Fixing Problems

1. Impeach the stuttering fuck and his cackling shit clown. Not worried about Nanzi taking over - it would overdose on a mixture of vodka, xanax and stool softener inside of a week.

2. Drag America-hating democrats through the streets and teach our children to shit on their carcasses.

Follow me for other ideas to save the country.
LOL you arent going to do #2 because you're a coward.

There most definitely is a truck driver shortage. My son is a trucker. The trucking companies treat their drivers like shit, which has led to a shortage.

The American Trucking Associations estimates that in 2021 the truck driver shortage will hit a historic high of just over 80,000 drivers.

There can't possibly be a truck driver shortage. He saw a bunch of trucks on the road.

2020 was the first year that there were more tax takers than tax payers. In other words, too many people getting a free ride already, you want to make it worse?
I agree that gimme programs need to be curtailed. That will help.

But certain jobs never paid much to begin with...no money in them... never was.

If we eliminate the taxes on these jobs like meat processing the employers aren't out anything but all the workers would instantly get a raise in pay... making it much more attractive. A double carrot and stick at the same time.

So they were treated like shit only in the past two years?

Again, this issue by itself I am a bit isolated thanks to having a major transportation headquarters just a couple of miles to the south of me.
It takes more than two years to accumulate an 80,000 driver shortage. They've been treated like shit for a very long time.

Labor shortages can be addressed by tax credits or by erasing the taxes on gratuities and no longer requiring employers to actually pay Waitstaff.
Here's an idea. Instead of always looking for government solutions, how about companies solve their labor shortage with better pay? That's the REAL problem.

It takes more than two years to accumulate an 80,000 driver shortage. They've been treated like shit for a very long time.
If they gave tax credits to owner operators and small logistics companies...that would raise the pay for most of them... including the docks where most trucks get stuck waiting for hours. (Making nothing while not driving)

Tax credits take too long and doesn't really address the issues. Plus, the whole labor shortage is much, much bigger than going out to eat.
Example: my daughter works for a foster home where they will have disabled kids. They had to fire about 1/3 of their staff because of vaccine mandates and thanks to her living in a very blue state [WA], they are throwing money at people to not work.

Cut off the free money to people who are no longer working. Hungry people adds motivation to get a job.
My daughter works in an assisted living facility. She has to wipe the asses of the elderly several times a day. And when the Alzheimer's patients smear their entire rooms with their own shit, she has to clean it up.

The facility pays her $13 an hour and can't figure out why they have a severe labor shortage. Hint: It has fuck-all to do with vaccine mandates.

As soon as my daughter gets her CNA certification, she's out of there.

If they gave tax credits to owner operators and small logistics companies...that would raise the pay for most of them... including the docks where most trucks get stuck waiting for hours. (Making nothing while not driving)
Why do you keep expecting the government to solve our problems? Geezus!

You are just enabling the problem.

Got a better idea?
Sure. The employers should pay a fair wage, and treat their employees fairly, and they will have all the employees they need. When McDonalds averages more than a billion in profit each year, and their employees barely make minimum wage, it's not the taxpayer's responsibility to pay the difference.

My daughter works in an assisted living facility. She has to wipe the asses of the elderly several times a day. And when the Alzheimer's patients smear their entire rooms with their own shit, she has to clean it up.

The facility pays her $13 an hour and can't figure out why they have a severe labor shortage. Hint: It has fuck-all to do with vaccine mandates.

As soon as my daughter gets her CNA certification, she's out of there.
I get it. That pretty describes what my daughter does but instead of the elderly, she works with kids with the same kind of issues [although she is more in the social services world]. Vaccine mandates has shut down that world and it already runs on a shoestring.

And I live in an area that is the headquarters for the one of the biggest transportation companies and the worlds largest retail.

The Truck Driver Shortage Doesn’t Exist. Saying There Is One Makes Conditions Worse for Drivers
Experts say reports of an American truck driver shortage are overblown
From your link:

Those numbers speak to the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people who become truck drivers every year—some with their training subsidized by the government—only to find that the job pays much less than they’d been led to believe, and that working conditions in the industry are terrible.

Exactly as I said.

The article is playing games with words. The fact is, while there may be a lot of people with CDL licenses, they aren't applying to be truck drivers, or when they do they quit not long after, because the conditions suck.

So the shortage is real.

Those numbers speak to the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people who become truck drivers every year—some with their training subsidized by the government—only to find that the job pays much less than they’d been led to believe, and that working conditions in the industry are terrible.

Exactly as I said.
Welcome to the real world - wear a cup.

Edit: My step sons have been wondering around aimlessly in the job market because they were told for too long that they just need to follow their passions.
Crain operator [not too many of those jobs]
Construction [tough work and difficult to find work due to illegal workers]
Expert Gamer YouTuber. Yeah, that didn't go well

Turns out, life is just tougher than what many people were prepared for.

Last edited:
Why do you keep expecting the government to solve our problems? Geezus!

You are just enabling the problem.
I don't expect them to solve the problems...I expect us to solve our own.
BUT
I do expect our government to help us help ourselves and not provide extra roadblocks that keep the problems or make them grow exponentially.

BUT
I do expect our government to help us help ourselves and not provide extra roadblocks that keep the problems or make them grow exponentially.
The government is not in the way of employers raising wages.

Giving them tax credits just enables them to continue their bad practices. Huge mistake.

BUT
The roadblocks are thrown up by greedy business owners. The government should knock at least some of them down by requiring a fair minimum wage and fair treatment and safety for employees.

Welcome to the real world - wear a cup.

Edit: My step sons have been wondering around aimlessly in the job market because they were told for too long that they just need to follow their passions.
Crain operator [not too many of those jobs]
Construction [tough work and difficult to find work due to illegal workers]
Expert Gamer YouTuber. Yeah, that didn't go well

Turns out, life is just tougher than what many people were prepared for.
The world you old timer animals helped create in America is no longer sustainable. That should be evident by first the teacher strikes a few years ago, now more recently factory strikes. The average Joe ie the bottom 95% of working Americans is FINALLY waking up to that fact. Worker to CEO pay in the US is at its highest and the spread is the greatest among all 1st world countries. People have had enough of this shit. Paying people less and less relative to their upper management counterparts is not a sustainable American business plan. The chickens have come home to roost. Hopefully it's not too late to fix things because the obvious next stage is violence.

The world you old timer animals helped create in America is no longer sustainable. That should be evident by first the teacher strikes a few years ago, now more recently factory strikes. The average Joe ie the bottom 95% of working Americans is FINALLY waking up to that fact. Worker to CEO pay in the US is at its highest and the spread is the greatest among all 1st world countries. People have had enough of this shit. Paying people less and less relative to their upper management counterparts is not a sustainable American business plan. The chickens have come home to roost. Hopefully it's not too late to fix things because the obvious next stage is violence.
Commie Joe?
Out of touch here - workers are making more now than ever before.
But go ahead, the lazy generation.

Forum List

Back