For the first time, more than 90% of Americans have health insurance

And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

ObamaCare propels number of insured Americans above 90%

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

The report from the CDC is attached for anyone who's interested:
Great, now illegals have health insurance.
Now give me back the doctor I liked and my $3,000 a year savings that turned into a $4,000 increase.

So how soon will you be giving back your free polio immunizations?

When i dont collect a penny from Social Security or Medicare. When my kids don't get the shot. When my wife and I don't waste our kids time on public education, vaccinations, etc.....

Nice rant, but immaterial to the question asked. You did not contract polio because you, and every child in America regardless of social status has had access to free polio immunizations.

If you truly believe the nonsense you spout here, you should give them back. See, even you got "free stuff." You're not only a moocher, you feel entitled. Go to the CDC and demand that they infect you with polio. Just make sure you provide for your wife and children before you end up paralyzed and unable to breathe on your own. Or are you too selfish to do that much?

Nice rant, but immaterial to the question asked. You did not contract polio because you, and every child in America regardless of social status has had access to free polio immunizations.

If you truly believe the nonsense you spout here, you should give them back. See, even you got "free stuff." You're not only a moocher, you feel entitled. Go to the CDC and demand that they infect you with polio. Just make sure you provide for your wife and children before you end up paralyzed and unable to breathe on your own. Or are you too selfish to do that much?

I'm certain you're smart enough to comprehend why I responded as such. I had no choice in receiving that vaccine. Now my brother and his wife HAVE chosen not to subject their children to such things, or to the public/parochial school systems. My generation of my family has chosen to be less dependant on the Government than my parents were/are.

I would congratulate that smug dumbfuck on this but I can't. Too much fascism for me. Force is never an answer, just a fools party. AKA bandaid

85% of Americans were covered before ACA, and then premiums were lower and it actually covered something. ACA just lined the insurance company pockets while depleting ours.

mr.Dog, I hope you are better at doctoring then you are at (mis)informing about ACA, the trend in premiums, the coverage, and insurance company profits.

I am reporting actuals with actual people, not fictional programing from that stupid ass idiot in the white house. I bet if that stupid bastard had to use his own rules he would feel much differently.

85% of Americans were covered before ACA, and then premiums were lower and it actually covered something. ACA just lined the insurance company pockets while depleting ours.

mr.Dog, I hope you are better at doctoring then you are at (mis)informing about ACA, the trend in premiums, the coverage, and insurance company profits.

I am reporting actuals with actual people, not fictional programing from that stupid ass idiot in the white house. I bet if that stupid bastard had to use his own rules he would feel much differently.

No you are not, your assertions are somewhere between ignorance and lying.

1. The number was 84% in 2009 but along with continuing declining trend in the last decade by the time exchanges opened in 2014 the number was already 82% or 50+ million people - Which in context of first grade democracy is EMBARRASSING, considering that most have achieved universal or near universal coverage.

mbhfdwbveumyxo4mgkagcw.png

2. Premiums have always been higher than the year before, so you are not outright lying, but are severely MISLEADING. Again, the trend since Obamacare passed has been SLOWER premium growth.

kff-image-1.jpg

kff-chart.png

3. The standards set by Obamacare means MORE gets covered, not less as you claim.

4. Obamacare very specifically requires insurance companies to spend at least 90% of premiums on claims and that meant that consumers have actually received 9+ BILLION DOLLARS in rebate checks from insurance companies. It also sets up exchanges where consumers can compare plans on even terms, which means MORE COMPETITION. Finally, many insurance companies have been taking losses in exchanges.

So your claim that Obamacare is designed as some sort of money making scheme for insurance companies at our expense is pure BS.

And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

Excellent question.

That's unfortunate to hear.

It unfortunate for you to hear that now millions more Americans have health insurance?

And then you wander why conservatives get the a-hole rap.

I don't hear anyone say that about conservatives.

Except maybe you...and I figure it's a bad case of projection.

It would be great if everyone had useful insurance.

The fact is that we are still at $8,500 per person per year. Please tell me how you keep that and somehow think you can give the poor "affordable insurance".

The term Affordable Care Act has been a lie from the start.

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

How many of us taxpayers paid for scofflaws who frequented ER's for decades before the PPACA went into effect? Your problem is ignorance + simplified thinking, if it is thinking. Many who needed immediate treatment let the condition fester causing the taxpayer even more money, are now able to get treatments early saving lives and dollars.

No you are not, your assertions are somewhere between ignorance and lying.

1. The number was 84% in 2009 but along with continuing declining trend in the last decade by the time exchanges opened in 2014 the number was already 82% or 50+ million people - Which in context of first grade democracy is EMBARRASSING, considering that most have achieved universal or near universal coverage.

mbhfdwbveumyxo4mgkagcw.png

2. Premiums have always been higher than the year before, so you are not outright lying, but are severely MISLEADING. Again, the trend since Obamacare passed has been SLOWER premium growth.

kff-image-1.jpg

kff-chart.png

3. The standards set by Obamacare means MORE gets covered, not less as you claim.

4. Obamacare very specifically requires insurance companies to spend at least 90% of premiums on claims and that meant that consumers have actually received 9+ BILLION DOLLARS in rebate checks from insurance companies. It also sets up exchanges where consumers can compare plans on even terms, which means MORE COMPETITION. Finally, many insurance companies have been taking losses in exchanges.

So your claim that Obamacare is designed as some sort of money making scheme for insurance companies at our expense is pure BS.
we are no where close to universal coverage you ignorant twat of a human being. LOL I would be embarrassed to be that fucking programmed and to ignorant to even know it.

How many of us taxpayers paid for scofflaws who frequented ER's for decades before the PPACA went into effect? Your problem is ignorance + simplified thinking, if it is thinking. Many who needed immediate treatment let the condition fester causing the taxpayer even more money, are now able to get treatments early saving lives and dollars.

The only problem with that argument is that we are not saving any dollars.

The only problem with that argument is that we are not saving any dollars.

We are saving lives. Which do you value more?

Forum List

Back