actions or anything he said to them. I don't know what the protocol is for police when encountering someone who is passed out drunk. I would think it should be standard practice to have a person evaluated at a hospital if there is any doubt as to their health.

The big question is whether the police are responsible for inflicting the injury and whether they had reason to believe his life was in jeopardy. They likely knew the guy since he has a long record and I wonder if his demeanor was unusual to them compared to previous arrests. While police can't be perfect, they are responsible for the well being of suspects since they are in control of them once they place them under arrest.

Lots of unanswered questions and no way anyone can come to a conclusion before all facts are known. Of course, that never keeps the thugs from their favorite activities.

Forum List

Back