Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

So, in you opinion, just because Okeefe is not credible to you, anything he produces, despite your inability to refute such production, is automatically not credible?

That is completely illogical.

Of course it's logical. Why would I expect him to produce credible products after a career of producing misleading and agenda driven content?

I wouldn't and neither should you. It's like a doctor spends his entire career pitching literal snake oil for ailments and then comes out with a new product saying it'll cure cancer. Are you going to believe his new product cures cancer because you can't refute it or are you going to rely on his credibility?

Dang, is that anything like Biden being in politics for 40 years and not accomplished squat, yet you now feel he's going to save America and the Planet?

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

Their beliefs are of convenience not real beliefs.

I'm thinking youre a little confused how the 1st A works,,,
Nope. You are.
and yet you failed to explain why I'm wrong,,

the 1st is meant for the people not companies,,

Tell that to the Citizens United and
“corporations are people, my friend” crowd.
just like a dem to defend corps.
ust like a dem to defend corps.
Is it?
Not defending anything other than reality.

How would Florida state law be enforced against a business not located or licensed within the state? IOW, what recourse would the state have if Facebook were not compliant?

How does California collect taxes against businesses not located in the state?

There's a reason you're a Nazi, it's because you're not particularly bright.
How does California collect taxes against businesses not located in the state?

There's a reason you're a Nazi, it's because you're not particularly bright
You’ve explained nothing. Care to try again?

Yeah, hair-splitting aside, I don't think it matters. No one should be forced to accommodate someone else against their will, regardless of their reason for refusing.
And I sincerely wish we lived in a country where that was a legitimate option.
It's the only legitimate option for a free society
Derp...
But then the society is only free to those who are accommodated.

That becomes problematic in a country where the founding principles are equality and freedom.

Freedom doesn't mean you will be accommodated. That's a false conception of freedom that undermines actual liberty.

Also, "equality" is not a founding premise. Maybe you're thinking of "equal rights under the law", an entirely different concern.

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

I'm thinking youre a little confused how the 1st A works,,,
Nope. You are.

Tell that to the Citizens United and
“corporations are people, my friend” crowd.
just like a dem to defend corps.
ust like a dem to defend corps.
Is it?
Not defending anything other than reality.
and the reality is youre defending big corps...

no it isnt,, they are a platform not a publisher,,
Yes. A platform with terms outlining the acceptable use of it’s service and the possible consequences for continued violations of those terms agreed to by the user.
they dont apply their terms equally and some didnt violate the terms and were still banned,,
they dont apply their terms equally and some didnt violate the terms and were still banned,,
There is no equivalence. The RWer deplorables are in their own league when it comes to trolling or “owning the libs”. No one is obliged to host your bullshit. Outlining reasonable expectations of decorum and punishing violators is how society functions. It’s not tyranny.

Yes. A platform with terms outlining the acceptable use of it’s service and the possible consequences for continued violations of those terms agreed to by the user.
There is no equivalence. The RWer deplorables are in their own league when it comes to trolling or “owning the libs”. No one is obliged to host your bullshit. Outlining reasonable expectations of decorum and punishing violators is how society functions. It’s not tyranny.
republicans are left wing not right,, just not as far left as dems,,

doesnt change the fact your defending big corps.

So, quit bitching about Desantis, because it's no different.
It’s not. This is Desantis being a little thug to protect his own party.
I agree. It's no different. PA laws were a necessary evil for a period of time, but now they are the tyrant's tool. You're getting a taste of it right here.
I agree. It's no different. PA laws were a necessary evil for a period of time, but now they are the tyrant's tool. You're getting a taste of it right here.
Nonsense.
Those removed or banned were initially accommodated. Their continuing behaviors led to their removal.
Separate but "equal"?
Separate but "equal"?
No.
More like GTFO. You were repeatedly warned about your behavior.

Yeah, hair-splitting aside, I don't think it matters. No one should be forced to accommodate someone else against their will, regardless of their reason for refusing.
Derp...

That becomes problematic in a country where the founding principles are equality and freedom.

Freedom doesn't mean you will be accommodated. That's a false conception of freedom that undermines actual liberty.

Also, "equality" is not a founding premise. Maybe you're thinking of "equal rights under the law", an entirely different concern.
How free is someone if they cannot get a job, buy a home, educate themselves or their family, seek healthcare, buy supplies or groceries, travel freely, etc?

Without accommodation, a person can be completely disenfranchised from society. We’ve certainly seen this to be true.

Equality is perhaps the foremost founding principle. Without it. No one is free if anyone can be disenfranchised.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Note that life, liberty and happiness come after equality.

This is the 21st century CRA.
Social media treats certain groups unfairly. Just like some groups of people treated blacks unfairly.
You fascists on the left should love this!

Derp...

How free is someone if they cannot get a job, buy a home, educate themselves or their family, seek healthcare, buy supplies or groceries, travel freely, etc?

You're mixing up a lot of shit here. But mostly, you're conflating freedom and empowerment. They're not the same thing. The freedom to seek employment doesn't mean you'll find a job. The freedom to buy a home doesn't mean you'll be able to afford one. Just like freedom of speech doesn't mean anyone will listen to you, or post your shit on their website.

Without accommodation, a person can be completely disenfranchised from society. We’ve certainly seen this to be true.

I suppose so. If ALL of society refused to accommodate a person, that would be the case. But if that ever actually happened, what kind of person would we be talking about? How deplorable would someone have to be for ALL of society to refuse to associate with them? And why would you want to force people to accommodate such a person?

Equality is perhaps the foremost founding principle. Without it. No one is free if anyone can be disenfranchised.

You seem to have a radically different conception of freedom. Political freedom means you can't be arrested for doing something. It doesn't mean other people have to cater to your wishes.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Note that life, liberty and happiness come after equality.

Note also that it doesn't say all men are equal. Says they were created equal. It means they have equal rights, that they all have equal status under the law. Not that everyone must be equally empowered by society.

The crazy thing about the "equal empowerment" notion, is that it actually undermines equal rights under the law. In order for government to ensure that everyone is equally empowered it inevitably treats people differently.

Social media treats certain groups unfairly. Just like some groups of people treated blacks unfairly.

trump signed a contract with Facebook when he clicked agreement to their TOS rules. In those rules he agreed with Facebook that if he violated those rules and broke that contract, Facebook has the right to kick him off.

trump signed a contract with Facebook. trump violated that contract. Facebook legally invokes their right to kick him off.

trump agreed that Facebook can kick him off if he violated the contract.

It's as simple as that.

Now trump, you and his followers are crying and bitching about it. Tough. Deal with it and stop your crying like a little baby.

And this is the material point.

They love fascist tyranny when it helps them or one of their pet groups. No principles.

trump signed a contract with Facebook when he clicked agreement to their TOS rules. In those rules he agreed with Facebook that if he violated those rules and broke that contract, Facebook has the right to kick him off.

trump signed a contract with Facebook. trump violated that contract. Facebook legally invokes their right to kick him off.

trump agreed that Facebook can kick him off if he violated the contract.

It's as simple as that.

Now trump, you and his followers are crying and bitching about it. Tough. Deal with it and stop your crying like a little baby.
Funny. When the same is said to you about crying like a little baby, you do exactly as Desantis and start forcing people to do things that benefit you. How childish.

Forum List

Back