Fox News etc is a toxic planet, produces our hateful atmosphere...

francoHFW

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2011
NY 26th FINALLY DEM!
Andrew Sullivan made the mistake of spending an evening watching Fox News:

Here’s the gist: the president is a lawless dictator, abetting America’s Islamist foes around the world, releasing Taliban prisoners to aid in his own jihad on America, fomenting a new caliphate in Iraq, and encouraging children to rush the Mexican border to up his vote-count, while effectively leaving those borders open to achieve his “fundamental transformation of America.”

I watched Megyn Kelly, who is regarded as more centrist than Sean Hannity. You could have fooled me. The guests were Brent Bozell, far right veteran, and Andy McCarthy, pro-torture activist touting his book calling for Obama’s impeachment. The only pushback Kelly provided to a relentless stream of hysteria was to ask whether the president sincerely wanted another terror attack on America — since it would hurt his approval ratings. And that provided the only qualification to the picture of a Jihadist in the White House determined to destroy the America he loathes.

Over the years, the more that I've thought about the evolution of conservative politics over the past few decades, the more I become convinced that Fox News is really at the center of it. Sure, it all started with a base of Reagan and the Christian Right and talk radio and the Republican takeover of the South. But Newt Gingrich was the game changer. He's the one who brought conservative politics to a truly new, truly unprecedented level of toxic rancor.

Here's the thing, though: As critical as Gingrich was, he lasted only a few years before flaming out and becoming a historical footnote. It was Fox News that became the ongoing, institutional expression of Gingrichism. The Republican Party would have turned right in any case, but without Fox I'm just not sure Gingrichism would ever have developed a critical mass. Without Fox, our politics never would have gotten so astonishingly toxic that a significant fraction of the nation—not just a fringe—honestly believes that we have a lawless, America-hating tyrant in the White House who's literally committed himself to destroying the country from both within and without.

Yes, the tea party has won. But it won because of support from Fox News. In reality, it's Fox News that won. And for all that Fox gets a lot of attention, I still wonder how many non-conservatives really watch it. Not just the occasional clip on Jon Stewart or Media Matters that's good for a laugh or an eye roll. How many really sit down occasionally and take in a full evening? Or a whole day? Because that's the only way you'll really understand.

Living in the World That Fox News Built | Mother Jones

ae5.gif

Poor little haterpubdupes. Nobody pays attention to his namecalling and insults in other people's thread. So he has to start a namecalling thread of his own.

The names being called by little haterpubdupes, are the same as always. Only the location has changed.

Yes! Repeal the first amendment and the freedom of the press for your own safety.

Ban fox news for the children!

For the children

Andrew Sullivan made the mistake of spending an evening watching Fox News:

Here’s the gist: the president is a lawless dictator, abetting America’s Islamist foes around the world, releasing Taliban prisoners to aid in his own jihad on America, fomenting a new caliphate in Iraq, and encouraging children to rush the Mexican border to up his vote-count, while effectively leaving those borders open to achieve his “fundamental transformation of America.”

I watched Megyn Kelly, who is regarded as more centrist than Sean Hannity. You could have fooled me. The guests were Brent Bozell, far right veteran, and Andy McCarthy, pro-torture activist touting his book calling for Obama’s impeachment. The only pushback Kelly provided to a relentless stream of hysteria was to ask whether the president sincerely wanted another terror attack on America — since it would hurt his approval ratings. And that provided the only qualification to the picture of a Jihadist in the White House determined to destroy the America he loathes.

Over the years, the more that I've thought about the evolution of conservative politics over the past few decades, the more I become convinced that Fox News is really at the center of it. Sure, it all started with a base of Reagan and the Christian Right and talk radio and the Republican takeover of the South. But Newt Gingrich was the game changer. He's the one who brought conservative politics to a truly new, truly unprecedented level of toxic rancor.

Here's the thing, though: As critical as Gingrich was, he lasted only a few years before flaming out and becoming a historical footnote. It was Fox News that became the ongoing, institutional expression of Gingrichism. The Republican Party would have turned right in any case, but without Fox I'm just not sure Gingrichism would ever have developed a critical mass. Without Fox, our politics never would have gotten so astonishingly toxic that a significant fraction of the nation—not just a fringe—honestly believes that we have a lawless, America-hating tyrant in the White House who's literally committed himself to destroying the country from both within and without.

Yes, the tea party has won. But it won because of support from Fox News. In reality, it's Fox News that won. And for all that Fox gets a lot of attention, I still wonder how many non-conservatives really watch it. Not just the occasional clip on Jon Stewart or Media Matters that's good for a laugh or an eye roll. How many really sit down occasionally and take in a full evening? Or a whole day? Because that's the only way you'll really understand.

Living in the World That Fox News Built | Mother Jones

The only people I know that watch Fox all sound exactly like you.

Typical left wing shill. You betray your own foolishness. Relying on propaganda to form an opinion.
Frenchie, why don't you just watch the damn channels yourself and form your own opinion instead of being a sheeple?

You're giving advice to someone who uses an antique boat more then a hundred years old, as an avatar? Facing permanently to the left, guns silent, and not even moving? One which got lost and ran aground more often than it fought in battle?

My, my. :cuckoo:

Typical left wing shill. You betray your own foolishness. Relying on propaganda to form an opinion.
Frenchie, why don't you just watch the damn channels yourself and form your own opinion instead of being a sheeple?

Frankie wont question the Democrats.....he is not able too....head starts hurting....

There is a reason Faux viewers know the president is a lawless dictator, abetting America’s Islamist foes around the world, releasing Taliban prisoners to aid in his own jihad on America, fomenting a new caliphate in Iraq, and encouraging children to rush the Mexican border to up his vote-count, while effectively leaving those borders open to achieve his “fundamental transformation of America.

There is a reason Faux viewers know the president is a lawless dictator, abetting America’s Islamist foes around the world, releasing Taliban prisoners to aid in his own jihad on America, fomenting a new caliphate in Iraq, and encouraging children to rush the Mexican border to up his vote-count, while effectively leaving those borders open to achieve his “fundamental transformation of America.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/ame]

Beck has apologized for the hate he stirred up when he was at Fox

Glenn Beck admits his divisive language and outlandish conspiracy theories may have played a role in tearing the country apart. Like Sandy Weill and Robert McNamara before him, Beck’s apology is more than tardy

Last edited:
silly left-wing losers are crying about "hate" at other news outlets; while their own left-wing nutjob talking heads can be heard wishing they could take a crap in the mouth of sarah palin; or ridiculing Black adopted babies

libs are the most laughable silly hypocrite beyotches around!

lol

Glen Beck said it so it must be true
or so goes the leftard

I love it when you idiots use the words of people you despise and call liars to "prove" a point that fits your narrative

what morons

Forum List

Back