Former FBI boss warns prosecutor might see Trump search warrant tossed out entirely

Right. So if somebody steals the radio out of my car and they find it in Tennessee, the FBI handles it from there?

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're just making excuses for their Nazi tactics is all.
If they took it to Tennessee specifically to sell, federal law says they could.

Again, it’s a Nazi tactic to prosecute people committed crimes to you. There is a huge gap between your rhetoric and your accusation.

I don’t know why you think there’s body cam footage. I doubt there is.
Because the FBI knows that its credibility has taken a hit from all the lies and falsified documents they have been guilty of in their pursuit of Trump. So they would definitely want to have that body cam footage in case they are accused of bringing documents in before pretending to find them there. Imagine the look on the Trumpers' faces when they see that body cam footage!

I betcha cain't wait for that, right?

The FBI took custody of the material. They catalogued all of it. They would be willing to say under oath before a jury that these are the items they recovered.
Like the affiants for the FISA warrants were under oath?
If Trump’s defense is that they planted all the evidence, he’s welcome to try, but I doubt he’d try such a futile strategy.
Probably not, with so many other irrefutable defenses he has.
You draw the wrong conclusion about how they described the documents in the search warrant. There’s alternative explanations which are far more likely that you are ignoring. Specifically, they worded it that way to take away a potential Trump defense.
So, they are really out to get him?

If they took it to Tennessee specifically to sell, federal law says they could.

Again, it’s a Nazi tactic to prosecute people committed crimes to you. There is a huge gap between your rhetoric and your accusation.

The first letter in FBI is FEDERAL. Petty theft is not federal whether it happens in your state or something found in another state. Dementia used our federal agencies to track down this diary.

The warrant says they can take items inside the containers in which classified documents are held. That’s appropriate given what I just said about items in the boxes being evidence tying the documents to Trump’s person.

I read the constitution. You need to think rationally about how to prove a criminal case because you’re trying to knee cap law enforcement just to protect Trump for no reason.

According to the justice department, charging Clinton would have been unprecedented. She wasn’t treated differently.
And Executing a search warrant on former president Trump's estate isn't unprecedented?

Dude, I got this killer toll bridge you can buy..

And Executing a search warrant on former president Trump's estate isn't unprecedented?

A president stealing presidential records and classified documents is unprecedented.

Think about it. That's over 11,000 counts of theft of government records.

A president stealing presidential records and classified documents is unprecedented.

STFU subject. This does not concern you. You better worry about hatespeech laws and why you can't have a gun in your own country. Furthermore, the president did presidential business at his Palm Beach estate so naturally there would be some remnants of that around. (To state the obvious to retards)
It's not like Secret Service weren't guarding it. :rolleyes-41:

I don't know if you mean that literally. Actually I don't know how many people know what "literally" means any more.

Every single president since Washington took documents out of the WH so that is not literally unprecedented.

Hillary stored tens of thousands of classified documents in her home in an secure location so that is not literally unprecedented.

I don't know if you mean that literally. Actually I don't know how many people know what "literally" means any more.

Every single president since Washington took documents out of the WH so that is not literally unprecedented.

Hillary stored tens of thousands of classified documents in her home in an secure location so that is not literally unprecedented.
Hillary didn't have the security clearance a president does, either.

Furthermore, the president did presidential business at his Palm Beach estate so naturally there would be some remnants of that around. (To state the obvious to retards)
It's not like Secret Service weren't guarding it. :rolleyes-41:
Actually the secret service weren't guarding the documents. No more than the secret service were guarding Hillarys' server.

And like any former employee fired from their job, they have to return company property.

Actually that practice stopped with Ronald Reagan, after the 1978 PRA made it illegal.

Since then the only documents an outgoing president took with them were their personal papers and belongings.

Actually that practice stopped with Ronald Reagan, after the 1978 PRA made it illegal.

Since then the only documents an outgoing president took with them were their personal papers and belongings.
Oh? So what happened in 1980 then?

The PRA gives the president the authority to declare items to be part of their personal records. Clinton used it to protect recordings he had in his sock drawer.

The PRA gives the president the authority to declare items to be part of their personal records. Clinton used it to protect recordings he had in his sock drawer.
The law also says the president has to make that determination "while in office"

Clinton used it to protect recordings he had in his sock drawer.
And those tapes, recordings of him with a reporter, were declared personal items.
while serving as president, Clinton frequently spoke with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Tylor Branch, resulting in several tapes that were perhaps to be used as part of a memoir or biography. At one point, however, those tapes were stored in a sock drawer.

The right-wing group, Judicial Watch, filed a lawsuit demanding the recordings be turned over. They ultimately lost the lawsuit with the federal court, with the decision saying that it was considered to be personal records not presidential.

1663082144190.png

And the law defines what qualifies as "personal records".

Official correspondence and classified documents aren't on the list.

WW

It’s as unprecedented as a president taking highly classified documents at the end of his term and refusing to give them back.

The first letter in FBI is FEDERAL. Petty theft is not federal whether it happens in your state or something found in another state. Dementia used our federal agencies to track down this diary.
You are completely out of your mind.

You admit it was a crime and call the people prosecuting the crime Nazis.

You are the problem with this country.

Because the FBI knows that its credibility has taken a hit from all the lies and falsified documents they have been guilty of in their pursuit of Trump. So they would definitely want to have that body cam footage in case they are accused of bringing documents in before pretending to find them there. Imagine the look on the Trumpers' faces when they see that body cam footage!

I betcha cain't wait for that, right?

Like the affiants for the FISA warrants were under oath?

Probably not, with so many other irrefutable defenses he has.

So, they are really out to get him?
Maybe you need bodycam footage (which I doubt exists) but a rational and unbiased person wouldn’t. Besides, Trump is basically admitting the documents were there both on social media and his responses to DoJ filings.

The DoJ wants nothing more than making sure our national security is protected by preventing highly classified information from reaching the wrong hands.

Forum List

Back