First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

What? Where did you get that?

I mean, yes it is always a disappointment when Bama loses. Is there a fan of ANY team that isn't disappointed with a loss?
I just watched the last quarter. I’m glad they replayed it I went to bed early last night.

Let me tell you, that Bama qb played good enough to win. His receivers dropped some well thrown balls. There was 1.09 minute left to go and he threw one the receiver dropped the ball on the 10.

I just watched the last quarter. I’m glad they replayed it I went to bed early last night.

Let me tell you, that Bama qb played good enough to win. His receivers dropped some well thrown balls. There was 1.09 minute left to go and he threw one the receiver dropped the ball on the 10.
he threw 2 picks one for a TD.... Young is a really good player but he struggled a bit last night. Not having is 2 best tgts probably contributed to that but the 2 picks are on him.

What? Where did you get that?

I mean, yes it is always a disappointment when Bama loses. Is there a fan of ANY team that isn't disappointed with a loss?
I didn’t realize before nick saban you guy hadn’t won a national championship since 1990s. Boy I let my dad have it. He insists saban isn’t that good that bama always is great but that’s not true. You guys were on something like a 17 year drought before saban came? I didn’t realize that.

I wonder if Georgia will be good next year. I don’t wonder that about bama. You know they will. The bama of the north is Ohio State

I didn’t realize before nick saban you guy hadn’t won a national championship since 1990s. Boy I let my dad have it. He insists saban isn’t that good that bama always is great but that’s not true. You guys were on something like a 17 year drought before saban came? I didn’t realize that.

I wonder if Georgia will be good next year. I don’t wonder that about bama. You know they will. The bama of the north is Ohio State

Yeah, we sucked for a number of years before Saban got there. A couple of 10 win seasons and a whole lot of losing.

The last championship before Saban was 1992.

Yes, they were. The interceptions were in the last part of the 4th quarter, when Young was desperately trying to get something going.
He came very close to tying the game. It would have taken a 2 point conversion.

I thought Georgia screwed up by not going for 2. If they didn’t get it they’d still be up 7. And if they got the 2 bama would have been down 9.

The biggest problem was the loss of our two best receivers. With Metchie and Williams in the game, Georgia couldn't rush 4 or 5 (or more). Young would have found the receivers (and they would catch the ball).

The biggest problem was the loss of our two best receivers. With Metchie and Williams in the game, Georgia couldn't rush 4 or 5 (or more). Young would have found the receivers (and they would catch the ball).
Your backups are starters anywhere else.

Yes, they were. The interceptions were in the last part of the 4th quarter, when Young was desperately trying to get something going.
The pick 6 was in the 4th. The first INT was the first drive of the 2nd half with Alabama up 3. But both passes were ill advised throws into double coverage if I recall correctly and the INT that was returned for a TD was about 5 yds underthrown.

I think thats a bit of a stretch. Their best WR J Williams was a transfer from OSU because he wasn't good enough to get on the field there.
Williams was a starting wide receiver last season for Ohio State but entered the transfer portal earlier this year because he was uncertain of his role on the team. ... He was concerned because the “receiver room got crowded.” and so he transferred to Alabama.

I think he left because OSU wasn't treating him like the star he was.

Jameson Williams goes full superstar at Alabama after transfer from Ohio State​

All Jameson Williams needed to do to recognize his predicament was glance at the most obvious category on Ohio State’s stat sheet. In the 2021 season, he caught nine passes. It did not matter how much ground those receptions covered or how many touchdowns they produced or even that the team’s most recent season had been truncated by the COVID-19 pandemic and suppressed his numbers. He was a wide receiver who wasn’t seeing the football or the field.

It did not matter, really, that his playing time had been limited by the presence of veteran Chris Olave and Williams’ classmate, Garrett Wilson, because Olave’s decision to return for one final season meant little about that circumstance was likely to change.

And the school where he wished to play, Alabama, was losing a Heisman Trophy winner who played Williams’ position and another so gifted he became the first Crimson Tide player selected in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Williams was a starting wide receiver last season for Ohio State but entered the transfer portal earlier this year because he was uncertain of his role on the team. ... He was concerned because the “receiver room got crowded.” and so he transferred to Alabama.

I think he left because OSU wasn't treating him like the star he was.

Jameson Williams goes full superstar at Alabama after transfer from Ohio State​

All Jameson Williams needed to do to recognize his predicament was glance at the most obvious category on Ohio State’s stat sheet. In the 2021 season, he caught nine passes. It did not matter how much ground those receptions covered or how many touchdowns they produced or even that the team’s most recent season had been truncated by the COVID-19 pandemic and suppressed his numbers. He was a wide receiver who wasn’t seeing the football or the field.

It did not matter, really, that his playing time had been limited by the presence of veteran Chris Olave and Williams’ classmate, Garrett Wilson, because Olave’s decision to return for one final season meant little about that circumstance was likely to change.

And the school where he wished to play, Alabama, was losing a Heisman Trophy winner who played Williams’ position and another so gifted he became the first Crimson Tide player selected in the 2021 NFL Draft.
he made 15 total catches for less than 300 yards over 2 years for OSU. OSU has a Sophomore WR who did more than that in the last bowl game. If he was a starter he was the 7th option after the eligible tackle. Im not saying he’s not a good player but let’s not over sell how good he actually is.

He left because the WR room at OSU was crowded with guys who were better than he was. That’s the bottom line. Good for him. He likely improved his draft stock exponentially by doing so.

he made 15 total catches for less than 300 yards over 2 years for OSU. OSU has a Sophomore WR who did more than that in the last bowl game. If he was a starter he was the 7th option after the eligible tackle. Im not saying he’s not a good player but let’s not over sell how good he actually is.

He left because the WR room at OSU was crowded with guys who were better than he was. That’s the bottom line. Good for him. He likely improved his draft stock exponentially by doing so.
Let's see how he does in the pros and how they do. If he does better, OSU fucked up by not recognizing the talent they had. Let me know if he gets selected higher in the draft that they do.

That happens in team sports. It's why my brother and I quit baseball. The last game we played the coach was out sick so the assistant coach let us play. My brother pitched a 1 hitter. 1 hit away from a perfect game. I went 3 for 4. When the coach got back, we didn't play again for a couple weeks. Then we quit. Fuck him. If we don't play after we proved ourselves, fuck off.

And now this kid is a star on Alabama's team? I read that Alabama lost a bunch of wide receivers to the pros. Anyways, I'm glad they got rid of the rule you have to sit out a year if you transfer.

Weren’t one or both of them after that drop I’m referring to?
Haha. so it’s not the QBs fault he threw 2 picks, one a pick 6 because his receiver dropped a ball?

I’m not sure why people want to romanticize what happened.

Young made some bonehead throws. Big deal he’s a young man who’s still learning. Doesn’t make him a bad QB or even the reason they lost. But he owns some of it maybe even a lot of it. That’s the job though. The QB gets lots of credit in the wins and so lots of blame in the losses. I’m quite certain he’s aware of that and this game won’t frame his career going forward.

Let's see how he does in the pros and how they do. If he does better, OSU fucked up by not recognizing the talent they had. Let me know if he gets selected higher in the draft that they do.

That happens in team sports. It's why my brother and I quit baseball. The last game we played the coach was out sick so the assistant coach let us play. My brother pitched a 1 hitter. 1 hit away from a perfect game. I went 3 for 4. When the coach got back, we didn't play again for a couple weeks. Then we quit. Fuck him. If we don't play after we proved ourselves, fuck off.

And now this kid is a star on Alabama's team? I read that Alabama lost a bunch of wide receivers to the pros. Anyways, I'm glad they got rid of the rule you have to sit out a year if you transfer.
All these guys have talent. You don't make the squad for Alabama or OSU without having talent. Whether or not you shine comes down to a lot of factors. Are you the best guy at your position on your team, does the scheme your team runs suit your skill set, etc. Him being a "star" at Alabama doesn't translate to him being a star somewhere else necessarily. My guess is he saw the talent that Smith-Njigba had and realized he was going to move from the #3 to the #4 WR on the depth chart. Enters the portal and because Alabama didn't have much talent at that position, he was a good fit and stood out.

Forum List

Back