First Joe Burrow Game...

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
So despite a rough start, Joe Burrow drove the Bengals down the field in the last seconds of the game and completed a game-winning TD to AJ Green... then the refs called Green for offensive pass interference in what was ticky-tacky compared to non-calls during the rest of the game. Then with 7 seconds left in the game the Bengals bring in Randy Bullock to kick a game-tying FG from only 30 yards which is shorter than an extra-point now. He misses it! He immediately grabs his calf and after the game says he got a cramp in his left calf mid-kick that caused him to miss. Here is a picture right after his miss. Notice any issue?
Bullock.jpg

The ONLY issue here I see is that Borrows needs to do a Carson Palmer ASAP and get on a real team that is not so dysfunctional and/or cursed.

Or suffer a similar injury because he has no team around him.

The ONLY issue here I see is that Borrows needs to do a Carson Palmer ASAP and get on a real team that is not so dysfunctional and/or cursed.

He blamed a cramp in his left calf after the game, but was caught grabbing his right one right after the kick. The guy missed a game-tying bunny shot and tried to immediately blame it on a fake injury. He needs cut like yesterday.

His name should be Randy bollocks.

He blamed a cramp in his left calf after the game, but was caught grabbing his right one right after the kick. The guy missed a game-tying bunny shot and tried to immediately blame it on a fake injury. He needs cut like yesterday.

The entire franchise has needed cut since 1990.

I used to follow this pathetic team but stopped in the mid 1990's. There I was, turning on the team to watch another horrible performance by a team that died the year Paul Brown died in 1990. And what do I see? They were playing at home in Cincinnati and there appeared a tarp covering their own players. The announcers seemed baffled and first and then later said the tarp was placed there to protect them from their own fans who were starting to pelt them with anything they could find, rocks, bottles, anything because they played so horribly. It was at this point I started asking the dreaded questions. What team does this? Is this their answer for being so bad, etc? I then switched it off and never looked back. One of the best decisions I ever made.

You must understand the history here to understand the problem. Paul Brown lost control of the Browns to Art Modell and being pissed off he created the Bengals to kick their arse, which they did. But a result of the takeover left Paul Brown paranoid and isolated. He had no GM, no scouts, nothing, it was just him going to 2 Super Bowls he almost won all by himself because he knew what he was doing. Then he died, and taking over was his idiot son who was only a lawyer. But this same sort of paranoia remained. No GM, not scouts, etc., just a huge vacuum remained. Now the team is a family business, with his mother-in-law doing the scouting, his nephew doing the recruiting, etc.

And when Mike Brown dies he will leave the team to his idiot daughter.

There is no hope here. NONE!

The Bengals have gone the longest of any NFL team to not win a playoff game, the last one being in 1990.

I used to follow this pathetic team but stopped in the mid 1990's. There I was, turning on the team to watch another horrible performance by a team that died the year Paul Brown died in 1990. And what do I see? They were playing at home in Cincinnati and there appeared a tarp covering their own players. The announcers seemed baffled and first and then later said the tarp was placed there to protect them from their own fans who were starting to pelt them with anything they could find, rocks, bottles, anything because they played so horribly. It was at this point I started asking the dreaded questions. What team does this? Is this their answer for being so bad, etc? I then switched it off and never looked back. One of the best decisions I ever made.

You must understand the history here to understand the problem. Paul Brown lost control of the Browns to Art Modell and being pissed off he created the Bengals to kick their arse, which they did. But a result of the takeover left Paul Brown paranoid and isolated. He had no GM, no scouts, nothing, it was just him going to 2 Super Bowls he almost won. Then he died, and taking over was his idiot son who was only a lawyer. But this same sort of paranoia remained. No GM, not scouts, etc. Now the team is a family business, with his mother-in-law doing the scouting, his nephew doing the recruiting, etc.

The Bengals have gone the longest of any NFL team to not win a playoff game, the last one being in 1990.

I know the history as I have been a Bengals fan since birth and can remember staying up late to watch the 1981 Super Bowl and them losing because of a 49ers goal line stand. Or course they lost to Bill Walsh who should have been coaching the Bengals instead of the 49ers, but Paul Brown gave the head coaching job to Tiger Johnson instead of Walsh when he retired. The team could be in a totally different place right now if not for that pick.

You must understand the history here to understand the problem. Paul Brown lost control of the Browns to Art Modell and being pissed off he created the Bengals to kick their arse, which they did. But a result of the takeover left Paul Brown paranoid and isolated. He had no GM, no scouts, nothing, it was just him going to 2 Super Bowls he almost won. Then he died, and taking over was his idiot son who was only a lawyer. But this same sort of paranoia remained. No GM, not scouts, etc. Now the team is a family business, with his mother-in-law doing the scouting, his nephew doing the recruiting, etc.

I know the history as I have been a Bengals fan since birth and can remember staying up late to watch the 1981 Super Bowl and them losing because of a 49ers goal line stand. Or course they lost to Bill Walsh who should have been coaching the Bengals instead of the 49ers, but Paul Brown gave the head coaching job to Tiger Johnson instead of Walsh when he retired. The team could be in a totally different place right now if not for that pick.
There are some teams that deserve a Super Bowl. The Bengals are one of them. If Burrows has the talent, he can not be neutered like other QB's have been by organizations.

There are some teams that deserve a Super Bowl. The Bengals are one of them. If Burrows has the talent, he can not be neutered like other QB's have been by organizations.

A team started by one of the most influential NFL people of all-time certainly deserves a Super Bowl win.

So far they have lost 2 of the most exciting Super Bowls of all-time.

No, an organization that is as inept and cheap as the Bungles that was rated by ESPN as being, not just the worst organization in the NFL, but in all of professional sports, does NOT deserve a Super Bowl.

The ONLY reason the Bengals made it to the playoffs under Mike Brown, even though they lost those games, is because the city built them a state of the art stadium courtesy of taxpayer expense, being millions of dollars over budget. Then when they continued to be as bad as they were before the stadium was built, the city sued Mike Brown as they underlined the verbiage on the contract stating that the taxpayers were providing him the stadium to field a "competitive team". Well Mike Brown being a lawyer then got Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer and went to the playoffs in over 2 decades. But even though they lost, and have never won a playoff game under Mike Brown, the city could no longer say that they were not competitive.

So Mike Brown will ONLY be interested in being legally competitive, he has no interest in winning a Super Bowl.

No, an organization that is as inept and cheap as the Bungles that was rated by ESPN as being, not just the worst organization in the NFL, but in all of professional sports, does NOT deserve a Super Bowl.

The ONLY reason the Bengals made it to the playoffs under Mike Brown, even though they lost those games, is because the city built them a state of the art stadium courtesy of taxpayer expense, being millions of dollars over budget. Then when they continued to be as bad as they were before the stadium was built, the city sued Mike Brown as they underlined the verbiage on the contract stating that the taxpayers were providing him the stadium to field a "competitive team". Well Mike Brown being a lawyer then got Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer and went to the playoffs in over 2 decades. But even though they lost, and have never won a playoff game under Mike Brown, the city could no longer say that they were not competitive.

So Mike Brown will ONLY be interested in being legally competitive, he has no interest in winning a Super Bowl.

The "Bengals" are not just Mike Brown and his family. They are a collective of fans that have stuck with the team through thick and thin for several years and didn't give up on them when Brown was all about profit and not winning.

One thing you left out about your rant on the stadium and taxes... the guy they negotiated the deal with, they later hired to work for the team.

The "Bengals" are not just Mike Brown and his family. They are a collective of fans that have stuck with the team through thick and thin for several years and didn't give up on them when Brown was all about profit and not winning.

One thing you left out about your rant on the stadium and taxes... the guy they negotiated the deal with, they later hired to work for the team.

I tell people that I did not give up on my team, rather, my team gave up on me.

This is not just ordinary losing, or being down on your luck. No, this is far more dysfunctional.

Again, how many professional teams do you know of that has erected a tarp to protect their own players from their own fans?

Hmm?

More trivia, there have been 4 teams in the NFL to go 0-6 to start the season 4 times. The Bengals are not only one of those teams, they have done it 7 times, 6 of those times under Mike Brown.

No, the Bungs will NEVER win a playoff game. Mark it down.

It is easy money in Vegas.

This is not just ordinary losing, or being down on your luck. No, this is far more dysfunctional.

Again, how many professional teams do you know of that has erected a tarp to protect their own players from their own fans?

Hmm?

More trivia, there have been 4 teams in the NFL to go 0-6 to start the season 4 times. The Bengals are not only one of those teams, they have done it 7 times, 6 of those times under Mike Brown.

Some years ago I read that the Bengals stadium had some issues on the financing. The county it is in has to pay the freight for it. Also the Bengals have a smaller scouting staff among other things. They had some half decent drafts and signed good players available with questionable backgrounds hoping to keep them under control. Supposedly Marvin Lewis had a reputation to be able to do just that. A few years ago during a playoff game against the Steelers, two of those players had conniptions and lost the game for the Bengals. Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict. The NFL is so close at times in winning and losing. To many negatives can outweigh the good.

Hmm?

Some years ago I read that the Bengals stadium had some issues on the financing. The county it is in has to pay the freight for it. Also the Bengals have a smaller scouting staff among other things. They had some half decent drafts and signed good players available with questionable backgrounds hoping to keep them under control. Supposedly Marvin Lewis had a reputation to be able to do just that. A few years ago during a playoff game against the Steelers, two of those players had conniptions and lost the game for the Bengals. Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict. The NFL is so close at times in winning and losing. To many negatives can outweigh the good.

They have added more coaches and scouts to the team. They used to depend on the coaches to do the scouting, with a majority of it coming from helping to coach the "bowl games" like the Senior Bowl.

As far as the play you are talking about, it is difficult because their was a Steelers coach that came on the field andwas taunting Bengals players, which should have also been a penalty. The coach was a former player named Joey Porter who has been known for his antics against the Bengals. He and his posse even once started a fight with Bengals player at the time Levi Jones and they ripped off and stole his gold necklace. He didn't even get in trouble with the league for it.

Forum List

Back