Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

So, in how many ways will this fail?

1. First amendment
2. Commerce clause
3. Bill of Attainder

About #3, a Bill of Attainder is a law made to selectively target one person or entity. The Constitution specifically prohibits such things.

As the law is written, any message board or blog would qualify as "social media", meaning that any moderation anywhere would be illegal. Conservative social media spots, which are the most fervent censors out there, would have to stop censoring. Losing the ability to censor would be unacceptable to conservatives, so Florida would have to try to qualify things so that the law only applied to Facebook and Twitter, and that would make it obviously a Bill of Attainder.

Someone hasn't read the proposed bill.

It's okay, you're too fucking stupid to grasp it anyway, Frau Mammoth Mamaries

This will likely get struck down by the courts. Also, it’s a violation of association rights, business rights, and property rights, but those don’t matter to those that only pay lip service to those principles anyway.
human rights come before those,,
You think you have a human right to a social media account? How hilariously entitled. :lol:
equal treatment,,
Can you explain the right of "equal treatment"? I've never heard of that.

This will likely get struck down by the courts. Also, it’s a violation of association rights, business rights, and property rights, but those don’t matter to those that only pay lip service to those principles anyway.
You think you have a human right to a social media account? How hilariously entitled. :lol:
equal treatment,,
CNN can post a story about trump but trump cant post anything about himself,,,

Open only when in accordance with their terms of service that the user agreed to upon registering.

Try just being a good faith, honest actor for a change.

The problem arises when those terms are not applied and you engage in harassments of some while ignoring gross violations by others.
Except that's not what's happening.

Well, there goes the complaint that people are being “silenced”.

The government burned down the church and killed the minister, but the assistant pastor is preaching on a soapbox so that proves there is no repression of religion.

You're really not very good at this....
The problem with your analogy here is that no one is burning anything down, metaphorically or otherwise.

Well, there goes the complaint that people are being “silenced”.

The government burned down the church and killed the minister, but the assistant pastor is preaching on a soapbox so that proves there is no repression of religion.

You're really not very good at this....
The problem with your analogy here is that no one is burning anything down, metaphorically or otherwise.
That's bullshit.

1620269614187.jpeg

equal treatment,,
Yeah. Life is like that. Other people won't always do what you want.

But what is the right of "equal treatment"? How does it work? What does it mean in terms of state policy?

equal treatment,,

But what is the right of "equal treatment"? How does it work? What does it mean in terms of state policy?
are you ever going to tell me who gave up their rights??

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.
then why did you say it??

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.
You're trolling. Playing games because your comments don't stand up to logical scrutiny. You brought up a right to "equal treatment", which is bullshit concept usually thrown around by liberals. Is that really what you meant to type?

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.
You're trolling. Playing games because your comments don't stand up to logical scrutiny. You brought up a right to "equal treatment", which is bullshit concept usually thrown around by liberals. Is that really what you meant to type?
you said people gave up their rights,, now who are those people and what rights did they give up??

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.
you said people gave up their rights,, now who are those people and what rights did they give up??
Chickenshit diversion. I don't know what you're going on about - something from three pages ago I suppose - but I'm not playing. If you don't have the balls to back your posts, that's on you.

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.
Chickenshit diversion. I don't know what you're going on about - something from three pages ago I suppose - but I'm not playing. If you don't have the balls to back your posts, that's on you.
you back up yours,,,

What is the right of "equal treatment"? How does it work? What does it mean in terms of state policy?

equal treatment,,

Got nuthin', huh? Sorry.
you back up yours,,,
I take it from your silence its you that is full of shit,,

I never said anything about state policy,,

I never said anything about state policy.
I never said you did, but rather than watch you try to use it as yet another diversion, let's skip the question about state policy. Just tell me what the hell you mean by "equal treatment"? Do you think people have a right to equal treatment?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back