Forgotten infstructure

"All the cannons on US Army armored vehicles come from a single aging facility, Watervliet Arsenal in New York — which was built in 1813."

That's pretty funny, what does the author of this piece think the foundation date of this facility has to do with anything? I wonder if he believes it still has gas lamps as lighting and produced weapons using wood fires under huge vats of iron.

1000x667_q95.jpg

Like hyperbole much ...obviously if that was the state of things they couldn't produce modern equipment......it's more about the bottle necks and outright lack of capability in other areas.

Like missing the point much... it's just funny he's framing the fact it was built in 1813 as a factor here. Clearly the facility in that picture producing cannons wasn't built in 1813.

Hah hah distract from what?

Let me guess.... you think someone thinks your regurgitation of a defense blog post with no meaningful insight added by you, a thread which was so interesting it sat in here for 12 hours without a reply, was some hot button critical issue that mobilized others to attempt to distract from it? Sorry if I disrupted the massive amount of discussion going on in here, I hope I didn't step on one of the crickets that were chirping.

It's still funny about the 1813 thing though, sorry if that makes you butt-hurt about your source.

Forum List

Back