For all of you running to support Alec Baldwin, listen to this

Baldwin did not intend to shoot anyone.

The shooting was an "accident".

However, the accident was caused by negligence.

Baldwin as the Producer, the shooter and the person that hired the incompetent chick as an armorer has a significant degree of culpability.

Under New Mexico crminal law he can be charged with negligent homicide.

Seems the crew were bringing live ammo out to the set and using the prop guns to shoot at cans during the breaks in filming

Should not have been tolerated

Baldwin as the Producer, the shooter and the person that hired the incompetent chick as an armorer has a significant degree of culpability.

Yes, as Producer not actor, Baldwin could be liable.

But in a Civil Case not a Criminal Case

I agree completely.

Normal gun rules, of not aiming at other people, obvious don't apply to movie sets.

BUT, as the producer he bears responsibility for the poor management that likely led to the problem.

Barring, information that shows otherwise.

I agree completely.

Normal gun rules, of not aiming at other people, obvious don't apply to movie sets.

BUT, as the producer he bears responsibility for the poor management that likely led to the problem.

Barring, information that shows otherwise.
Seems they were allowing the crew to shoot live guns during filming breaks. The same guns that were used as prop guns.

Any person of responsibility should have stopped the practice.

I wouldn't be surprised if my dad has a few choice words to describe me since him and I do not see eye to eye on so many issues which is why I haven't had anything more to do with him in years. Right me if I am wrong, but didn't Mr. Baldwin and his daughter make up eventually?

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly
Well, that makes it okay then doesn't it?

Child abuse is child abuse. I'm sorry your Ol' Man abused you but stuff happens.

Do you honestly believe that a man with rage and anger issues berated and abused his 11-year-old daughter ONCE?

In my humble opinion, it takes 1,000 atta-girls to overcome that one phone call. Sure, the daughter most likely said, yes, I love you daddy, I forgive you. Do you think she will ever forget that conversation?

As you know too, he has been just as vile and violent with members of the general public who, in some way, offended him.

Given that he is of dubious character, I can't imagine ever wishing this tragedy on anyone. He'll have nightmares about this for the rest of his life and that's truly sad.

Is there ever a "good cause" to call your child a "pig" and telling her she has no brains? Sorry, but this guy sounded violent, if I were her daughter at 11 or 12, I would have been pretty scared after hearing my father talk that way. He sounded violent, and out of control.
Sounds like all the male verbal abusers on this forum.

Business as usual.

Yes, that's the producer. But he didn't give a shit because he's an arrogant, violent asshole. And now a murderer, too.
Alex Baldwin did a nasty Trump imitation
I can see why there is a rush by Conservatives to convict him.

But there is no criminal liability remotely possible

A Producer has top level responsibility to get funding and hire people. They are rarely on the set and have no responsibilities for controlling the crew and setting the rules.

Alex Baldwin did a nasty Trump imitation
I can see why there is a rush by Conservatives to convict him.

But there is no criminal liability remotely possible

A Producer has top level responsibility to get funding and hire people. They are rarely on the set and have no responsibilities for controlling the crew and setting the rules.

He was on set every day. He pulled the trigger.

Say he is an asshole. I’ll agree. Say he is a leftist loon. I’ll probably agree. Say he is an elitist snob. I’ll agree. Blaming him for the industry standard is asinine. And it would be a lie. And I hate lies. The RW tells too many of those as it is.
Face facts, Alec Baldwin is in deep doo-doo. Really deep doo-doo.

Alec Baldwin is the producer of the low-budget movie. The producer is responsible for everything. From all accounts I've seen, the set was pretty much in chaos. Part of the crew had walked off because of unsafe conditions. They, apparently, had been replaced with local workers. The armorer was uncertain in her job. Apparently too, the person who handed him the gun had been fired from a previous job. The gun in question had been used earlier in the day by some of the crew for target practice. Baldwin, as you agree, has a violent temper. His movie, his money, what could go wrong?

Forum List

Back