For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says

Who cries rape when both are drunk?
A woman would and has, after both parties have been drinking. There are lots of cases where the sex was consensual at the time but after the fact the woman claims rape because she was inebriated.
Go research the issue.

A woman would and has, after both parties have been drinking. There are lots of cases where the sex was consensual at the time but after the fact the woman claims rape because she was inebriated.
Go research the issue.
Love it....I guess it's ok to rape women if they've been drinking.

This is quite astonishing along with the claim that 40% of women have experienced sexual assault.

It also fits into the Brett Kavanaugh issue where the system has demonstrated that women who claim sexual assault will have their character vigorously impugned by people in power.

"The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6."

"Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment." That is astonishing.

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says - CNN

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says
By Jen Christensen, CNN
Updated 2130 GMT (0530 HKT) September 16, 2019

Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment

(CNN)More than 3.3 million American women ages 18 to 44 were raped the first time they had sexual intercourse, according to a new study, and "all demographic groups reported substantial roles of forced sexual initiation."
The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
"We feel it is accurate to describe these events as rape," said Dr. Laura Hawks, a primary care physician and research fellow at Harvard Medical School who co-authored the study.
The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6. The average age of the partner or assailant at the time was 6 years older. Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
If you or a loved one is a survivor of assault, please call
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
Or talk to a trained volunteer at Terms of Service - Online Hotline
Some 50% of women surveyed said the perpetrator was larger or older. More than 46% of the women were held down. In 56% of the instances, men used verbal pressure. Men used a physical threats more than 26% of the time and caused physical harm in more than 25% of the instances. Some 22% of the women were drugged.
Survivors faced long-term consequences, such as increased rates of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis and menstrual problems. More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
Get CNN Health's weekly newsletter
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
Earlier research has shown that more than 40% of women have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, and half of those have been raped. The authors of this study said there is no recent data focused on first experiences with intercourse. The survey included 13,310 women and was nationally representative of the population age 18 to 44. The data came from the National Survey of Family and Growth from 2011 to 2017.
"A practicing physician is likely to see several patients each week who have experienced this form of trauma," the authors wrote in the study, saying doctors should develop tools to identify and help people who've experienced it.

More men need to stand up for and defend women
------------------------------------------ and that gets back to my original suggestion . Its even a new highly paid job category but men could hire on as Chaparones , minders , big Brothers and lead gaggles of women around the Bars and alleys and keep women safe Azog .

how many years ago was it that females , girls didn't date and get picked up in Bars or on the street . Is it true that BARS used to be pretty much a Mans domain with no PROPER NICE women and only ladies for hire in the Bars ?? Just a couple of questions .

Progressives are not the least bit interested in civil and constitutional rights for men.... Or young boys

The common term I believe is Victim Politics. It is the main tool of the Left. If you think about it, every group they rely on or hope to attract they approach as a "victim" of something, obviously with them here to help save them.
  • Women, victim of rich white male sexism
  • Blacks, victim of, well, everything. Police, employers, society, whites, everything but themselves
  • Gays, victim of gender identity and white homophobia
  • Poor, another victim of rich white males
  • Kids, victim of gun crime
  • Illegals, victim of xenophobia
  • Democrats, victims of Trump
The funny thing is that no matter how often or for how long you elect democrats, they never fix any of these things, the need for them never goes away. Everything is peaches and creme with democrats in but one month after a republican is elected, the floor has fallen out of the world again.

With so many women running from the DNC, the big message will be about the victimization of women.

That will be the message by the Democrats again in 2020: Quick! Get us back into office! Before the sky falls in and worlds collide!!

This is quite astonishing along with the claim that 40% of women have experienced sexual assault.

It also fits into the Brett Kavanaugh issue where the system has demonstrated that women who claim sexual assault will have their character vigorously impugned by people in power.

"The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6."

"Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment." That is astonishing.

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says - CNN

By Jen Christensen, CNN
Updated 2130 GMT (0530 HKT) September 16, 2019

Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment

(CNN)More than 3.3 million American women ages 18 to 44 were raped the first time they had sexual intercourse, according to a new study, and "all demographic groups reported substantial roles of forced sexual initiation."
The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
"We feel it is accurate to describe these events as rape," said Dr. Laura Hawks, a primary care physician and research fellow at Harvard Medical School who co-authored the study.
The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6. The average age of the partner or assailant at the time was 6 years older. Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
If you or a loved one is a survivor of assault, please call
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
Or talk to a trained volunteer at Terms of Service - Online Hotline
Some 50% of women surveyed said the perpetrator was larger or older. More than 46% of the women were held down. In 56% of the instances, men used verbal pressure. Men used a physical threats more than 26% of the time and caused physical harm in more than 25% of the instances. Some 22% of the women were drugged.
Survivors faced long-term consequences, such as increased rates of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis and menstrual problems. More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
Get CNN Health's weekly newsletter
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
Earlier research has shown that more than 40% of women have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, and half of those have been raped. The authors of this study said there is no recent data focused on first experiences with intercourse. The survey included 13,310 women and was nationally representative of the population age 18 to 44. The data came from the National Survey of Family and Growth from 2011 to 2017.
"A practicing physician is likely to see several patients each week who have experienced this form of trauma," the authors wrote in the study, saying doctors should develop tools to identify and help people who've experienced it.

I laughed out loud at this....sure it is. Sure.

This....is CNN

The only astonishing thing is people believe this nonsense.
In these faux studies, they classify almost anything as sexual assault.
A boy out with a girl, everything seems fine.... they get along well, been on a couple dates.... he leans over and kisses her on the mouth without asking. SEXUAL ASSAULT!!!

It's absurd, it is counter productive and detracts attention from actual sexual assault.

But if any form of physical restraint occurs, like pinning someone up against a wall, this is sexual assault. It happened to me more than once.
And only after she breaks up with you... and tells others, but leaves out the part you were both playing around. Welcome to the #metoo generation. In a generation that somehow WANTS to be a victim.. this is the easiest way.

Go research the issue.
Love it....I guess it's ok to rape women if they've been drinking.
Women do not like it when men figure out they can lie. The problem is that to many men still protect them and they do not deserve it in a general sense. The slow transition of turning men into primal beings and a percentage of women also is not going to end in a glorious utopian way.

While we can argue about whether the statistics are right or not, one fact is that some women have experienced rape. Another fact is unfortunately some women have purposely lied about being raped, which harms the women who have actually experienced it that we cannot always assume truth is being told.

While rape has gone on for all of mankind, what we can try to control and minimize is the frequency of it. That children need to know right from wrong and what limitations are. If there's a drastic statistic that makes one group more vulnerable to commit such a heinous act then we should address that statistic to minimize its possibility (e.g., if statistics show a much higher rate amongst fatherless boys, then we ought to resolve that the best of our ability... I don't know the statistics for that grouping, just giving a possible example).

Another factor is minimizing from a defensive standpoint, whether it's arming women, or training them to avoid certain locations and situations to improve her chances, then that should be addressed. It's never, ever the woman's fault for being raped, but sometimes you can improve your odds.

It's sad and repulsive that many women have experienced this. And some men as well. I've been threatened with sexual assault, so men are not immune to being victims. It's about the evil that makes men want to have power over another human being.
I have been "sexually assaulted" at least a half dozen times. But, I am a man, so it doesn't count.
At the same time, many of the things that happened to me were not really assault. Technically yes, but to the level the person should have been arrested, fired from their job and possibly losing their home etc? Oh hell no.
That is one of the problems of a generation that wants so bad to be a victim of something. Life is hard, wear a helmet.

Last edited:
Go research the issue.

Link? You might also want to look into the amount of times men who actually committed rape lied about it to the police, the courts, and others. This article was based on trial transcripts in the Brock Turner case:

Brock Turner laughed after bystanders stopped Stanford sex assault, files show

The documents also reveal that Turner allegedly laughed at bystanders who intervened during the assault on the Stanford campus. Turner changed his story throughout the process and came to trial with a version of the events that contradicted his earlier statements and the testimony of witnesses and police.​

how many years ago was it that females , girls didn't date and get picked up in Bars or on the street . Is it true that BARS used to be pretty much a Mans domain with no PROPER NICE women and only ladies for hire in the Bars ?? Just a couple of questions .

The answer to your questions is that women were not enjoying the same freedoms as men enjoyed. Women did not want to stay sequestered in their homes. You are trying to put the onus on us, when you guys are entirely responsible for your own behavior. You are supposed to be "PROPER NICE" gentlemen." We have the same freedom to circulate in general society that you do. It is not our responsibility to avoid you.

I've never Raped anyone and I have no problem with YOU females circulating and taking the chances and possible consequences of your Female rape problem . Heck , I deal with females the same way that V.P. Mike Pence deal with women that aren't family and I was doing that kinda action long before the Mike Pence revealed his way of dealing with women . And you girls have a problem with Mike Pence and his way of dealing with women . ---------- Oh well , enjoy yourself as you circulate Lysis .

I've never Raped anyone and I have no problem with YOU females circulating and taking the chances and possible consequences of your Female rape problem . Heck , I deal with females the same way that V.P. Mike Pence deal with women that aren't family and I was doing that kinda action long before the Mike Pence revealed his way of dealing with women . And you girls have a problem with Mike Pence and his way of dealing with women . ---------- Oh well , enjoy yourself as you circulate Lysis .

So I take it that you like predators running amok in U.S. society. Crime is a problem for all of us. Should I think that, if you get hit by some black guy (I'm sorry, black guys!; I have to use a known false stereotype) who takes your wallet, the rest of us shouldn't give a damn? Perhaps ask what you were doing on the street in that part of town, maybe flashing an expensive watch?

pigpence is just trash who can't assimilate into larger society. He's a scared little sex queerdo who can't deal with society. No courage there or he would come out and deal like an adult in adult settings. He can't even have dinner at a restaurant with somebody like Sen. Elizabeth Warren. He's that scared.

You cult people are really something.

I don't go to 'chicago' or 'minneapolis' or 'deeeeeetroit' . I don't care if predators run amok in those places either Lysis as predators do their works . You just go ahead and circulate in those substandard places , see what you get Lysis . --------------------- and its called Free Association as Pence ignores and avoids woman like 'warren' that he wants to avoid or ignore Lysis . [its a FreeCountry Lysis]

Foolish man. Didn't you ever notice that these romances and Hollywood fictions were based on an attraction between the specific two characters involved? This is not the real world. Women are not just sexually receptive to any male who comes along. Take a look at the book cover you posted. Nothing is known about who the man in the illustration is in the book, what kind of person is he. What woman is she? As for looks and the part that looks play in human sexuality, do you assume that all men look like the hunk on the book cover?

Look asswipe, one thing I'm not is a fool, nor do I suffer fools. I was married for years, knew many women, all of them read that romance stuff wet between the legs. Apparently you don't understand lust. I guess you never spent much time in a club when young hanging out as women checked out the guys and ogled them as they came in? Strangers, love at first sight, hot for their buns, whatever you want to call it, first impressions, a good line, just because you never met a girl at a club and didn't pick her up in 5 minutes for a wild time and a hot night, do not mistake this for not being the "real world" for any attractive guy whose not an obvious loser like you.
Fascinating.

Seriously.

I read the statement you replied to.

Fascinating is the only polite word for it.

My word would be disgusting.

What I find very fascinating is the acceptance and pride of a one night stand. It's that attitude that causes a lot of abortions. A man has his "wild time" then walks away without looking back to see what he has caused.

Meanwhile an alarming amount of women's first sexual experience is rape and the far right radical extremists come up with so many excuses for it. Or they deny it all together. Or what I view as the most disturbing and disgusting, blame it all on the woman.

As the person you replied to has done.

my MOTHER was telling my 3 Sisters 55 years ago that girls gotta be MORE Careful than boys and I think that advice was true in 1960 and its good and true advice today . ----------- just a comment !!

Forum List

Back