Four of the 10 largest American companies are healthcare??????

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
D6sJ-Q5WsAAYBaE

UnitedHealth Group
McKesson
CVS Health
AmerisourceBergen

These companies are either healthcare or healthcare/pharmaceutical.

Pharmaceutical I understand because they make drugs and sell them at prices way too high. And Republicans like to keep HMOs and other healthcare organizations in the United States from buying drugs in bulk to keep the price up.

But the healthcare companies I just donā€™t get. Itā€™s not about the number of people they work with, itā€™s about how much of that money they skim off of healthcare policies that they get to pocket.

Remember, pharmaceutical companies employ lots of those scientists that Republicans think are over educated and not very smart.

But healthcare companies donā€™t employ doctors or nurses or hospitals or anything related. They only skim money off of policies they sell to people that need healthcare.

Rate Review & the 80/20 Rule

80/20 Rule
The 80/20 Rule generally requires insurance companies to spend at least 80% of the money they take in from premiums on health care costs and quality improvement activities. The other 20% can go to administrative, overhead, and marketing costs.

Insurance companies selling to large groups (usually more than 50 employees) must spend at least 85% of premiums on care and quality improvement.

If your insurance company doesnā€™t meet these requirements, youā€™ll get a rebate on part of the premium that you paid.

One of the reasons Republicans want to remove that restriction is so that money pours into the healthcare companies and they can give a lot more money to Republican politicians.

Healthcare companies are such a scam.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Democrats promote healthcare for all Americans and Republicans work to enrich healthcare companies. I donā€™t understand why Americans keep voting against their own self interest.

You put them there, deanie. These large corporations dominate their markets because of their ability to successfully lobby government, to control the regulatory regime that supposedly keeps them in check. Your solution: give them more power via an expanded regulatory regime.

You're stupid, and I don't hate people for being stupid. But you want to force your stupidity on others with legislation. That's another story. Piss off.

• Banned
Robert T. Burke founder of United health is a life long democrat
So what? Thereā€™s all kinds of blue dogs in the Democratic Party. Not that I know if he is or isnā€™t.

I donā€™t understand why Republicans always say but Democrats but Democrats but Democrats. Have they no morals or values of their own? And are their morals and values just looking for ways to screw over the American people?
How do the Republicans help the middle class?
Anyone?

Well duh. When Government heavily regulates an industry (i.e., ObabbleCare), the Big Government Corporate Cronies are going to get fat on the rent seeking.

So what? Thereā€™s all kinds of blue dogs in the Democratic Party. Not that I know if he is or isnā€™t.

I donā€™t understand why Republicans always say but Democrats but Democrats but Democrats. Have they no morals or values of their own? And are their morals and values just looking for ways to screw over the American people?
Anyone?

Lol... Why you mad?

• Banned
You put them there, deanie. These large corporations dominate their markets because of their ability to successfully lobby government, to control the regulatory regime that supposedly keeps them in check. Your solution: give them more power via an expanded regulatory regime.

You're stupid, and I don't hate people for being stupid. But you want to force your stupidity on others with legislation. That's another story. Piss off.
Listen you fuking stupid fuk, without the 20/80 rule how much would they actually spend on the people who are seeking care? Think about it dumdum. What the fuk is wrong with you? Without 20/80, it would be 80/20. 80% for the company and 20% for the people needing healthcare.

I donā€™t normally talk like that but Iā€™m just trying to speak in a language your kind can understand.

• Banned

Anyone?

Lol... Why you mad?
I donā€™t believe itā€™s mad supporting the majority of Americans. I actually think thatā€™s the moral and right thing to do.

• Banned
Well duh. When Government heavily regulates an industry (i.e., ObabbleCare), the Big Government Corporate Cronies are going to get fat on the rent seeking.
So you think 80% of the money going to the patients and 20% going to the corporations is a bad thing.

What percent do you think should go to the patients and what percent do you think do you think should go to the healthcare corporations?

I donā€™t understand these Republicans crying for less and promoting being ripped off. It makes no sense to me.

So you think 80% of the money going to the patients and 20% going to the corporations is a bad thing.

The companies on your list seem to like it well enough. Are you really not aware of the irony that the more you regulate these companies the richer they get? Ever think of trying something else?

What percent do you think should go to the patients and what percent do you think do you think should go to the healthcare corporations?

If you think that's how the math works, you are delusional.

D6sJ-Q5WsAAYBaE

UnitedHealth Group
McKesson
CVS Health
AmerisourceBergen

Pharmaceutical I understand because they make drugs and sell them at prices way too high. And Republicans like to keep HMOs and other healthcare organizations in the United States from buying drugs in bulk to keep the price up.

But the healthcare companies I just donā€™t get. Itā€™s not about the number of people they work with, itā€™s about how much of that money they skim off of healthcare policies that they get to pocket.

Remember, pharmaceutical companies employ lots of those scientists that Republicans think are over educated and not very smart.

But healthcare companies donā€™t employ doctors or nurses or hospitals or anything related. They only skim money off of policies they sell to people that need healthcare.

80/20 Rule
The 80/20 Rule generally requires insurance companies to spend at least 80% of the money they take in from premiums on health care costs and quality improvement activities. The other 20% can go to administrative, overhead, and marketing costs.

Insurance companies selling to large groups (usually more than 50 employees) must spend at least 85% of premiums on care and quality improvement.

If your insurance company doesnā€™t meet these requirements, youā€™ll get a rebate on part of the premium that you paid.

One of the reasons Republicans want to remove that restriction is so that money pours into the healthcare companies and they can give a lot more money to Republican politicians.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Democrats promote healthcare for all Americans and Republicans work to enrich healthcare companies. I donā€™t understand why Americans keep voting against their own self interest.

Your list is factually inaccurate. That list is of the companies that do the most revenue, not a list of top largest overall companies

Johnson and Johnson is the only health care company to crack the real top ten

D6sJ-Q5WsAAYBaE

UnitedHealth Group
McKesson
CVS Health
AmerisourceBergen

80/20 Rule

I hope lifesaving drugs are getting money! Thank god .. would you like them poor????

I donā€™t understand these Republicans crying for less and promoting being ripped off. It makes no sense to me.
Liar. Of course health insurance companies make huge profits when the Democrats pass a law that forces people to pay extortion money to them.

Forum List

Back