Chris Sununu: ‘Everything is on the table’ for 2024...The New Hampshire governor touts his libertarian governing record

From the OP link:

Sununu, on the other hand, has chosen a classically conservative path: Let local governments, individual businesses, and school districts choose the best path for themselve. Most of the state’s public schools still have mask requirements in place, for example, but they’re each free to make their own policies.

“When you tell people they must [do something], right there you’ve broken the third rail. It’s now big government intervening. There are a lot of things I want businesses to do, but that doesn’t mean I pass a law and force them to do it. It’s reactionary,” Sununu told National Journal. “I don’t believe in government-driven vaccine mandates, but businesses have already had the right to impose a vaccine requirement for their employers way before we even heard the word COVID.”

Kudos to Sununu!

Personally, I can't see Gov. Sununu primarying President Trump in 2024.

But I will say this, attacking the 74 million Little Trumpsters is not a path to success in the general election for a Republican.

The Party might as well just "mail in it" if that's their strategy.

From the OP link:

Sununu, on the other hand, has chosen a classically conservative path: Let local governments, individual businesses, and school districts choose the best path for themselve. Most of the state’s public schools still have mask requirements in place, for example, but they’re each free to make their own policies.

“When you tell people they must [do something], right there you’ve broken the third rail. It’s now big government intervening. There are a lot of things I want businesses to do, but that doesn’t mean I pass a law and force them to do it. It’s reactionary,” Sununu told National Journal. “I don’t believe in government-driven vaccine mandates, but businesses have already had the right to impose a vaccine requirement for their employers way before we even heard the word COVID.”

Kudos to Sununu!
And that is how you get a hodgepodge of laws that a citizen in another part of the state or even in a adjoining jurisdiction would have no way of knowing and is the folly of Large L Libertarian governance.....I guess that's why nobody really governs that way and why Large L libertarians are looked upon as bat-shit crazy.

• Banned
Biden just read out this Sununu quote at his press conference to make a point about GOP obstructionism

FJeF7kgWUAAZjkj

• Banned
excerpts from op article:

“Everything is on the table,” Sununu said. “I have to get reelected in 2022. After that, we’ll see what comes.” Asked if he was more popular than former President Trump in his state, Sununu made a national pitch for his New Hampshire record: “They should love the fact that I’m the most fiscally responsible governor in the country. I’ve led the turnaround to now being the freest state in the country. And frankly, when it comes to COVID, we’re one of the best-managed states in the country.”

Sununu’s record made him one of the most coveted Senate recruits in the country last year, yet he told National Journal he was never that interested in serving as one of 100 senators in a legislature, preferring to make big-picture executive decisions as governor—especially during a pandemic that’s still raging in his home state. He added that he was disappointed that none of the many Republican senators he talked to—including Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Rick Scott—were committed to balancing the budget and restraining entitlement spending.

“I won’t call out any of them individually other than to say collectively that I didn’t get a sense that my priorities were aligned with their priorities,” Sununu said. “What does Congress fundamentally do? They vote for funding up or down and then they’re done. There’s no innovation. There’s no interaction. There’s nothing. So yeah, that’s not very fulfilling for me.”

Sununu added: “It’s hard on family with irrational scrutiny. Being scrutinized is fine, but the irrational anxiety of what’s out there on both sides can be gut-wrenching. If I’m going to go through all that, I’m damn well going to get something done for my citizens.”

Forum List

Back