Florida Candidate Charlie Crist Unveils Gun Violence Prevention Plan In Democrat Gov Comeback Campaign Against Governor Ron DeSantis

We had concealed carry for 20 years, then licensed open or concealed for six and now we have constitutonal carry with few limitations. We still have licensed carry as well for those who want to travel out of the state and enjoy cross boarder reciprocity.

Somehow despite all the histrionic predictions of Texas devolving into a "shoot on sight state" with gun fights at high noon in every town all we've done is keep violent crime down.

We also have very "user friendly" self defense laws and protections.
In Florida we are working on getting Constitutional carry. It didn’t pass this year but may next.

Texas is indeed a gun friendly state.

Generally it's people outside of official gov't channels, party activists and supporters.

It seems now we live in a world where reality TV and other sources of "entertainment" have reduced much of the population to the same levels as those who would watch the spectacles in the arena in Rome 2000 years ago.
I feel a good percentage of our population would love to see gladiators fight to the death in the ring.

Unlike any politician I've observed of the last 50 years Trump had an amazing capacity to give them all the ammo they needed and he walked around with a "Kick Me" sign at the same time then threw tantrums when they did.

I still think he was right on with probably 85-90% of his policies but he was a constant walking disaster otherwise and left both the Party and The Nation far more divided as a result.
He just needed to act a little more “presidential” but he just couldn’t force himself to do so. He also could have used more humor to attack his opponents,

He just needed to act a little more “presidential” but he just couldn’t force himself to do so. He also could have used more humor to attack his opponents,
Like I said, it's a Temperament and Personality issue.

The left learned quick how to jerk his chain and get him to respond on command and he gave them endless opportunities and ammo.

I wish it wasn't true, I was real happy with most of his policy decisions etc but he's just not the man for the job to start healing the divide in the US.

Like I said, it's a Temperament and Personality issue.

The left learned quick how to jerk his chain and get him to respond on command and he gave them endless opportunities and ammo.

I wish it wasn't true, I was real happy with most of his policy decisions etc but he's just not the man for the job to start healing the divide in the US.
I agree. Trump is a very divisive person. You either love or hate him.

I agree. Trump is a very divisive person. You either love or hate him.
I don't hate him, I just know he's not the right man for the job. We're far too much driven by emotion and not nearly enough by logic and reasoning as country these days.

I see that you're among the majority who are easily programmed by mass media talking points, and dutifully parrot those points with all of the requisite faux outrage and hyperbole. I bet your mother is proud of her little robot.
Actually I thought that was pretty articulate. Some thought went into it.

Talking points suck. They're going to be the death of this country.

The very FIRST thing I learned about politics is to shut my ears. All politicians are liars, every one of them. So tune them out, and instead watch what they DO.

Only cause the governor is a pandering job killing pos.
Man, you've got it bad.

1648200548222.png

1648200612604.png

The only thing hurting us right now are Biden's idiotic energy policies.

I feel a good percentage of our population would love to see gladiators fight to the death in the ring.
Sadly I think we're both right.

Civility seems to be all but dead and both sides are running mostly on hate because they have nothing else.

I was hoping the situation in Ukraine would help to pull us together as a country as we counted our blessings but faith too is also sadly lacking.

It's going to take divine intervention and someone like Reagan to pull this nation back together and start us healing from the last 12-16 years of an ever growing divide.

That's utterly ridiculous. You might as well claim running a small family business is the same as running a Fortune 500 company.

If you truly believe this you know nothing about managing a business or a bureaucracy.

I don't feel like limiting my vote for President to the governors of 3-4 States. Hell even Senators I think have the level of experience necessary.

Sadly I think we're both right.

Civility seems to be all but dead and both sides are running mostly on hate because they have nothing else.

I was hoping the situation in Ukraine would help to pull us together as a country as we counted our blessings but faith too is also sadly lacking.

It's going to take divine intervention and someone like Reagan to pull this nation back together and start us healing from the last 12-16 years of an ever growing divide.
Of maybe space aliens stop a nuclear war with their advanced Technology.

Of maybe space aliens stop a nuclear war with their advanced Technology.

So aliens are concerned about our nuclear weapons destroying the planet, but not about greenhouse gasses causing climate change? But, if climate change was a real thing, wouldn't these aliens be shutting down every airplane, truck and passenger vehicle on the road? Hey, maybe that's why aliens seem so interested in cows! It's all about the cow farts! The mystery is finally solved

Last edited:
So aliens are concerned about our nuclear weapons destroying the planet, but not about greenhouse gasses causing climate change? But, if climate change was a real thing, wouldn't these aliens be shutting down every airplane, truck and passenger vehicle on the road? Hey, maybe that's why aliens seem so interested in cows! It's all about the cow farts! The mystery is finally solved
Perhaps the aliens agree with conservatives that climate change is not a big deal. They may not believe in your Global Warming religion. Liberals have been making wild predictions for years that have not come true.

If we end up in an all out nuclear war we will not have to worry about global warming, Those who survive will have endure a global wInter.

Perhaps the aliens agree with conservatives that climate change is not a big deal. They may not believe in your Global Warming religion. Liberals have been making wild predictions for years that have not come true.

If we end up in an all out nuclear war we will not have to worry about global warming, Those who survive will have endure a global wInter.
My global warming religion? Boy, you really missed the sarcasm.

As for your other point, you seriously underestimate the idiocy of the left. They think "a little bit of nuclear winter" would be a good thing:

IMG_20220310_085945.jpg

Methane powered warp drives? :auiqs.jpg:

Any race capable of crossing the vast distances of the universe to get here would have about as much interest in conditions here as a kid does with his ant farm and see us through the same eyes.

Methane powered warp drives? :auiqs.jpg:
That would be a little different than the scene at the end of Back to the Future, when Christopher Lloyd tosses an old steak and half a beer into his Mr Fusion Home Energy Reactor.

This one would be like "please fart into the hose". "Are there any cows around?" :p

Forum List

Back