First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

Looks like Georgia will win the National Championship.

Good game, Georgia. Helluva defense.

Better team won. Young made too many mistakes tonight to win. That and Alabama inability to convert red zone trips to TDS vs FGs.

Congratulations Georgia.

That said, It's looking like the regular season + the playoffs get to determine each year which team will play Alabama for the national championship. It's amazing how Alabama is able to say at the top year after year.

Congratulations Georgia.

That said, It's looking like the regular season + the playoffs get to determine each year which team will play Alabama for the national championship. It's amazing how Alabama is able to say at the top year after year.
It is and it isn’t. Great coach, storied history, and success begets success in college football. Players get to choose where they go so vying for a NC most of not all years is a pretty huge recruiting tool. Not saying it’s not hard but it is “easier” when top guys want to come to your program year in and year out. That doesn’t take away from what Coach Saban has accomplished. I think it’s a testament to it.

I am actually really worried about tonight. The Dawgs are out for blood.

And no problem. I have a low tolerance for bullshit stalking.
I went to bed early. Seemed like BAMA was going to win another one. I woke up and boy was I sorry I didn't stay up.

At the beginning it looked like men playing boys. I can't believe Georgia could hang with them. They had a few great players who stepped up.

I love it! A walk on QB wins the national championship.

I went to bed early. Seemed like BAMA was going to win another one. I woke up and boy was I sorry I didn't stay up.

At the beginning it looked like men playing boys. I can't believe Georgia could hang with them. They had a few great players who stepped up.

I love it! A walk on QB wins the national championship.

Seemed pretty even though most of the game. No one was more than 4 points ahead until there were only 3 minutes left in the game when UGA went on a scoring spree.

It is and it isn’t. Great coach, storied history, and success begets success in college football. Players get to choose where they go so vying for a NC most of not all years is a pretty huge recruiting tool. Not saying it’s not hard but it is “easier” when top guys want to come to your program year in and year out. That doesn’t take away from what Coach Saban has accomplished. I think it’s a testament to it.
I agree with you... It is and it isn't. Under the isn't, LSU won the national championship in 2019, mainly because they had a QB head and shoulders more talented than anyone else in college football at the time IMO. Then two years later the LSU head coach gets canned. It takes a great head coach (and perhaps coaching staff) to be able to reload with talent year after year and to develop that talent to their max potential.

I agree with you... It is and it isn't. Under the isn't, LSU won the national championship in 2019, mainly because they had a QB head and shoulders more talented than anyone else in college football at the time IMO. Then two years later the LSU head coach gets canned. It takes a great head coach (and perhaps coaching staff) to be able to reload with talent year after year and to develop that talent to their max potential.
Wasnt there some undercurrent that something beyond coaching was going on with Coach O? I could be wrong on that.

That is one of the reasons Saban is able to still recruit at a very high level. The players know they will have to compete with the best for playing time. But Saban has only to remind them that every player he has recruited, if they stayed 3 years, has at least one Championship ring.

Wasnt there some undercurrent that something beyond coaching was going on with Coach O? I could be wrong on that.

Yeah, Coach O got divorced and was, apparently fucking a bunch of women. They were even coming to practice to watch.

Yeah, Coach O got divorced and was, apparently fucking a bunch of women. They were even coming to practice to watch.
I didn't know about that; however, LSU's win loss record has sucked since they won then national championship in 2019.

Yes it has.

Gosh, for you it's a disappointment if BAMA doesn't win it all every year. 2nd place doesn't make you happy. But for Michigan fans, we'd love to make it to the big game every year and lose. You remind me of Patriot fans compared to Lion's fans. Lion's fans can't even imagine what it would be like to expect to win. No, I take that back. I would compare it to when the Red Wings were great. 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2008. So basically 1 out of every 3 years we won. We expected to win. This must be how you feel.

Gosh, for you it's a disappointment if BAMA doesn't win it all every year. 2nd place doesn't make you happy. But for Michigan fans, we'd love to make it to the big game every year and lose. You remind me of Patriot fans compared to Lion's fans. Lion's fans can't even imagine what it would be like to expect to win. No, I take that back. I would compare it to when the Red Wings were great. 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2008. So basically 1 out of every 3 years we won. We expected to win. This must be how you feel.

What? Where did you get that?

I mean, yes it is always a disappointment when Bama loses. Is there a fan of ANY team that isn't disappointed with a loss?

Forum List

Back