For all of you running to support Alec Baldwin, listen to this

Who was responsible for it happening? The producer, who is the producer?
No, Producers are not generally responsible for the day to day running of the filming. They are more involved in funding and hiring key personnel.

But, if the filming was as unsafe and disoriented as is claimed, Baldwin should have stepped in.

Seems the crew were bringing live ammo out to the set and using the prop guns to shoot at cans during the breaks in filming

Should not have been tolerated
If true they should have been kicked off the set and fired

Greg Gutfeld frequently refers to a "prison of two ideas".

That's something frequently used by the far-left to explain why something cannot be done. As far as Baldwin and other anti-gun folks are concerned, the NRA is a mortal enemy, something to be destroyed.

Now just imagine, if they didn't feel that strongly and foolishly if they had hired an NRA instructor to oversee the project? Baldwin would have been even angrier, but no one would have been killed.

Greg Gutfeld frequently refers to a "prison of two ideas".

That's something frequently used by the far-left to explain why something cannot be done. As far as Baldwin and other anti-gun folks are concerned, the NRA is a mortal enemy, something to be destroyed.

Now just imagine, if they didn't feel that strongly and foolishly if they had hired an NRA instructor to oversee the project? Baldwin would have been even angrier, but no one would have been killed.
I am a NRA certified firearms instructor and range officer.

I guarantee you that neither myself or anybody else with those certifications would have allowed a loaded weapon to be anywhere near that set, no less in the hands of an actor practicing shooting.

The only people that would be allowed loaded firearms would have been security people, if needed.

Baldwin didn't pick the right people to make the movie. Instead he hired an immature purple hair bitch that doesn't know jackshit about being an armorer. Either she gave damn good blowjobs or worked cheap. Maybe both.

No, Producers are not generally responsible for the day to day running of the filming. They are more involved in funding and hiring key personnel.

But, if the filming was as unsafe and disoriented as is claimed, Baldwin should have stepped in.
Not that easy.

Responsibilities of a Producer During Preproduction​

The producer is one of the first people to start working on a film. During pre-production, the producer works to gather investment and financing in the film.
In trying to sell the project, the producer assembles a small creative team to help package the pitch to production companies and studios. Along with a team of writers, the producer works to find a director (if one hasn’t been attached to the project already) and may reach out to a few big-name actors for the leading roles.
A successful producer will get the green light from a production company or studio, or manage to arrange financing from investors to launch the film or TV show.
https://www.masterclass.com/classes/james-patterson-teaches-writing

Responsibilities of a Producer During Production​

As production gets under way, a producer’s responsibilities shift to include the following:
  • Work with the director to bring on key creative partners such as a cinematographer (director of photography), a production designer, casting agents.
  • Hire a line producer to put together a budget and schedule.
  • Offer advice and sign off on all major creative decisions.
  • Manage all logistics and business operations.
  • Supervise all aspects of physical production through the production staff.
  • Make sure production is on schedule and under budget.

Responsibilities of a Producer During Post-Production​

The producer makes the key decisions on marketing plans, including public relations, advertising, distribution, and release.

Baldwin didn't pick the right people to make the movie. Instead he hired an immature purple hair bitch that doesn't know jackshit about being an armorer. Either she gave damn good blowjobs

That's VP qualifications these days

Remember this?
Calling your little girl names, and insulting her. I remember when this happened years ago, and as a father of daughters, I lost all respect I had for this guy.
Since then, he has repeatedly been a dick, and now maybe karma has finally paid him a visit.

What does that have to do with his current situation?

Baldwin didn't pick the right people to make the movie. Instead he hired an immature purple hair bitch that doesn't know jackshit about being an armorer. Either she gave damn good blowjobs or worked cheap. Maybe both.
She did know, though: her father trained her and he is a famous Hollywood armourer. (I do feel sorry for him.) Clearly she didn't reach expectations ----- I am still hoping it was malice, vandalism, by an angry crew, rather than just carelessness, but it does seem to me one needs to lock up and control prop guns and ammo rather than just trusting people won't do bad things because YOU wouldn't do bad things ----------- the source of all women's naivety, and this was a woman.

Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel went to jail for their part.

Not that easy.

Responsibilities of a Producer During Preproduction​

The producer is one of the first people to start working on a film. During pre-production, the producer works to gather investment and financing in the film.
In trying to sell the project, the producer assembles a small creative team to help package the pitch to production companies and studios. Along with a team of writers, the producer works to find a director (if one hasn’t been attached to the project already) and may reach out to a few big-name actors for the leading roles.
A successful producer will get the green light from a production company or studio, or manage to arrange financing from investors to launch the film or TV show.
https://www.masterclass.com/classes/james-patterson-teaches-writing

Responsibilities of a Producer During Production​

As production gets under way, a producer’s responsibilities shift to include the following:
  • Work with the director to bring on key creative partners such as a cinematographer (director of photography), a production designer, casting agents.
  • Hire a line producer to put together a budget and schedule.
  • Offer advice and sign off on all major creative decisions.
  • Manage all logistics and business operations.
  • Make sure production is on schedule and under budget.

Responsibilities of a Producer During Post-Production​

The producer makes the key decisions on marketing plans, including public relations, advertising, distribution, and release.

your link

It is the staff who manages the physical production

Actors are trained not to check the firearms.
This is a lie.
The SAG rules clearly state that everyone - including the actors - is responsible for safety especially with firearms.
Nowhere in the SAG rules does it state the actor, as a matter of procedure, is not supposed to check the gun.

What do you do someone tells you a gun is cold and hands it to you?
1: Check the gun
2: Point it at someone and pull the trigger

She did know, though: her father trained her and he is a famous Hollywood armourer. (I do feel sorry for him.) Clearly she didn't reach expectations ----- I am still hoping it was malice, vandalism, by an angry crew, rather than just carelessness, but it does seem to me one needs to lock up and control prop guns and ammo rather than just trusting people won't do bad things because YOU wouldn't do bad things ----------- the source of all women's naivety, and this was a woman.
She had a famous father in the business but it doesn't look like she learned much of anything.

The fact that the gun was used by crew members to shoot for fun using live ammo is absolutely mind blowing. Talk about a recipe for disaster.

Mr Baldwin is learning a lesson on life.....let's hope he does something good with it.
Better if he did time for it. Unless of course nobody in New Mexico has been prosecuted for killing someone with a gun they thought was empty. That should be the standard, he should face the same penalty as anyone else.

Forum List

Back