College Football Playoffs

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
We are on the tail end of the 2020 college football season.

Here are my predictions for the conference championship games and the college football playoffs.

First, Alabama will win the SEC championship. The loss to LSU showed Florida to be one-dimensional. They have no running game. A solid pass rush and good coverage will beat them. Whereas, Alabama has both a top level passing game and one of the best running backs playing this year. Also, despite a rocky start, the defense has stepped up and solidified.

Second, Clemson will beat Notre Dame in the Acc championship game. Notre Dame won this matchup earlier in the season. But it took 2 OTs and Clemson was without Trevor Lawrence. This time things will work out differently.

Third, Ohio State will win the Big10 championship game handily.

The final rankings will be:
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Notre Dame

In the semi final, Alabama will beat Notre Dame (again). And Clemson will beat Ohio State.

Once again we will have Bama & Clemson fight for the national championship.

That is exactly my thoughts as well.
We will beat ND. DJ did his part very well in the first matchup. He had almost 500 yards. However, Trevor will open up more big plays. And we will have our full defense back, too. We were missing 5 or 6 starters that game.
They are also saying Justin Ross will be back in time for the semis but IDK. Which will be awesome. That guy is amazing. If he played this year, he would be at top of the WR bracket.
We will beat Ohio St. They have good offense but their D wont be able to stop us.
Alabama, of course, will demolish FL and ND.
Alabama and Clemson will be a good game as always! Im not ready to make a prediction on that yet lol

Here are my predictions for the conference championship games and the college football playoffs.

First, Alabama will win the SEC championship. The loss to LSU showed Florida to be one-dimensional. They have no running game. A solid pass rush and good coverage will beat them. Whereas, Alabama has both a top level passing game and one of the best running backs playing this year. Also, despite a rocky start, the defense has stepped up and solidified.

Second, Clemson will beat Notre Dame in the Acc championship game. Notre Dame won this matchup earlier in the season. But it took 2 OTs and Clemson was without Trevor Lawrence. This time things will work out differently.

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Notre Dame

In the semi final, Alabama will beat Notre Dame (again). And Clemson will beat Ohio State.

They should just fax it and not risk the covid...

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Notre Dame

Rinse/Repeat

Why not just schedule a Championship Game every year with Alabama and Clemson?

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Notre Dame

Rinse/Repeat

Why not just schedule a Championship Game every year with Alabama and Clemson?
LSU won last year. Alabama didnt even make it to the playoffs.

Good analysis, but I hate to see undefeated teams excluded. That's why I favor an 8 team playoff in this order:
1. P5 Champions.
2. Other undefeated teams by ranking.
3. Other teams by ranking.
4. If you don't win your conference, don't complain about being left out.

P.S. As a traditionalist, I would like to see a quarter-final matchup of the P12 and B10 Champions in the Rose Bowl. Complaints about playing too many games is superfluous, since only two teams would be affected.

I support an 8 team playoff

I think it would be an excellent change. But considering how long it took to get any playoffs, I don't expect to see it.
It's all about $$$$. CFP could lose millions if Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina were allowed to play in the championship game.

I think it would do ok. While it is true that neither of those teams have the following that the big teams enjoy. But a lot of people would tune in to watch an underdog give it a good try. More in they made it beyond the opening games.

Here is a hilarious scenario that is actually possible.

If Clemson beat Notre Dame, they will probably switch positions.
If Ohio State loses to Northwestern, OSU will drop enough to put them out. The #5 team is Texas A&M, who is currently beating TN. They would move up to #4.

So the first round of the playoffs would be all reruns. Bama would play Texas A&M for the 2nd time, and Clemson would play Notre Dame for the 3rd time.

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Notre Dame

5) Aggie

suicideicon2.gif

It would be nice to not be tied to a university with perpetual "next year" aspirations.

Maybe I can get a graduate degree from Alabama or something.

The first round of the playoffs has Bama in the Championship game against the winner of the Clemson v. OSU.

The first round of the playoffs has Bama in the Championship game against the winner of the Clemson v. OSU.
Your opening post prediction is looking spot on.

Except I predicted Clemson would beat Ohio State. Almost halftime and Ohio State is up 28-14.

If this holds, it would mean Alabama could beat Notre Dame and Ohio State to win another National Championship. Nothing I would like better.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Your opening post prediction is looking spot on.

Except I predicted Clemson would beat Ohio State. Almost halftime and Ohio State is up 28-14.

If this holds, it would mean Alabama could beat Notre Dame and Ohio State to win another National Championship. Nothing I would like better.
Yeah, its looking bad for Clemson......

Forum List

Back