Former US Attorney says SCOTUS will overturn Trump Colorado decision 9-0. Guesses?

How will SCOTUS rule on the Trump Colorado decision

• 9-0

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • 8-1

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 7-2

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Burrowing%20Owl%20SERIOUSLY-S.jpg
indeed, no, the Constitution says nothing about a conviction of crime to deter people from strongarming their way into power.

Only Congress can declare an Insurrection? I was not aware. Where does it say that? Serious question.
Declare was the wrong word. DETERMINE GUILT might be better.

Someone else posted the section from the Constitution that stated that. I don’t feel like looking through 340 posts to find it, but perhaps he’ll be along to repeat it.

Hard to say. Barrett and Kavanaugh might side with the 2 Progressive AA picks
Jackson is more likely to make it 9-0 than either Barrett or Kavanaugh voting to deprive a candidate of his rights to due process or disenfranchise millioms of Colorado voters.

The Constitution is perfectly clear on this issue, so if you want someone to decide, that would be SCOTUS.

Let me get this straight. Any questions about eligibility are only to be dealt with by the Supreme Court. No other court. Ok. Where is that in the Constitution?

Jackson is more likely to make it 9-0 than either Barrett or Kavanaugh voting to deprive a candidate of his rights to due process or disenfranchise millioms of Colorado voters.

So in my scenario where there is a 30 year old naturalized citizen running for president that should be determined by the voters?

So in my scenario where there is a 30 year old naturalized citizen running for president that should be determined by the voters?
Oye.

Could someone else answer this lib? I’m tired of banging my head against the wall.

Let me get this straight. Any questions about eligibility are only to be dealt with by the Supreme Court. No other court. Ok. Where is that in the Constitution?
The SCOTUS has the right to interpret the Constitution at the highest level. Don't like it? Sucks to be you! That is why there are no courts above it, i.e. the SUPREME Court.

Oye.

Could someone else answer this lib? I’m tired of banging my head against the wall.
The question decided by the Colorado Supreme Court was a simple one. Is Trump eligible to run for President.

Five days of testimony where Trumps Lawyers got to introduce evidence and question witnesses. That is how this all started.

Due process is specifically mentioned as this. You may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.

Trump is not sentenced to death by this decision. He is not thrown in prison. Nor has he had property or money taken away.

So the question before the court was, and is, is Trump eligible by the Constitution to become President.

It isn’t a right to be President. It is an honor. It isn’t a right to serve, it is an honor. We are not honored to have them serve us, they should be honored to serve.

That is how the Founders saw it. The honor is to serve. For insurrectionists, they were denied the honor of further service.

The question decided by the Colorado Supreme Court was a simple one. Is Trump eligible to run for President.

Five days of testimony where Trumps Lawyers got to introduce evidence and question witnesses. That is how this all started.

Due process is specifically mentioned as this. You may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.

Trump is not sentenced to death by this decision. He is not thrown in prison. Nor has he had property or money taken away.

So the question before the court was, and is, is Trump eligible by the Constitution to become President.

It isn’t a right to be President. It is an honor. It isn’t a right to serve, it is an honor. We are not honored to have them serve us, they should be honored to serve.

That is how the Founders saw it. The honor is to serve. For insurrectionists, they were denied the honor of further service.

That is not true, as many were pardoned after the Civil War. We haven't had an insurrection since then, and Trump did not fight for the Confederacy like Biden did.

The SCOTUS has the right to interpret the Constitution at the highest level. Don't like it? Sucks to be you! That is why there are no courts above it, i.e. the SUPREME Court.

The Constitution is very clear on the qualifications. No one is allowed to run under those circumstances and any court could rule as such, pending any appeals by those who support this fruitless issue.

I don’t get it. Any court could determine the fact that my 30 year old naturalized citizen is not eligible. But no court may say that Trump is ineligible.

There is some hypocrisy here or a blatant double standard.

Neil Gorsuch said that Colorado was acting properly in removing someone who was ineligible from the ballot.
Yeah, like a 30-year-old. Cut and dried fact.

NOT someone who a few people think committed an insurrection when he has never even been charged with that.

Forum List

Back