Florida Bans Sanctuary Cities

I suspect it was due to being a Republican state which will continue to discriminate against voting rights.

How are they going to "force" local law enforcement to cooperate? Arrest the Chief of Police? Cut off their funding?

This could be really harmful to LE's ability to get cooperation from the Hispanic community. We'll see if it helps.

How are they going to "force" local law enforcement to cooperate? Arrest the Chief of Police? Cut off their funding?

This could be really harmful to LE's ability to get cooperation from the Hispanic community. We'll see if it helps.
Good point.
Maybe TN will start a sanctuary for murderers so our LEOs get cooperation from the murdering community:p

Good point.
Maybe TN will start a sanctuary for murderers so our LEOs get cooperation from the murdering community:p
Illegals are embedded throughout the Hispanic community, TN. If one witnesses a robbery but fears coming forward because he might be deported, LE has lost.

I suspect it was due to being a Republican state which will continue to discriminate against voting rights.
If Trump loves this country and wants to make America great again he would do the right thing for America and resign immediately.

The let's aid and abet lawlessness so we get less of it argument....brilliant

I would imagine that local and county LEO's and sheriff's that don't cooperate with federal authorities will be fined by state level authorities. This will target and penalize local progressive enclaves that pursue these type of policies financially. It seems a rather straight forward wealth transference strategy.

I think more to the point of what you are asking? How would they catch them doing this? Probably the State Police finding unenforced cooperation or illegals in county jails not reported. . . . :dunno:

It's not my argument. It is the argument of chiefs of police all over the country.
And as for the other "sanctuary" policies? Our late asshole governor Paul Lepage tried cutting Portland's funding for being a sanctuary city because the City welfare folks refused to cut off anyone who came to them for emergency assistance with shelter or food. It is a small amount of money which can be given annually to residents that are in absolutely dire straits. They refused to ask for proof of citizenship before giving it (usually a few days lodging in a motel). The governor lost.

It's not my argument. It is the argument of chiefs of police all over the country.
And as for the other "sanctuary" policies? Our late asshole governor Paul Lepage tried cutting Portland's funding for being a sanctuary city because the City welfare folks refused to cut off anyone who came to them for emergency assistance with shelter or food. It is a small amount of money which can be given annually to residents that are in absolutely dire straits. They refused to ask for proof of citizenship before giving it (usually a few days lodging in a motel). The governor lost.
Dont care whose it is it's nonsense.

Fuck portland and their treasonous bullshit

This is less about enforcement of the law, and more about the State asserting it's control over local government.

Remember that in the US, a citizens sovereignty flows UP to the State government via the State's constitution, and then flows DOWN to any local governments created by the State via their constitution. Power does not flow up from the people, to the local governments, and then to the State governments, but as I described below.

A person's voting rights and representation come from the State first, and then to any other local governments so delegated by the State government.

"experts" perp all kind of craziness and you never question it cause ,...."experts". Pathetic

I would imagine that local and county LEO's and sheriff's that don't cooperate with federal authorities will be fined by state level authorities. This will target and penalize local progressive enclaves that pursue these type of policies financially. It seems a rather straight forward wealth transference strategy.

I think more to the point of what you are asking? How would they catch them doing this? Probably the State Police finding unenforced cooperation or illegals in county jails not reported. . . . :dunno:
My understanding is that when an illegal is being released from jail, ICE is notified by LE. ICE then says "hold onto 'em for a couple more days 'til we can get there.' THAT is the rub. ICE doesn't offer to pay for the extra days incarceration and who knows if it would even be legal. Whenever we released an inmate, if there was another jurisdiction waiting to take him for another bid, that jurisdiction was waiting at the door to take the guy away.
Why can't ICE get its act together and do that?

My understanding is that when an illegal is being released from jail, ICE is notified by LE. ICE then says "hold onto 'em for a couple more days 'til we can get there.' THAT is the rub. ICE doesn't offer to pay for the extra days incarceration and who knows if it would even be legal. Whenever we released an inmate, if there was another jurisdiction waiting to take him for another bid, that jurisdiction was waiting at the door to take the guy away.
Why can't ICE get its act together and do that?
I think that is a fair question

Forum List

Back