Frankly, it's completely overwhelming.

I mean the witnesses that OUR side chooses. Oops….I forgot. Our side doesn’t get any witnesses of its own choosing.

This whole thing is such a crock.

Of course it is.

I feel sorry for people like Berg.

I hope they're being paid well

For selling their souls

Before Hutchinson’s testimony, Trump’s remarks were viewed by many as reckless, but fundamentally within the realm of political speech, evading the standard for incitement. It was, commentators argued, definitely within the boundaries granted to politicians, who frequently urge supporters to “fight” for political action.

In January, Rozenshtein argued to TPM that Trump’s action’s on Jan. 6 didn’t meet the bar in part for that reason — they qualified as political speech — even as he took to “alleging a massive conspiracy and fraud on the American public.”

“It’s a lie, but to me it’s campaign rhetoric; that’s him going to the American people, and it’s what we’d want him to do if the Constitution really were under attack,” Rozenshtein said.

But Hutchinson added a few sentences which, for Rozenshtein, changed that calculus.

“Take the f-ing mags away. They’re not here to hurt me. Let them in. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol after the rally is over,” Hutchinson recalled Trump saying.

It’s not that Hutchinson’s testimony was itself a smoking gun. But it emerged after weeks of hearing which describe a coordinated, premeditated campaign to overturn the election result which culminated in an explosion of violence on Jan. 6.

The really crazy part is believing that one political party does everything right & the other party messes everything up. There is always a continuation from one party to the next every 4 to 8 years, and who ever runs it the rich & powerful always come out better than average Americans. Guess if the GOP wins they will again go after SS & MEDI CARE . PS old age party hacks suck. maters not what party they label them self's with.

Of course it is.

I feel sorry for people like Berg.

I hope they're being paid well

For selling their souls
Those that could or should have spoken up to defend had requested pardons
or took the 5th
but most just refuse to testify
as you have to testify Under Oath.
but you can tell any lie on public media with No consequences.

Interesting. Why do you think evidence presented by first hand witnesses under oath that he is a criminal has that effect?
What "evidence presented by first hand witnesses under oath" is that?

Last edited:
Are people like the OP actually considering this a legitimate hearing? It’s a one-sided witch hunt, where evidence and witnesses from the other side are not allowed, and even cross-examining the witch-hunt’s witnesses is disallowed.

What a joke.
Yeah, they keep pretending this witch hunt is some kind of legitimate legal proceding.

Yes, because the overwhelming majority of the first hand witness testimony given under oath by former Repub members of the Trump admin has yet to be refuted in a material way.
How can it be refuted when no contrary witnesses are allowed to testify?

Former President Trump’s speech at the Ellipse was many things — low-class, loaded with conspiracy theories, reckless.

But to many legal elites, it fell short of incitement.

But after the Jan. 6 Committee hearings — and, specifically, after Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony on Tuesday — that view may be starting to change.

Multiple legal commentators and former DOJ officials who had publicly stated, before Tuesday, that Trump’s activities did not meet the exacting legal standard for incitement have now changed their views.

“There’s no question about intent. There are enough pieces of evidence about what Trump did that made this more likely than not,” said Alan Rozenshtein, an associate professor at University of Minnesota Law and former attorney-adviser in the DOJ’s National Security Division. “He tried to get the magnetometers removed, tried to get them to march on the Capitol.”

Nothing will change, shit for brains. You still came up far short of the target.

Sorry dude. Your childish idiocy is cluttering up the thread. You're on ignore.
irony.png

The really crazy part is believing that one political party does everything right & the other party messes everything up.
After watching the Democrats' 6 Jan Committee ... most Americans might disagree with you ... now.

This Committee has been like a combo infomercial for DNC Autism and the Jerry Lewis telethon trying to raise money for TDS-suffering Democrats.

:p

You guys seem to want and ignore the illegal activity. 😂😂😂😂

The current "president" we have is running the most illegal and unconstitutional administration in this country's entire history.

Nothing Trump ever did could even cause me to raise an eyebrow.

I could sure as hell be wrong, but I think it would be a mistake for anyone to get their hopes up on any ultimate convictions, or even a general accountability.

Even if Garland prosecutes, the best he'll be able to hope for is a hung jury. There will be cult members in any jury. I'll bet he knows it. This is essentially a Mafia case, and there is no "Sammy the Bull Gravano" to Trump's Gotti. Then, it's just back to business for this mob.

I want the facts to come out in a trial. At least we'll fuckin' know. Anything beyond that would surprise/shock me.

You still think you know Kavanaugh is a raging alcoholic who led rape trains in college.

You guys seem to want and ignore the illegal activity. 😂😂😂😂

This coming from the assclowns who have and continue to ignore and defend the Democrats'

Running Weapons to Cartels
Espionage
FISA Court Fraud
Illegal spying on Americans
Russian Collusion Scandal
Russian Bank Scandal
Perjury
Manufacturing False Evidence
Sedition
Treason
Un-Constitutional Open Border Illegal Immigration
Drug Trafficking Human/Child/Sex Trafficking
Crime of Transporting Illegals
Threatening USSC Justices
Incited Assassinations Trys
Called for USSC Intimidation
Called for USSC Violence
Called for Insurrections

..and who just got busted AGAIN committing perjury & criminally manufacturing false evidence...

1656542717635.png

Can't blame you for taking the cynical approach given the Trump crime family has thus far escaped justice. The cautionary tale of cult members infiltrating the jury reminds me of how Repub senators ignored the evidence in Trump's impeachments, with the exception of a few in #2. Still, it would be a dereliction of his oath of office if Garland didn't file charges. We are a country of laws or we are the country Trump wants us to become.

There was no evidence in either impeachment . Actually there was no crime to supply any evidence. You’re being played again by your masters dumb ass.

After hearing yesterday's testimony, how does one even begin to process all of what was said? It was teased as being a potential bombshell. It was closer to carpet bombing.

There were some things we knew about that Hutchinson provided more detail and color for. Like the timing of his tweet accusing Pence of not having the courage to help with the coup coming minutes after Trump was told the mob was chanting "hang Mike Pence." It was a mind boggling disregard for Pence's safety.

There were some things we didn't know, like this.

Trump knew there were weapons in the crowd, wanted to get rid of metal detectors before siccing crowd on Congress

Trump not only knew about weapons in the crowd on Jan. 6, but actually seemed to embrace that fact, Hutchinson testified. She focused on Trump’s rage upon learning that the immediate crowd area around the stage at the White House Ellipse — the part that was surrounded by metal detectors — was not full because people in the crowd had weapons and could not go through the magnetometers with them.

Backstage at the rally, Hutchinson said she overheard Trump say something to the effect of, “I don’t effing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the effing mags away. Let my people in, they can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in, take the effing mags away.”

I thought I had become immune to being shocked by the Orange Menace. That still shocked me. I was reminded of all the times he boasted about the size of his rally crowds. And of course who can forget Don forcing Sean Spicer to go to the WH podium and lie about the size of the inaugural crowd? Clearly, this was much worse. It would be enough to keep Faux having an apoplectic fit for years. All the other far right wing outlets would similarly be in meltdown mode. The story would infinitely reverberate around the right wing sound chamber. With Trump, it's just one of many outrages. Too many to count. Too many to elicit the appropriate amount of indignity or attention. He has once again flooded the zone with atrocity just as he did for his entire presidency.
I ALMOST feel sorry for people who believe the lies....almost

Forum List

Back