Frankly, it's completely overwhelming.

I don't think you know what the term "gaslighting" means.....at least two of her narratives were quickly debunked.
Nope.

Engel told Jan. 6 select committee investigators that the two men discussed Trump’s desire to go to the Capitol and took different views on the topic. Engel noted that they went back to the White House instead of heading to Capitol Hill. The contents of Engel’s testimony have not been previously reported. Secret Service spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi declined to comment.

The testimony shows just how much Trump wanted to be at the Capitol with his backers as Congress voted to certify his Electoral College loss to Joe Biden. And he expressed his desire to join the protesters even as violence was unfolding.

You mean a cornered and rehearsed witness forced to give a cheesy fake testimony “production”, with no opposing side questioning, and which the secret service immediately shot it down by claiming the things she said never happened?
See post #32 and #141.

After hearing yesterday's testimony, how does one even begin to process all of what was said? It was teased as being a potential bombshell. It was closer to carpet bombing.

There were some things we knew about that Hutchinson provided more detail and color for. Like the timing of his tweet accusing Pence of not having the courage to help with the coup coming minutes after Trump was told the mob was chanting "hang Mike Pence." It was a mind boggling disregard for Pence's safety.

There were some things we didn't know, like this.

Trump knew there were weapons in the crowd, wanted to get rid of metal detectors before siccing crowd on Congress

Trump not only knew about weapons in the crowd on Jan. 6, but actually seemed to embrace that fact, Hutchinson testified. She focused on Trump’s rage upon learning that the immediate crowd area around the stage at the White House Ellipse — the part that was surrounded by metal detectors — was not full because people in the crowd had weapons and could not go through the magnetometers with them.

Backstage at the rally, Hutchinson said she overheard Trump say something to the effect of, “I don’t effing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the effing mags away. Let my people in, they can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in, take the effing mags away.”

I thought I had become immune to being shocked by the Orange Menace. That still shocked me. I was reminded of all the times he boasted about the size of his rally crowds. And of course who can forget Don forcing Sean Spicer to go to the WH podium and lie about the size of the inaugural crowd? Clearly, this was much worse. It would be enough to keep Faux having an apoplectic fit for years. All the other far right wing outlets would similarly be in meltdown mode. The story would infinitely reverberate around the right wing sound chamber. With Trump, it's just one of many outrages. Too many to count. Too many to elicit the appropriate amount of indignity or attention. He has once again flooded the zone with atrocity just as he did for his entire presidency.
So how did President Trump “know” the crowd was armed? Is he a mind reader? Maybe he has Jedi powers? X-Ray and zoom in vision like Superman?

By the way, the crowd was NOT armed. Not one shot was fired by them at all. It was an unarmed protest.

So why don’t you “process” those facts.

Trump and Engel have also both corroborated the thrust of Hutchinson's testimony.

Trump told The Washington Post in April that he had wanted to accompany his supporters to the Capitol on Jan. 6, but the "Secret Service said I couldn't go. I would have gone there in a minute." Engel testified to the Jan. 6 committee that he and Trump had disagreed about going to the Capitol and he had steered them to the White House instead, Politico reported earlier this month.
I was referring to the assertion that Trump "lunged for the steering wheel" and "assaulted" one of the agents.
I don't doubt that he wanted to go to the Capitol.

1656517213591.png

That's really funny. Anyone who knows me, knows ...................................

Aw fuck it. You wouldn't get it.
Your call. I just don't see what you hope to gain by pissing people off. Or why you'd find it so satisfying. It's certainly not persuasive.

Nope.

Engel told Jan. 6 select committee investigators that the two men discussed Trump’s desire to go to the Capitol and took different views on the topic. Engel noted that they went back to the White House instead of heading to Capitol Hill. The contents of Engel’s testimony have not been previously reported. Secret Service spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi declined to comment.

The testimony shows just how much Trump wanted to be at the Capitol with his backers as Congress voted to certify his Electoral College loss to Joe Biden. And he expressed his desire to join the protesters even as violence was unfolding.

where did he say he was attacked by Trump and he tried to grab the wheel? Trump said in the speech at the rally he'd come to the peaceful protest....what you just reported is nothing new.

He was riding in a SUV at the time of the incident. A vehicle in which he could have reached for or grabbed the wheel. I have no doubt impugning her testimony will play well in Trumpworld. Not as well in the real world.
There's a barrier in the SUV too, you fucking idjit!

You're the most gullible rube on the site....And that's not for lack of serious competition! :auiqs.jpg:

After hearing yesterday's testimony, how does one even begin to process all of what was said? It was teased as being a potential bombshell. It was closer to carpet bombing.

There were some things we knew about that Hutchinson provided more detail and color for. Like the timing of his tweet accusing Pence of not having the courage to help with the coup coming minutes after Trump was told the mob was chanting "hang Mike Pence." It was a mind boggling disregard for Pence's safety.

There were some things we didn't know, like this.

Trump knew there were weapons in the crowd, wanted to get rid of metal detectors before siccing crowd on Congress

Trump not only knew about weapons in the crowd on Jan. 6, but actually seemed to embrace that fact, Hutchinson testified. She focused on Trump’s rage upon learning that the immediate crowd area around the stage at the White House Ellipse — the part that was surrounded by metal detectors — was not full because people in the crowd had weapons and could not go through the magnetometers with them.

Backstage at the rally, Hutchinson said she overheard Trump say something to the effect of, “I don’t effing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the effing mags away. Let my people in, they can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in, take the effing mags away.”

I thought I had become immune to being shocked by the Orange Menace. That still shocked me. I was reminded of all the times he boasted about the size of his rally crowds. And of course who can forget Don forcing Sean Spicer to go to the WH podium and lie about the size of the inaugural crowd? Clearly, this was much worse. It would be enough to keep Faux having an apoplectic fit for years. All the other far right wing outlets would similarly be in meltdown mode. The story would infinitely reverberate around the right wing sound chamber. With Trump, it's just one of many outrages. Too many to count. Too many to elicit the appropriate amount of indignity or attention. He has once again flooded the zone with atrocity just as he did for his entire presidency.
"Take the effing mags away."
Do you know what he meant by "mags", snowflake?
Lulz.

There's a barrier in the SUV too, you fucking idjit!
Then why was Hutchinson told by Ornato he grabbed the wheel, with the Secret Service agent who was in the SUV standing right there not refuting what she was told?

Who know if any of her story is true at this point....
If there is a dispute over the incident in the SUV she described it doesn't change the veracity of anything else she said. However, I understand full well Trump defenders will disingenuously use a dispute to question everything.

www.politico.com

Trump privately raised Jan. 6 Capitol appearance with Secret Service agent, select panel hears

Robert Engel, the head of Donald Trump's Secret Service detail at the time, said they had different views on whether the former president should join his supporters.
www.politico.com

So how did President Trump “know” the crowd was armed? Is he a mind reader? Maybe he has Jedi powers? X-Ray and zoom in vision like Superman?

By the way, the crowd was NOT armed. Not one shot was fired by them at all. It was an unarmed protest.

So why don’t you “process” those facts.

Forum List

Back