FOX is # 1

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news, as well as political and business news. The number one network in cable, FNC has been the most-watched television news channel for 18 consecutive years.

According to a 2020 Brand Keys Consumer Loyalty Engagement Index report, FOX News is the top brand in the country for morning and evening news coverage. A 2019 Suffolk University poll named FOX News as the most trusted source for television news or commentary, while a 2019 Brand Keys Emotion Engagement Analysis survey found that FOX News was the most trusted cable news brand.

A 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey also found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News was the top-cited outlet. Owned by FOX Corporation, FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.

Really? That’s surprising. We never watch it but than, we never watch any corporate propaganda.

FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news, as well as political and business news. The number one network in cable, FNC has been the most-watched television news channel for 18 consecutive years.

According to a 2020 Brand Keys Consumer Loyalty Engagement Index report, FOX News is the top brand in the country for morning and evening news coverage. A 2019 Suffolk University poll named FOX News as the most trusted source for television news or commentary, while a 2019 Brand Keys Emotion Engagement Analysis survey found that FOX News was the most trusted cable news brand.

A 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey also found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News was the top-cited outlet. Owned by FOX Corporation, FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.

Interesting but fox is also the least trusted cable network. People who watch fox have been shown to be less accurately informed than people who watch no news.

FOX average audience: 3.5 Million
FOX most popular pundit show: Hannity
Hannity average audience: 4.5 Million
FOX News with Brett Baier: 5.77 Million
ABC World News Tonight Average Audience: 12.4 Million

American population: 328 million

Source:

Last edited:
Thanks to the OP for the good news.

I watch a few minutes of "FOX & FRIENDS" with my breakfast. Then any other TV I watch would be reruns of "Friends" and "Everyone Loves Raymond."

I have read that Mr. Murdoch has acknowledged that Mr. Biden will win. I hope that Mr. Murdoch will allow FOX to become the Resistance to the Biden-Harris administration, just as MSNBC & CNN were the Resistance to the Trump-Pence administration.

Of course, I have not watched MSNBC & CNN for the last four years (I do miss "Morning Joe," for before the 2016 election, it was a fun program to watch).

y

Interesting but fox is also the least trusted cable network. People who watch fox have been shown to be less accurately informed than people who watch no news.
You've got some serious OPPOSITION to that.

1. 2019 Suffolk University poll named FOX News as the most trusted source for television news or commentary.

2. 2019 Brand Keys Emotion Engagement Analysis survey found that FOX News was the most trusted cable news brand.

3. 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey also found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News was the top-cited outlet

4. you provide no source for your claim about >> "People who watch fox have been shown to be less accurately informed than people who watch no news."

5. If you dislike Fox because of conservatism, you probably have the wrong network. Chris Wallace isn't the only liberal on Fox's payroll. Fox has many others, past & present (ex. Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Marie Harf, Tamara Holder, Adam Lashinsky,
Mara Liasson, Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Doug Schoen, Shepard Smith, John Stossel, Jessica Tarlov, etc)
if you want to demonize a real conservative TV network that would be >> Newsmax, the First, the Blaze, OAN Encore, America's Voice. All far less balanced than Fox.

No doubt about that.

You've got some serious OPPOSITION to that.

1. 2019 Suffolk University poll named FOX News as the most trusted source for television news or commentary.

2. 2019 Brand Keys Emotion Engagement Analysis survey found that FOX News was the most trusted cable news brand.

3. 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey also found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News was the top-cited outlet

4. you provide no source for your claim about >> "People who watch fox have been shown to be less accurately informed than people who watch no news."

5. If you dislike Fox because of conservatism, you probably have the wrong network. Chris Wallace isn't the only liberal on Fox's payroll. Fox has many others, past & present (ex. Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Marie Harf, Tamara Holder, Adam Lashinsky,
Mara Liasson, Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Doug Schoen, Shepard Smith, John Stossel, Jessica Tarlov, etc)
if you want to demonize a real conservative TV network that would be >> Newsmax, the First, the Blaze, OAN Encore, America's Voice. All far less balanced than Fox.
1603106138342.png

Source:
That is comparing a CABLE news network with an air antenna network. Anyone with a TV can get ABC, but only paid subscribers can get Fox. Invalid comparison. Apples & oranges.

Source:
That is comparing a CABLE news network with an air antenna network. Anyone with a TV can get ABC, but only paid subscribers can get Fox. Invalid comparison. Apples & oranges.
Just pointing out the facts.

And very few Americans still use "air antenna".

Source:

I agree with you. It was a fox viewer who started this dumb thread. Tell the OP his comparison is invalid.

Just pointing out the facts.

And very few Americans still use "air antenna".
"Still" isn't quite the right word. We might talk about how many Americans still use cable, now that it is being replaced by smart TV sets utilizing air antenna, which get just as many stations as cable, if not more.

As for cable, its subscribers have plumetted, as millions of people have advanced to smart TV watching without having to pay for it - except to buy the TV set.
(ex. SmartCast and Watch Free on Vizio TVs)

Currently, about 2/3 of adults over 30 have cable or satellite. Age 18-30 group have moved on to smart TV and 54% still have cable.

Last edited:
I agree with you. It was a fox viewer who started this dumb thread. Tell the OP his comparison is invalid.
I'm NOT a FOX viewer. Haven't watched it since 2017, when I got a smart TV. I don't believe in throwing money away. Do you ?

Also, I prefer to watch conservative TV, not the diluted kind like Fox is, with it's heavy load of liberals. I don't think you are quite ready for this thread.

Forum List

Back