Florida implements financial literacy course for all high school students.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
IMO this is a great idea and should be implemented by all the states. There are few things that affect the quality of a person's life more than personal finances and managing money.

*gasp* How dare they try and teach my kids something valuable and essential to success as an adult??

What happened to good old fashioned tranny info?

IMO this is a great idea and should be implemented by all the states. There are few things that affect the quality of a person's life more than personal finances and managing money.

I want to know who still has a checkbook to balance?

My almost 28 year-old daughter doesn't even have a checkbook! She knows how to write one because she was taught in school after I had already taught her.

I have written two checks in about the past year, and they were both for thousands of dollars to pay for home improvements. I rarely if ever use a check.

I think the course is a great idea. We already had this class at the Florida high school where I taught from 1996-2006. It's not a new idea.

This should include a cost/benefit analysis of taking out student loans.

The Negroes here in Florida hate it when there are education requirements for graduation. They think it is racist to have to prove they learned something.

I want to know who still has a checkbook to balance?

My almost 28 year-old daughter doesn't even have a checkbook! She knows how to write one because she was taught in school after I had already taught her.

I have written two checks in about the past year, and they were both for thousands of dollars to pay for home improvements. I rarely if ever use a check.

I think the course is a great idea. We already had this class at the Florida high school where I taught from 1996-2006. It's not a new idea.
That's interesting I didn't know financial literacy had already been taught in high school. Do you know why they discontinued the course?

The Negroes here in Florida hate it when there are education requirements for graduation. They think it is racist to have to prove they learned something.

I was about to say I see a big fail here for the Left as they will all now need to learn to count in denary when I saw your post and spit up my coffee laughing.

That's interesting I didn't know financial literacy had already been taught in high school. Do you know why they discontinued the course?
They didn't! It just was not in every high school because different districts had different course requirements.

For example, some districts only required students complete geometry to graduate, whereas others required Algebra II.

Forum List

Back