For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says

Decades of liberal government mandated education taught girls everything they needed to know about sex except how to say no. Now liberals manage to convince vulnerable women that they were raped in order to make a political point.

B.S. "liberal government mandated education" teaches BOTH SEXES everything they need to know about sex and how to say "no," unlike this taxpayer-funded "abstinence-only" crap.

The only astonishing thing is people believe this nonsense.
In these faux studies, they classify almost anything as sexual assault.
A boy out with a girl, everything seems fine.... they get along well, been on a couple dates.... he leans over and kisses her on the mouth without asking. SEXUAL ASSAULT!!!

It's absurd, it is counter productive and detracts attention from actual sexual assault.

But if any form of physical restraint occurs, like pinning someone up against a wall, this is sexual assault. It happened to me more than once.
And apparently the study in question does not limit the definition to instances where physical restraint happens.

Physically forced or coerced means exactly that. "Giving in" is a different action.
There are many ways to coerce. To physically force sex on another person is a different matter.
Having sex after you both got drunk is not rape. Claiming rape in such a case is a cowardly way of escaping one's own responsibility for one's actions. I hope you aren't that sort of "feminist"...the kind that would rather send a man to prison than own up to her own actions.

Why are you trying to come with every possible scenario that might hypothetically occur to cast doubt on the veracity of women? Men are known to lie about this stuff, and have in police stations and court rooms all over the country.
Why are you pretending that's what I'm doing? I'm calling B.S. on a study that inflates rape statistics by redefining what rape is.
That sort of non intellectual revisionism helps no one and it actually casts doubt on this study and hurts the cause of rape prevention.

There is no excuse for rape. This study shows that we have a problem in this country. Trying to downplay the importance of the study does not do anything to solve the problem.
Downplaying a study that is inherently dishonest
only hurts that study itself. Stop being a coward.

Who cries rape when both are drunk? Alcohol or date-rape drugs could be a factor. I once thought that fruit punch was being provided for those of us who did not drink alcohol. Little did I know that there was grain alcohol in it. Fortunately, I was not raped, but I did have to go lie down on a waterbed, which is an experience no one wants to have. This study is by no means "inherently dishonest.

Moreover, in a civilized society, if one comes across someone who is obviously incapacitated or unconscious, you get that person to safety. If I find a person collapsed, I'm going to call for help, not take his wallet and his watch.
Most rape accusations which involve a drunk woman also involve a drunk man who is accused. So a lot of them.

There have been serious challenges to the credibllity of this study.

I don''t think that the challenges have been "serious." In any event, a guy who is that inebriated cannot perform the act. Anyway, just how often is inebriation on the part of the male been offered as a defense to the crime of rape? " I was drunk, your honor. I can't remember anything."

To reiterate, in civilized society, we assist people whom we find to be unable to care for themselves. We don't mug, rob, rape, or otherwise molest them. We care for them and get help.

This is quite astonishing along with the claim that 40% of women have experienced sexual assault.

It also fits into the Brett Kavanaugh issue where the system has demonstrated that women who claim sexual assault will have their character vigorously impugned by people in power.

"The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6."

"Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment." That is astonishing.

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says - CNN

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says
By Jen Christensen, CNN
Updated 2130 GMT (0530 HKT) September 16, 2019

Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment

(CNN)More than 3.3 million American women ages 18 to 44 were raped the first time they had sexual intercourse, according to a new study, and "all demographic groups reported substantial roles of forced sexual initiation."
The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
"We feel it is accurate to describe these events as rape," said Dr. Laura Hawks, a primary care physician and research fellow at Harvard Medical School who co-authored the study.
The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6. The average age of the partner or assailant at the time was 6 years older. Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
If you or a loved one is a survivor of assault, please call
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
Or talk to a trained volunteer at Terms of Service - Online Hotline
Some 50% of women surveyed said the perpetrator was larger or older. More than 46% of the women were held down. In 56% of the instances, men used verbal pressure. Men used a physical threats more than 26% of the time and caused physical harm in more than 25% of the instances. Some 22% of the women were drugged.
Survivors faced long-term consequences, such as increased rates of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis and menstrual problems. More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
Get CNN Health's weekly newsletter
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
Earlier research has shown that more than 40% of women have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, and half of those have been raped. The authors of this study said there is no recent data focused on first experiences with intercourse. The survey included 13,310 women and was nationally representative of the population age 18 to 44. The data came from the National Survey of Family and Growth from 2011 to 2017.
"A practicing physician is likely to see several patients each week who have experienced this form of trauma," the authors wrote in the study, saying doctors should develop tools to identify and help people who've experienced it.

More men need to stand up for and defend women

Physically forced or coerced means exactly that. "Giving in" is a different action.
There are many ways to coerce. To physically force sex on another person is a different matter.
Having sex after you both got drunk is not rape. Claiming rape in such a case is a cowardly way of escaping one's own responsibility for one's actions. I hope you aren't that sort of "feminist"...the kind that would rather send a man to prison than own up to her own actions.

Why are you trying to come with every possible scenario that might hypothetically occur to cast doubt on the veracity of women? Men are known to lie about this stuff, and have in police stations and court rooms all over the country.
Why are you pretending that's what I'm doing? I'm calling B.S. on a study that inflates rape statistics by redefining what rape is.
That sort of non intellectual revisionism helps no one and it actually casts doubt on this study and hurts the cause of rape prevention.

There is no excuse for rape. This study shows that we have a problem in this country. Trying to downplay the importance of the study does not do anything to solve the problem.

Who cries rape when both are drunk? Alcohol or date-rape drugs could be a factor. I once thought that fruit punch was being provided for those of us who did not drink alcohol. Little did I know that there was grain alcohol in it. Fortunately, I was not raped, but I did have to go lie down on a waterbed, which is an experience no one wants to have. This study is by no means "inherently dishonest.

Moreover, in a civilized society, if one comes across someone who is obviously incapacitated or unconscious, you get that person to safety. If I find a person collapsed, I'm going to call for help, not take his wallet and his watch.
Most rape accusations which involve a drunk woman also involve a drunk man who is accused. So a lot of them.

I don''t think that the challenges have been "serious." In any event, a guy who is that inebriated cannot perform the act. Anyway, just how often is inebriation on the part of the male been offered as a defense to the crime of rape? " I was drunk, your honor. I can't remember anything."

To reiterate, in civilized society, we assist people whom we find to be unable to care for themselves. We don't mug, rob, rape, or otherwise molest them. We care for them and get help.

I think they have been very serious and no study by anyone anywhere is above reproach.

It never has been used as a defense that I now of which is not the point.

The point is some women consent to sex while drunk and their partner was drunk as well. Then the woman claims rape BECAUSE she was drunk.

Some instiutions are allowing this as policy.

Consent at Coastal Carolina Must Be Enthusiastic, Sober - FIRE

The question is how is she the victim and not the guy if both are just drinking and not black out drunk

A boy out with a girl, everything seems fine.... they get along well, been on a couple dates.... he leans over and kisses her on the mouth without asking. SEXUAL ASSAULT!!!

It's absurd, it is counter productive and detracts attention from actual sexual assault.

But if any form of physical restraint occurs, like pinning someone up against a wall, this is sexual assault. It happened to me more than once.
How about TV and movies changing the content of their programs to common sense to start. Bring the standards of reality into the dramas and action movies, animation and comedies instead of extremism. Bring standards back into commercials and infomercials with actual bans of some.

This is quite astonishing along with the claim that 40% of women have experienced sexual assault.

It also fits into the Brett Kavanaugh issue where the system has demonstrated that women who claim sexual assault will have their character vigorously impugned by people in power.

"Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment." That is astonishing.

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says - CNN

By Jen Christensen, CNN

(CNN)More than 3.3 million American women ages 18 to 44 were raped the first time they had sexual intercourse, according to a new study, and "all demographic groups reported substantial roles of forced sexual initiation."
The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
"We feel it is accurate to describe these events as rape," said Dr. Laura Hawks, a primary care physician and research fellow at Harvard Medical School who co-authored the study.
The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6. The average age of the partner or assailant at the time was 6 years older. Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
Some 50% of women surveyed said the perpetrator was larger or older. More than 46% of the women were held down. In 56% of the instances, men used verbal pressure. Men used a physical threats more than 26% of the time and caused physical harm in more than 25% of the instances. Some 22% of the women were drugged.
Survivors faced long-term consequences, such as increased rates of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis and menstrual problems. More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
Earlier research has shown that more than 40% of women have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, and half of those have been raped. The authors of this study said there is no recent data focused on first experiences with intercourse. The survey included 13,310 women and was nationally representative of the population age 18 to 44. The data came from the National Survey of Family and Growth from 2011 to 2017.
"A practicing physician is likely to see several patients each week who have experienced this form of trauma," the authors wrote in the study, saying doctors should develop tools to identify and help people who've experienced it.

True, and a lot more women need to stand up for and defend men.

Some women like to be restraiined and pinned against the wall.

I think they have been very serious and no study by anyone anywhere is above reproach.

It never has been used as a defense that I now of which is not the point.

The point is some women consent to sex while drunk and their partner was drunk as well. Then the woman claims rape BECAUSE she was drunk.

Some instiutions are allowing this as policy.

Consent at Coastal Carolina Must Be Enthusiastic, Sober - FIRE

The question is how is she the victim and not the guy if both are just drinking and not black out drunk

The answer is what he did, or didn't do to her. There does not seem to be too much data about how often these "some women" consent and then claim rape. Don''t men lie about these things?
I wonder if there are any statistics regarding a woman's first experience with abortion? I bet a lot more than 40'% of the victims of abortion were coerced by men

You can bet anything you want. All you are doing is pure baseless speculation. "Victims of abortion"? Women choose abortion for many different individual reasons. But one of them might be to get clean of a filthy man once and for all.

By Jen Christensen, CNN

Regret sex isn’t rape.. I can’t even get my big pipe in a willing girl sometimes never mind someone saying no lol

How about TV and movies changing the content of their programs to common sense to start. Bring the standards of reality into the dramas and action movies, animation and comedies instead of extremism. Bring standards back into commercials and infomercials with actual bans of some.

How about parents and religions doing a better job of teaching children how to behave? I went to a university run by Catholics. Nice Catholic parents sent their nice Catholic sons off to college after their sons graduated from nice Catholic boys' schools. You don't want to know what these nice Catholic boys did when they got to college. Apparently, many of them weren't taught much.

It's time that the moralistos have a nice, long talk about what "morality" actually consists of.

While we can argue about whether the statistics are right or not, one fact is that some women have experienced rape. Another fact is unfortunately some women have purposely lied about being raped, which harms the women who have actually experienced it that we cannot always assume truth is being told.

While rape has gone on for all of mankind, what we can try to control and minimize is the frequency of it. That children need to know right from wrong and what limitations are. If there's a drastic statistic that makes one group more vulnerable to commit such a heinous act then we should address that statistic to minimize its possibility (e.g., if statistics show a much higher rate amongst fatherless boys, then we ought to resolve that the best of our ability... I don't know the statistics for that grouping, just giving a possible example).

Another factor is minimizing from a defensive standpoint, whether it's arming women, or training them to avoid certain locations and situations to improve her chances, then that should be addressed. It's never, ever the woman's fault for being raped, but sometimes you can improve your odds.

It's sad and repulsive that many women have experienced this. And some men as well. I've been threatened with sexual assault, so men are not immune to being victims. It's about the evil that makes men want to have power over another human being.

rape should be handled by first accusing and reporting and then going to court . I don't know any other way Fnecceo .
Tell that to all the women who report rape and their rape kits are sitting on a shelf somewhere with the cops doing nothing nothing nothing.

Case in point: Backlog of untested rape kits is 'a public safety issue,' may let offenders slip away
---------------------------------- take the cops to court I guess or tell the females to get Chaperones , bodyguards , MINDERS, Big Brothers , chastity belts and guns or continue with the possibility of being raped . Its also just my OPINION that females are vulnerable as compared to the same normal type of normal guy on the Street . I think that that's how Nature or God made females Bode .

How about parents and religions doing a better job of teaching children how to behave? I went to a university run by Catholics. Nice Catholic parents sent their nice Catholic sons off to college after their sons graduated from nice Catholic boys' schools. You don't want to know what these nice Catholic boys did when they got to college. Apparently, many of them weren't taught much.

It's time that the moralistos have a nice, long talk about what "morality" actually consists of.
I do not know how old you are. There was at one time standards in colleges. Programs showed students learning and presented it that way. Then it showed students partying and did not stop. And even when there were standards It did not mean people were little goody two shoes. There were reasons Catholic Schools had all boys and all girls schools. They knew the issues. Notre Dame University went co ed decades ago and now is prog socialist feminist. I understand what you say. It is hard to really have concerns when we spew sex 24 hours a day on TV and movies and cartoons and comedies and commercials/infomercials and it is not skipping around it...it is direct. Again...I only have your word.

and quite often women like men like hanging around Shady areas and some are naïve though I have only heard of Women in a couple of recent stories . See the poor girl that was at a bar , called one of these lift companies . A car pulled up , she jumped into the car , the male driver locked the doors and she ended up raped and murdered .

and see the blonde girl that jumped out of a cab at some public park to meet her rapist and murderer to be taken to his sex room in his private house . I think that she was SELLING something . Also one in Atlanta Georgia a few years back . ---------------------------------- The girl left a BAR and started talking to a stranger and they found her in the woods somewhere Bode .

By Jen Christensen, CNN

------------------------------------------------- yeah ok , if men want to Azog .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back