Former FBI boss warns prosecutor might see Trump search warrant tossed out entirely

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Indeed, the warrant violated the Fourth Amendment. And so much more is wrong here as well.

The FBI warrant to search former President Trump's home in Mar-a-Lago may be thrown out entirely in court, according to former FBI boss Kevin Brock.
"I think the government would be concerned as well, because there's concern that the the search warrant itself was overly broad from the get-go," Kevin Brock said on "Just the News, Not Noise" Tuesday evening. "Because the scope that they were looking for was every single document generated during the Trump administration — that just seems too inexcusably overbroad. Now there's indications that they (the FBI) collected much more than they were authorized to collect."
Brock said that he believes that the search warrant could be suppressed entirely.
"If I'm a prosecutor, I am concerned going forward that this search warrant could be suppressed and for those types of reasons, and they would lose access to anything that was collected throughout the search as a fruit of the poisonous tree," Brock continued. "So I think that's got to be in the back of their minds."
Brock also criticized how the FBI raided Trump's home and how usually when the FBI does investigations, they try to take the least intrusive route possible at first.
"You go into a home, you set up a system where those things that you seize are assiduously documented," said Brock, explaining how FBI searches typically work. "They're given a specific tracking number, a barcode and each piece is gone through meticulously before you leave the premises to make sure that it's within the scope of the document."
"And that's only part one," he continued. "Part two is the warrant is not to be overly broad as to what parts of the residence can be searched. You can only search those things where it's reasonably expected you would find the type of evidence that you are looking for."

Last edited:
it reminds me of these guys
keystonecopsgarlandfibaaljaldjald.gif

FBI boss warns prosecutor might see Trump search warrant tossed out​

Kinda moot now anyway. The time to have tossed it out was BEFORE the raid was authorized! Not a month after the fact.

It might hinder some of their actions but the harm is long done, the sanctity of their home and property violated, tons more negative media propaganda issued to keep trying to sway popular opinion of voters, and more to the point, they took all kinds of stuff far outside the purview of their warrant to abscond with loads of private, personal property and information they will use to harm Trump with, most of all, taking all of the Crossfire Hurricane records there to protect Obama, Biden and a whole host of others from being exposed for their crimes.

Trump needs to sue the fed for about a BILLION dollars.

Indeed, the warrant violated the Fourth Amendment. And so much more is wrong here as well.

"I think the government would be concerned as well, because there's concern that the the search warrant itself was overly broad from the get-go," Kevin Brock said on "Just the News, Not Noise" Tuesday evening. "Because the scope that they were looking for was every single document generated during the Trump administration — that just seems too inexcusably overbroad. Now there's indications that they (the FBI) collected much more than they were authorized to collect."
Dude. The fact that Trump stole documents covering the four years of his administration is why they got a search warrant covering 4 years worth of documents.

Kinda moot now anyway. The time to have tossed it out was BEFORE the raid was authorized! Not a month after the fact.

It might hinder some of their actions but the harm is long done, the sanctity of their home and property violated, tons more negative media propaganda issued to keep trying to sway popular opinion of voters, and more to the point, they took all kinds of stuff far outside the purview of their warrant to abscond with loads of private, personal property and information they will use to harm Trump with, most of all, taking all of the Crossfire Hurricane records there to protect Obama, Biden and a whole host of others from being exposed for their crimes.

Trump needs to sue the fed for about a BILLION dollars.

Not how it works.

First, they needed the special master, which in spite of the idiot talking heads is not at all unusual.

The next step after the special master when chosen finishes their work will be a move to quash the warrant as overly broad and a violation of the Fourth Amendment.

Not how it works.

First, they needed the special master, which in spite of the idiot talking heads is not at all unusual.

The next step after the special master when chosen finishes their work will be a move to quash the warrant as overly broad and a violation of the Fourth Amendment.
Not exactly. It would be a motion to suppress and possibly a Franks hearing. But the problem is that these only become options AFTER the subject of the search warrant has been formally charged with any alleged crimes (related to the seized “evidence).

Before that, the best he can do is ask for a hearing for the return of the evidence. Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 41(g).

Not exactly. It would be a motion to suppress and possibly a Franks hearing. But the problem is that these only become options AFTER the subject of the search warrant has been formally charged with any alleged crimes (related to the seized “evidence).

Before that, the best he can do is ask for a hearing for the return of the evidence. Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 41(g).
41(g) only applies to the property of the subject of the warrant. Any classified or presidential records are not subject to 41(g).

Not how it works. The next step after the special master when chosen finishes their work will be a move to quash the warrant as overly broad and a violation of the Fourth Amendment.

Hmm. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how quashing the warrant at this point will undo all the harm already done of having his house totally torn apart, lies spread that he stole nuclear secrets and all kinds of unauthorized personal effects stolen. What is to stop the fed from simply copying or even just READING all that private stuff between Trump and his attorneys?

The FBI warrant to search former President Trump's home in Mar-a-Lago may be thrown out entirely in court, according to former FBI boss Kevin Brock.
Brock said that he believes that the search warrant could be suppressed entirely.
"If I'm a prosecutor, I am concerned going forward that this search warrant could be suppressed and for those types of reasons, and they would lose access to anything that was collected throughout the search as a fruit of the poisonous tree," Brock continued. "So I think that's got to be in the back of their minds."
Brock also criticized how the FBI raided Trump's home and how usually when the FBI does investigations, they try to take the least intrusive route possible at first.
"You go into a home, you set up a system where those things that you seize are assiduously documented," said Brock, explaining how FBI searches typically work. "They're given a specific tracking number, a barcode and each piece is gone through meticulously before you leave the premises to make sure that it's within the scope of the document."
"And that's only part one," he continued. "Part two is the warrant is not to be overly broad as to what parts of the residence can be searched. You can only search those things where it's reasonably expected you would find the type of evidence that you are looking for."

it’s obvious this was done to intimidate trump and threaten his family to keep him from potentially running.

It was always simply political

Hmm. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how quashing the warrant at this point will undo all the harm already done of having his house totally torn apart, lies spread that he stole nuclear secrets and all kinds of unauthorized personal effects stolen. What is to stop the fed from simply copying or even just READING all that private stuff between Trump and his attorneys?

There was no opportunity to have the warrant quashed prior to the raid. Getting a search warrant is done ex parte. There is also a normal progression after the fact.

It doesn't matter. They know they have no case. The whole thing was to stir up democrats.
And intimidate Republicans.

I happen not to be a Republican.

BUT, I'll stand up for them, the same way I stood up for blacks who were being abused and Asians who were put in concentration camps.

Today's progtards are evil scum, and I'll do everything I can to help take them down

They have a bunch of Stalinist pigs running their party, and not only don't the rabble care but THEY ACTUALLY LIKE IT.

These are dangerous times. They call for risky measures.

He's totally correct. The Forth Amendment requires the warrant specifies what is to be searched and what is allowed to be taken. Malenia's bras were not in the warrant, nor was Trump's passports, tax filings, personal notes or confidential attorney/ client paperwork. If there is any justice, it will be thrown out of court and all items returned to Trump.

I hate to say it, but this looks like an argument from authority fallacy.

This government is effectively lawless and Obama is partying it up tonight in The White House.

And intimidate Republicans.

I happen not to be a Republican.

BUT, I'll stand up for them, the same way I stood up for blacks who were being abused and Asians who were put in concentration camps.

Today's progtards are evil scum, and I'll do everything I can to help take them down

They have a bunch of Stalinist pigs running their party, and not only don't the rabble care but THEY ACTUALLY LIKE IT.

These are dangerous times. They call for risky measures.
See how the midterms go before anything risky.

He's totally correct. The Forth Amendment requires the warrant specifies what is to be searched and what is allowed to be taken. Malenia's bras were not in the warrant, nor was Trump's passports, tax filings, personal notes or confidential attorney/ client paperwork. If there is any justice, it will be thrown out of court and all items returned to Trump.
Doesn't matter one little bit. There are no rules when it comes to getting Trump. Will someone in the FBI get fired, lose their pension? Will anyone be held accountable? Hell no they won't. But will private attorney , client privileges be Leaked and spread far and wide by the manure spreader media? Of course it will, and the words " nuclear secrets" be seen a million times even though nobody knows what documents Trump even has or who put them there. Corruption and colluding with democrats is what the FBI and DOJ are into . And zero consequences to date for all the illegal stunts they have pulled. America is fucked, thanks democrats!

Not how it works.

But the damage has already been done - the FBI, under Biden’s order, stole the Operation Hurricane documents revealing the extent to which the Dems sunk to oust a duly elected Republican president.

But the damage has already been done - the FBI, under Biden’s order, stole the Operation Hurricane documents revealing the extent to which the Dems sunk to oust a duly elected Republican president.

If the court orders all items returned and the FBI doesn't return those items, they will be held accountable.

Forum List

Back