Former Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Calls to Abolish Department of Education

You are fucking retarded.
REDUCING the size of a central govt is the OPPOSITE of fascism.
I said nothing about reducing the size of government. It could be either. I've quoted an analysis of Mussolini's regime. You may be interested in learning about fascism and how it flows from out of a corrupt democracy.

Her remarks serve as a metaphor for the way Repubs approach governance. Appoint incompetent people (like Betsy) who proceed to act incompetently, no surprise, and then blame government (a reductive term for the people who staff it) for failing to achieve its goals.

Can you explain exactly what the Department of Education has done in its 40 year existence to improve education this country, particularly considering education results have declined during that period?

Yes. That's pretty well the definition of fascism. Government that has been elected by the people is taken over by fascist leaders posing as government. And then there will be no more legitimate elections as fascists gain control over the democratic process at the ballot box.

That which Trump is attempting to do by declaring the election stolen.

And look at how much traction he can get in a very unsatisfied electorate!

To start the ball rolling Trump put incompetent Betsy Davos in charge.

That's pretty well the definition of fascism.

Yeah, no. Huh uh. It was just bland confirmation for promoting the legitimacy of ''corporativismo.'' The collective.

Here. Learn. It's three minutes. And likely the most informative, most relevant three minutes you'll see on this board all month...

Last edited:
God forbid that she should know ANYTHING about the school system or how it works. We can’t be hiring competent people to make things better, when the goal is to make public education so bad that the public will demand it be dismantled.

Republicans don’t want to fund education for poor people. They want parents to pay for their children’s education, not the state. Their goal is to fuck up the system so thoroughly that people will cheer when they end it.

Public education and a well educated work force built your nation. Ending it will be the final nail in your coffin.
What does she need to know other than that the U.S. education system is a disaster and that everything the Dept of Education does is a disaster?

Yeah, no. Huh uh.

Here. Learn. It's three minutes. And likely the most informative three minutes you'll see on this board all month...

That sounds like the idea behind the Department of Education, and most government, for that matter.

Don't let the facts bitchslap you, Okay, darling?

Our schools are not teaching the students how to think, but what to think.
Our numbers have declined with education since the government took over
the system from the states.
sad

Change the word "our" to "some" and you would be correct. There are literally thousands of school systems that do not do this.

Also, the government has NOT taken over the system from the states.

It is sad that you think it has.

Her remarks serve as a metaphor for the way Repubs approach governance. Appoint incompetent people (like Betsy) who proceed to act incompetently, no surprise, and then blame government (a reductive term for the people who staff it) for failing to achieve its goals.
What did she do that was incompetent?

I said nothing about reducing the size of government. It could be either. I've quoted an analysis of Mussolini's regime. You may be interested in learning about fascism and how it flows from out of a corrupt democracy.
No it can't. You can't have fascism without a huge government.

They all do it.

What is the purpose of the Dept of Education then?
Bullshit!

Their original actions were to ensure states were educating all students equally. You should look at the states of Mississippi, Arkansas or Louisiana before the ED was created. Racial discrimination ran black schools into the ground with no funding, unqualified teachers, and no expectations for success.

Ever hear of Title I?

No it can't. You can't have fascism without a huge government.
Leaders in government could be reduced in order to ensure no interference with the fascist agenda.
Or there could be an increase in leaders who are totally indoctrinated.

The Scotus is an example in which there is no need for either expanding or subtracting. It is already secured under fascist control.

Bullshit!

Their original actions were to ensure states were educating all students equally. You should look at the states of Mississippi, Arkansas or Louisiana before the ED was created. Racial discrimination ran black schools into the ground with no funding, unqualified teachers, and no expectations for success.

Ever hear of Title I?
Yes, we know the lies they told when they created it. How did the Dept of Education end racial discrimination? I thought it was the DOJ that did that.

You call yourself a conservative, but you consistently post on the left side of the spectrum.

Yes, we know the lies they told when they created it. How did the Dept of Education end racial discrimination? I thought it was the DOJ that did that.

You call yourself a conservative, but you consistently post on the left side of the spectrum.
Under Title I, the federal government provided funding not being given by the state to school districts in need. Today, it mostly has to do with being poor, not being black. I taught in two different Title I middle schools in my career. Both were in my home state of Kentucky. One was predominantly white and the other predominantly black.

No, I do not post on the left side of the spectrum. You are just too ignorant to realize that I am talking about the education system that does not abide by the "woke" narrative of progressivism.

Forum List

Back