For the first time, more than 90% of Americans have health insurance

we are no where close to universal coverage you ignorant twat of a human being. LOL I would be embarrassed to be that fucking programmed and to ignorant to even know it.

Of course I never said we were, but that we are much closer now. So you are probably just lashing out because you can't dispute the facts introduced.

85% of Americans were covered before ACA, and then premiums were lower and it actually covered something.

And you have the stats to prove all of that, no doubt.
no google does, if you aren't lazy you can find it, if you can't we all know why

Because you've always had other people do your homework for you? You made the statement; it's incumbent upon you to back it up. If you can't, we all know why.

we are no where close to universal coverage you ignorant twat of a human being. LOL I would be embarrassed to be that fucking programmed and to ignorant to even know it.

Of course I never said we were, but that we are much closer now. So you are probably just lashing out because you can't dispute the facts introduced.

I am lashing out because working Americans like me had to give up great insurance with low or no deductibles and great coverage for this piece of shit we have so some community organizer can put his name on something. I am lashing out because idiots like you think it is a win when in REALITY (something you are without) it is one of the worst things for working America since NAFTA was passed.

85% of Americans were covered before ACA, and then premiums were lower and it actually covered something.

no google does, if you aren't lazy you can find it, if you can't we all know why

Because you've always had other people do your homework for you? You made the statement; it's incumbent upon you to back it up. If you can't, we all know why.

OOPS- I bet you feel like a fucking idiot now or is Obama a liar?

The president said that before the ACA was passed, 85 percent of Americans already had health insurance. (That’s about right.) He went on to say that they still got “a better deal” under the health care law.

Obama’s Health Care Boasts

And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

ObamaCare propels number of insured Americans above 90%

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

The report from the CDC is attached for anyone who's interested:

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

How many of us taxpayers paid for scofflaws who frequented ER's for decades before the PPACA went into effect? Your problem is ignorance + simplified thinking, if it is thinking. Many who needed immediate treatment let the condition fester causing the taxpayer even more money, are now able to get treatments early saving lives and dollars.

The only problem with that argument is that we are not saving any dollars.

We are saving lives. Which do you value more?

Who is we, and how are you going to prove that (believe me I hope it is true).

But the horsecrap of 47,000 a year dying because of a lack of insurance really created a bad taste for statistics in this argument. Nobody could produce the corpses even though by now they should have over 600,000 of them.

I am lashing out because working Americans like me had to give up great insurance with low or no deductibles and great coverage for this piece of shit we have so some community organizer can put his name on something. I am lashing out because idiots like you think it is a win when in REALITY (something you are without) it is one of the worst things for working America since NAFTA was passed.

Ok so you are mad and think that gives you the permit to make sht up. :bs1:

I'm not an idiot for going where the facts lead and no amount of your frothy politico ranting is going to convince me otherwise. Sorry.

I'm not an idiot for going where the facts lead and no amount of your frothy politico ranting is going to convince me otherwise. Sorry.

They say ignorant fools can't be taught, you are proof of that thesis

You are delusional. Just because you throw out some broad unsupported nonsense based on obvious political bend doesn't mean you have something to teach anyone.

Your original claims got smashed into little pieces with no retort from you, so now you down to some grandstanding about "working Americans" as if you have any clue at all whats going on with all working Americans.

And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

ObamaCare propels number of insured Americans above 90%

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

The report from the CDC is attached for anyone who's interested:

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

How many of us taxpayers paid for scofflaws who frequented ER's for decades before the PPACA went into effect? Your problem is ignorance + simplified thinking, if it is thinking. Many who needed immediate treatment let the condition fester causing the taxpayer even more money, are now able to get treatments early saving lives and dollars.

But the horsecrap of 47,000 a year dying because of a lack of insurance really created a bad taste for statistics in this argument. Nobody could produce the corpses even though by now they should have over 600,000 of them.

I have no idea how many lives have been saved. What I do know is less medical care is being provided in ER's and more maladies are being treated early, which one may infer prevents some early deaths, and the greater cost to all of us when a disease is allowed to progress and insurance and the patient must pay more - those costs are paid by the taxpayer, and their tax dollars are then not used to fix roads, issue permits timely and provide necessary police and fire protections, etc.

The cost to local government is reduced when a patient is able to see a doctor outside of the public hospital whose operation is subsidized the the taxpayer.

I have no idea how many lives have been saved. What I do know is less medical care is being provided in ER's and more maladies are being treated early, which one may infer prevents some early deaths, and the greater cost to all of us when a disease is allowed to progress and insurance and the patient must pay more - those costs are paid by the taxpayer, and their tax dollars are then not used to fix roads, issue permits timely and provide necessary police and fire protections, etc.

The cost to local government is reduced when a patient is able to see a doctor outside of the public hospital whose operation is subsidized the the taxpayer.

That is a thought experiment. It is not proven out or had not recently.

Contrary to goals, ER visits rise under Obamacare

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

You are delusional. Just because you throw out some broad unsupported nonsense based on obvious political bend doesn't mean you have something to teach anyone.

Your original claims got smashed into little pieces with no retort from you, so now you down to some grandstanding about "working Americans" as if you have any clue at all whats going on with all working Americans.

And your link references your graph that says nothing about care.

It points to insurance levels

Insurance <> Care

What part of that can't your kindergarten mentor explain to you ?

Thanks for admitting you don't go where the fact lead.

The president said that before the ACA was passed, 85 percent of Americans already had health insurance. (That’s about right.) He went on to say that they still got “a better deal” under the health care law.

I agree with most (not all) of this.

What I don't get is how the useless Republican party isn't hi-liting the lies used to sell it.

Of course, what I don't get is how the GOP has no credible alternative.

It's only been six years. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

And your link references your graph that says nothing about care.

It points to insurance levels

Insurance <> Care

What part of that can't your kindergarten mentor explain to you ?

Amazing the stupid nonsense you say while talking down to someone.

Insurance is Insurance, Healthcare is Healthcare and the part you amazingly don't seem to understand is that the first pays for the second - DUH?

Having insurance (with smallest exceptions perhaps) means being able to deal with often expensive healthcare. This is ESPECIALLY true under Obamacare's standards for coverage.

Yes silly, that's a good thing.

I feel vindicated in persuading you to do your own research from now on. But make sure you include this part:

"That 85 percent who had health insurance, they may not know that they got a better deal now than they did, but they do. Americans can no longer be denied coverage because of preexisting conditions, from you having had cancer to you having had a baby. Women can’t be charged more just for being a woman. And they get free preventive services, like mammograms. And there are no more annual or lifetime caps on the care patients receive."

Why do you think this^ is a bad thing? Or were you just so dazzled by "Huh-huh, he said 85%"?

The OP misrepresents the situation. Health insurance is NOT health care. What we have in place now, due to ObamaCare and other federal government meddling, is grossly expensive insurance with high deductibles and co-pays. It's is actually a deterrent for lower income people to seek health care due to these aspects.

The OP misrepresents the situation. Health insurance is NOT health care.

Which is why the title of the OP is: "For the first time, more than 90% of Americans have health insurance."

Why you think health insurance which is basically unusable is a benefit says a great deal about you.

The OP misrepresents the situation. Health insurance is NOT health care.

Which is why the title of the OP is: "For the first time, more than 90% of Americans have health insurance."

Why you think health insurance which is basically unusable is a benefit says a great deal about you.

Mine's usable. Why isn't yours?

You are citing 90% of Americans having health insurance as a good thing. For many people, especially those buying individual policies, their policies are virtually unusable due to high deductibles and co-pays, and restrictive networks.

Your "I have mine so screw everyone else attitude" is rather disgusting.

Forum List

Back