For what this is worth, I am really going to miss Aunt Jemima

She was my favorite Aunt. Always had a smile and brought much joy as a child. A pox on those who have removed her!

istockphoto-136698178-612x612.jpg

I wonder what she will be replaced with? What if it's a blue eyed devil white male and they call it "Big Boss Syrup" or something? There will be another riot from people who didn't even know the first lady, nor her replacement.

sorry she was a flesh and blood women,, the syrup is justt a plus,,,
Her name brand has been bought and sold for many, many years. Blame PepsiCo inc for the change....Multi-conglomerate corporations don't give a damn about what you people think they know your sugar addicted asses will keep on buying their crap no matter what name is put on the logo...

I wonder what she will be replaced with? What if it's a blue eyed devil white male and they call it "Big Boss Syrup" or something? There will be another riot from people who didn't even know the first lady, nor her replacement.
Wow, you really are an advert addict. I am jonesing for the flavah of a Pringle..(God those are awful)...

Her name brand has been bought and sold for many, many years. Blame PersiCo inc for the change....Multi-conglomerate corporations don't give a damn about what you people think they know your sugar addicted asses will keep on buying their crap no matter what name is put on the logo...

I hope they just put the truth on it so nobody can complain. A bunch of glucose squares and obese kids with damaged teeth. Call it "This is syrup and we're keeping it real".

Her name brand has been bought and sold for many, many years. Blame PersiCo inc for the change....Multi-conglomerate corporations don't give a damn about what you people think they know your sugar addicted asses will keep on buying their crap no matter what name is put on the logo...
they didnt cancel the corporation they canceled her because she was black,,,

and for your info I'm a natural maple fan and have never bought hers,,,

You ,miss having fake simulated maple syrup?
I know, right?

I just keep picturing the La Tourneau University "grad" sitting in the branding office at General Mills or whomever makes that syrup...

You go to work at your job one day and you're doing what you always do....slight change of a font here....intensify the color of the label there...perhaps tweak the size of the bottle here, offer a whopping 33% more there....and you see the George Floyd incident and think...."Wow, that sucks for him. I hope the cop gets crucified."

Then the protests start and you worry about what it means etc... Then one day you come to work and your supervisor comes in and tells you, "The boss wants to have a meeting upstairs." You get up and go to the meeting and the Exec VP tells you that we're going to change the name of this legacy brand of syrup (likely one of the oldest brands the corporation has). YOU (Ms. La Tourneau Grad) have to come up with a new name, a new logo, and, oh year, the entire world will be watching what you come up with. No pressure.

In truth, they will probably hire some outside ad firm that employs zero black people in leadership positions to come up with a generic sounding syrup and logo but it would be cool if they handled it in-house just to see what the communter U grad could come up with.

I know, right?

I just keep picturing the La Tourneau University "grad" sitting in the branding office at General Mills or whomever makes that syrup...

You go to work at your job one day and you're doing what you always do....slight change of a font here....intensify the color of the label there...perhaps tweak the size of the bottle here, offer a whopping 33% more there....and you see the George Floyd incident and think...."Wow, that sucks for him. I hope the cop gets crucified."

Then the protests start and you worry about what it means etc... Then one day you come to work and your supervisor comes in and tells you, "The boss wants to have a meeting upstairs." You get up and go to the meeting and the Exec VP tells you that we're going to change the name of this legacy brand of syrup (likely one of the oldest brands the corporation has). YOU (Ms. La Tourneau Grad) have to come up with a new name, a new logo, and, oh year, the entire world will be watching what you come up with. No pressure.

In truth, they will probably hire some outside ad firm that employs zero black people in leadership positions to come up with a generic sounding syrup and logo but it would be cool if they handled it in-house just to see what the communter U grad could come up with.
Corporate empathy has about as much traction as turd sliding down the sewer line.

Forum List

Back