Former Democrat Fed Secretary Sounds the Alarm on Inflation

DBA

Diamond Member
May 10, 2015
Not if just a few more Democrats would stop trying to be “cool” and follow the trends of the “woke” crowd, we may actually be able to save our country. I won’t hold my breath.

“We have a generation of central bankers who are defining themselves by their wokeness,” said Mr. Summers, now a professor at Harvard University. “They’re defining themselves by how socially concerned they are. We’re in more danger than we’ve been during my career of losing control of inflation in the U.S.”

Yellen, who thinks Summers is wrong, is nothing more than a partisan, moron hack.

‘Woke’ Federal Reserve in danger of losing control of inflation, economists warn

Not if just a few more Democrats would stop trying to be “cool” and follow the trends of the “woke” crowd, we may actually be able to save our country. I won’t hold my breath.

Frankly I don't think the moderate democrats (ok, less crazy) have the balls to buck the trend and the bullies in their own party. I read where both Manchin and Sinema are from states where the Far Left agenda and all that spending is unpopular. You would think at least a few others are too but they don't act like it.

Frankly I don't think the moderate democrats (ok, less crazy) have the balls to buck the trend and the bullies in their own party. I read where both Manchin and Sinema are from states where the Far Left agenda and all that spending is unpopular. You would think at least a few others are too but they don't act like it.

Yeah I don't think moderate Democrats have the guts either. What I completely fail to understand however is why some independents support this administration. Aside from social issues(gay rights, abortion, etc.), which are more about personal opinion and choices rather than hard facts, I fail to understand how any working person who wants to see the US succeed can't see the massive, long term damage to our economy, foreign policy and national security that is being done by this administration's policies.

Omitting the ignorant and less intelligent Democrats and Independents from the discussion, the only answer I see is that Democrats and many Independents are sentimental idealists as opposed to pragmatic realists. They are one-two issue voters and those issues are typically social issues. They would vote for a Hitler/Stalin ticket if they claimed to be on the same side of the social issue(s) that gets their goat.

So now the people who supported tariffs are worried about inflation? Too funny.

New Topics

Forum List

Back