Florida grandmother, 65, told to tear down her tree house where she's lived for 25 years

You guys are full of shit. So is the old woman.

If she has money to pay the fines, then she can afford to rebuild her house.

It's pretty clear that neither of you gave any thought about what she would do if her house was destroyed by a storm - assuming she survived.

There's nothing wrong with government ordering people to have safe homes - and indoor plumbing, and electricity. Otherwise unscrupulous slumlords and developers could legally kill millions of innocent people, mostly children, from all walks of life.

Now Homeowners' Associations, that's different. Those fuckers should be flung into the sun.

I'd tell them to bite my ass and fight them tooth and nail, too. Her land. Her property. Her lifestyle. Government can butt the fuck out.

I don't wear a seat belt, either. My body, my car, my choice. I fling it across my shoulder so I don't get a ticket, but that fucker ain't being clicked into the slot. MY choice. Not some schmuck telling me what the fuck to do. Same with my property if I owned one.

You guys are full of shit. So is the old woman.

If she has money to pay the fines, then she can afford to rebuild her house.

It's pretty clear that neither of you gave any thought about what she would do if her house was destroyed by a storm - assuming she survived.

There's nothing wrong with government ordering people to have safe homes - and indoor plumbing, and electricity. Otherwise unscrupulous slumlords and developers could legally kill millions of innocent people, mostly children, from all walks of life.

Now Homeowners' Associations, that's different. Those fuckers should be flung into the sun.
oh gawd, not this again Grandma!

Can't we just have a rest from all this keeping up appearances?

Her land. Her property. Her lifestyle.
Amen to this. If this is all that she needs, she should be left alone. I salute those who are low maintenance people.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
I've always wanted to live like that. No big fancy house, huge rooms hard to heat or keep cool, dusting knickknacks, etc. Small, simple, open to nature.
I hope she wins this battle.

Forum List

Back