For the first time, more than 90% of Americans have health insurance

Arianrhod

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2015
And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

ObamaCare propels number of insured Americans above 90%

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

The report from the CDC is attached for anyone who's interested:

Attachments

• insur201605.pdf
    673.5 KB · Views: 276
And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

You seem to think you know the answer. I look forward to seeing your data.

Thing is, the illegal aliens were counted in the original numbers of uninsured people. They also counted wealthy people who didn't need it since they could easily pay their own way. They also included young people who chose not to have it even though they could have gotten it through employers for a reasonable rate.

Only a small percent of citizens wanted health insurance but couldn't afford it and that number hasn't changed significantly.

For the poor, we could have expanded Medicaid instead forcing Obamacare on everyone.

Now the wealthy must have insurance and pay ridiculously high rates. Young people must have it and pay way more than they would have before. Illegal aliens are covered despite promises to the contrary and most are getting it at the expense of citizens.

Rates are up all the way around, from insurance rates to medical care.

Everyone else has been forced to buy it and that has caused serious hardships for many because their rates went sky high. Hardly a good thing.

So, nothing has changed significantly other than more than 11 million illegal aliens getting it and higher costs to everyone else. And who are those nearly 10% that remain uninsured? Likely young people who can no longer afford to get it even if they wanted to. So many people are unemployed and leery of going to the Obamacare website. Then there are those who discovered that they did not have any choice in plans. They were put on Medicaid without having had the option to choose it before the website did it for them. Thing with Medicaid is that states can take your estate when you die to reimburse them for your care. Funny how the website stalled after people put in their information and it was a day or two later when the people were able to get to the next page on the website to find out they were on Medicaid. And they couldn't cancel it if that's not what they wanted. Almost makes me think that the delay was deliberate so they could find out what a person's assets were.

Last edited:
Kindly provide evidence that illegal aliens are accessing health insurance. Thank you.

States work around Obamacare to help undocumented immigrants
By Cindy Y. Rodriguez and Jaqueline Hurtado, CNN

Updated 1:30 PM ET, Wed April 9, 2014

Saira Murillo is just one of 11 million undocumented immigrants in the country who was specifically excluded from signing up for the Affordable Care Act, but it wasn't until recently that she found a way around the system.

"I didn't realize that as a DACA recipient, I would also be eligible to receive health insurance. It was thanks to a professor who told me and other undocumented students about our eligibility for Medi-Cal," Murillo told CNN en Español.

Deferred status, or DACA, refers to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program enacted in 2012. It grants some undocumented youths temporary work authorization and a two-year reprieve from deportation.

Read more: Obamacare: States work around Obamacare to help undocumented youth - CNN.com

Obamacare for Illegals

by MICHELLE MALKIN March 5, 2014 12:00 AM @MICHELLEMALKIN

It’s “accidental” (of course), but how many will slip in?

You knew it was coming. I knew it was coming. When government expands entitlements, illegal aliens always end up with a piece of the pie. Obamacare promoters relented to GOP pressure to include an illegal-alien ban on eligibility and vowed endlessly that no benefits would go to the “undocumented.” But denial isn’t just a river in Egypt. It’s the Obama way.

In Oregon this week, officials confessed that nearly 4,000 illegal immigrants had been “accidentally” steered from the state’s low-income Medicaid program and instead were enrolled in Obamacare in violation of the law. Oopsie. The Oregonian newspaper’s Nick Budnick reported that the health bureaucrats “discovered the problem several weeks ago and are correcting it.” Get in line. The beleaguered Cover Oregon health insurance exchange has been riddled with ongoing problems, errors, and glitches since last October that have yet to be fixed.

Take note: This wasn’t a one-time computer meltdown. Because Oregon’s health insurance exchange website has been offline and its software architects under investigation for possible fraud, the Oregon Obamacare drones have been processing each and every application manually. That means nearly 4,000 illegal-alien applications with “inaccurate” data somehow passed through government hands and somehow ended up getting routed through as new enrollees with Obamacare-approved full-service health care. How many Obamacare services did these nearly 4,000 illegal aliens avail themselves of, and at what cost?

Read more at: Obamacare for Illegals, by Michelle Malkin, National Review

85% of Americans were covered before ACA, and then premiums were lower and it actually covered something. ACA just lined the insurance company pockets while depleting ours.

85% of Americans were covered before ACA, and then premiums were lower and it actually covered something. ACA just lined the insurance company pockets while depleting ours.

mr.Dog, I hope you are better at doctoring then you are at (mis)informing about ACA, the trend in premiums, the coverage, and insurance company profits.

I have my Data in front of me, I pay more per month for less benefits and a ridiculously higher deductible.

I liked my plan, but evidently I didn't get to keep it.

I have my Data in front of me, I pay more per month for less benefits and a ridiculously higher deductible.

It was the appeal to emotion in your choice of the word "freeloaders" that did you in. You don't know everyone's particular situation.

It was the appeal to emotion in your choice of the word "freeloaders" that did you in. You don't know everyone's particular situation.

I didn't use the word freeloaders, that is a post above mine.

Learn to quote properly.

That's unfortunate to hear. You know the percentage of Americans,with a Right to health care?- 0%. Health care is a Privilege. It always has been and should have remained that way.

It unfortunate for you to hear that now millions more Americans have health insurance?

And then you wander why conservatives get the a-hole rap.

It's unfortunate to me to hear that we're waiting money on people who provide no value to society. Whether it's health care, food, lodging get, etc.... it disgusts me to see money wasted that the way.

Conservatives don't concern ourselves with being liked. We prefer to be Right.

So how soon will you be giving back your free polio immunizations?

When i dont collect a penny from Social Security or Medicare. When my kids don't get the shot. When my wife and I don't waste our kids time on public education, vaccinations, etc.....

Forum List

Back