Been Seeing A Lot Of Car Shield Ads? Anyone Annoyed By Them? Your Car Is Going To Die Sooner Or Later! Yah, Right.

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
Any normal person who watches TV alot, can't escape these Car Shield ads. You have to wonder, if they are such a great! wonderful, so very trustworthy Car insurance company, then why do they need to advertize? and the nerve! to tell all of us that sooner or later, your car is going to die! therefore you may wanna buy one of our insurance policies!, I did a similar thread to this one regarding car shield. the repsonses were great! I, at least feel very insulted when I am told that my car is gonna break down or just drop dead one of these days! Oh really? how would they know! did Miss Cleo tell them? I am sure there are many of us here still driving cars that they purchased 5 to 10 years ago, many already surpassing 100K miles and these cars are working just fine! Right? so why do we need to buy auto repair insurance?

Any normal person who watches TV alot, can't escape these Car Shield ads. You have to wonder, if they are such a great! wonderful, so very trustworthy Car insurance company, then why do they need to advertize? and the nerve! to tell all of us that sooner or later, your car is going to die! therefore you may wanna buy one of our insurance policies!, I did a similar thread to this one regarding car shield. the repsonses were great! I, at least feel very insulted when I am told that my car is gonna break down or just drop dead one of these days! Oh really? how would they know! did Miss Cleo tell them? I am sure there are many of us here still driving cars that they purchased 5 to 10 years ago, many already surpassing 100K miles and these cars are working just fine! Right? so why do we need to buy auto repair insurance?
i really doubt any of those celebs need it....the cars they buy and drive have factory warranties....

I have purchased the dealer warranty when buying a used vehicle, but would never purchase one of those types of warranties. On my own after it runs out. But I take pretty good care of my vehicles and can do a lot of the brake and suspension, coolant system crap.
I had a complimentary dealer lifetime powertrain on the Jeep I used to own, and they actually covered an $11,000 engine replacement at 150,000 miles. But those expire when repairs exceed the current market value.

You don't need to. Most normal people would be better off having put that money in the bank. Their plans start at like 100 bucks a month and can run up to a couple grand.

I always distrust companies that go overboard with the advertising.
How much extra are you charging for the repetitive airplay?
They strike me as the Better Call Saul of the insurance industry.

How is this a current event?

I can't even tell if this serious or not. Because it's either some thick ass sarcasm, or just the ranting of a complete retard.

You don't need to. Most normal people would be better off having put that money in the bank. Their plans start at like 100 bucks a month and can run up to a couple grand.
most of us have a regular mechanic and/or just bring it to the same place,places for repair. and isnt most of general repair/maintenance just changing all your fluids? did they ever bring that up in the annoying car shield ads?

most of us have a regular mechanic and/or just bring it to the same place,places for repair. and isnt most of general repair/maintenance just changing all your fluids? did they ever bring that up in the annoying car shield ads?

IDK I dvr everything and FF through the commercials. I do know I registered a new to me ride for one of the kiddies a few weeks back and I started getting all that warranty crap in the mail for it within a couple days so DMV or State Farm is selling that info to them because those were the only two places that knew I had it because I bought it from a person.

i cant believe what that guy said in a commercial ad "I Think Everyone Should Have Car Shield"...oh, so does that mean that 150 million drivers will keep forgetting to change their oil?

i cant believe what that guy said in a commercial ad "I Think Everyone Should Have Car Shield"...oh, so does that mean that 150 million drivers will keep forgetting to change their oil?
A lot of people, too many actually, max out their budget every month and therefore something like this may be of some psychological/economic comfort. These types are not especially financially responsible to begin with so they are right up Car Shields alley I suppose. Really a lot of what they cover would already be covered by the warranty in a new car and some used cars come with some degree of warranty if bought from a dealership so CS' risk on the most expensive problems may already be covered. Some of their plans come with free towing which may be of benefit to people who do a lot of miles or have kids away at school because its cost could be partially offset by dropping AAA coverage.

Anyway, I wouldn't do it, but maybe someone else sees it worth it to them. I think it is as silly as buying the insurance at the check out for crap you will just toss if it breaks and buy a new one.

The bothersome thing about those ads, to me, is that everything they say is literally true. "You will never have to pay for a covered repair again." Right. But what repairs are "covered"? Things that wear out are not covered. Things that are broken in an "incident" are not covered. Normal maintenance items are not covered. Damage caused by a lack of [documented] maintenance is not covered. What's left?

Bottom line: almost nothing that breaks is covered, unless you are one of the rare birds who has an engine or transmission crap out after having been maintained properly. And the chances of that happening are slim; you are much better off "self-insuring" that risk.

Don't buy it if you don't want to.

Forum List

Back