Firearm ownership...

So you need a big old AK to fight off an out of control government ?

Then why complain about theses guys shooting police ? They are fighting an out of control government .
I have yet to hear ANYONE say that they NEED an AK, there are many who want them, but no one is saying they are needed.
Go spread your fear-mongering elsewhere.

I prefer a Colt Model 6920 with a Leupold VX6 1-6x optic but hey, that is just me.
Colt makes a fine product, but I'm not a fan of the 5.56mm round which is why I prefer my AK-47s. More knockdown power just like with my Colt 1911A1.

2duwfls.jpg

25f7qtx.jpg

30tgdhz.jpg

I have yet to hear ANYONE say that they NEED an AK, there are many who want them, but no one is saying they are needed.
Go spread your fear-mongering elsewhere.
It's just a LW anti-gun ploy. Does someone "need" a computer? A printing press? Go to church? Does every media outlet "need" to have freedom of the press? Does every group of people deserve or "need" the right of assembly? According to LW ideology, these decisions are best left up to the wiser minds of the Washington Elite. They want to rewrite the Constitution in order to bring this elitism decision-making philosophy to become mandatory across the land.

I prefer a Colt Model 6920 with a Leupold VX6 1-6x optic but hey, that is just me.
Colt makes a fine product, but I'm not a fan of the 5.56mm round which is why I prefer my AK-47s. More knockdown power just like with my Colt 1911A1.

2duwfls.jpg

25f7qtx.jpg

R

I love the 1911s but I got rid of all my AKs. I have several .308s (FAL, M1A, AR-10) and a couple of dozen ARs and a M1 Garand and M1 Carbines.

I love the 1911s but I got rid of all my AKs. I have several .308s (FAL, M1A, AR-10) and a couple of dozen ARs and a M1 Garand and M1 Carbines.
I'd love to have an SA M1A, but can't justify the cost so I bought a DPMS Oracle (see below. Including scope and accessories for 2/3 the cost of stock M1A ). I'd love to have both an M1 Garand and M1 carbine, but again, it's a matter of cost efficiency.

2wdzeo7.jpg

I'd love to have an SA M1A, but can't justify the cost so I bought a DPMS Oracle (see below. Including scope and accessories for 2/3 the cost of stock M1A ). I'd love to have both an M1 Garand and M1 carbine, but again, it's a matter of cost efficiency.

2wdzeo7.jpg

I was trained on a M-14 in the military so I had to have a M1A.

I love the FAL as much as the M1A. It is a better scope platform than the M1A but of course the AR-10s are the best for scoping.

I have over the last 20 years tried everything I could think of to scope the M1A and I have been disappointed in every configuration. It is just not made for a scope. I have it iron sights nowadays.

My AR-10 is a Sig Sauer 716. They have a reputation for being jam o'matics but the one I have has never jammed in about a thousand rounds. It takes anything I feed it including reloads.

The M1 Carbine is really a fun gun to shoot. I have a Winchester, Postal Meter and a Rockola.

I was trained on a M-14 in the military so I had to have a M1A.

I love the FAL as much as the M1A. It is a better scope platform than the M1A but of course the AR-10s are the best for scoping.

I have over the last 20 years tried everything I could think of to scope the M1A and I have been disappointed in every configuration. It is just not made for a scope. I have it iron sights nowadays.

My AR-10 is a Sig Sauer 716. They have a reputation for being jam o'matics but the one I have has never jammed in about a thousand rounds. It takes anything I feed it including reloads.

The M1 Carbine is really a fun gun to shoot. I have a Winchester, Postal Meter and a Rockola.

Also trained on the M-14, first in 1973 during JROTC training at Ft. Leonard Wood and then in the Marine Corps July 1975. When I went back for PLC, second increment, in 1977, they'd switched to the M-16A1. I wasn't happy. In JROTC, I was on the rifle team and an expert shot. I shot expert every time I trained on any rifle, but with the M-16 at 500 years, it was 50/50 if I hit black. Still made expert, but I wasn't impressed. Having it jam up on me after being drug through Northern Virginia red mud didn't impress me either. The M-14 and AK-47 work fine in such conditions.

[

Also trained on the M-14, first in 1973 during JROTC training at Ft. Leonard Wood and then in the Marine Corps July 1975. When I went back for PLC, second increment, in 1977, they'd switched to the M-16A1. I wasn't happy. In JROTC, I was on the rifle team and an expert shot. I shot expert every time I trained on any rifle, but with the M-16 at 500 years, it was 50/50 if I hit black. Still made expert, but I wasn't impressed. Having it jam up on me after being drug through Northern Virginia red mud didn't impress me either. The M-14 and AK-47 work fine in such conditions.

I trained on the M-14 in in the Army 1966. When I went to Vietnam in 1967 we were issued the M-14 but after a couple of months were given the M-16 A1. I was glad to get the lighter M-16. The one I had worked fine. Never had a problem. Occasionally somebody in the detachment would have a problem but it was not common.

[

I trained on the M-14 in in the Army 1966. When I went to Vietnam in 1967 we were issued the M-14 but after a couple of months were given the M-16 A1. I was glad to get the lighter M-16. The one I had worked fine. Never had a problem. Occasionally somebody in the detachment would have a problem but it was not common.
Good to hear you didn't have any problems. I expect you didn't shoot more than 100 yards on average in Vietnam.

I can see how the 5.56 is useful at short ranges (less than 300 yards) and, even though it may not kill an enemy, would put them down. In a jungle or a street, it's a decent weapon. Still, the 5.56mm is illegal for big game hunting for good reason.

That said, we can joke how "Generals always prepare to fight the last war", but the same can be said of all those who think they'll see our nation collapse and fight it with AR-15s. My strategy in such an event is guerrilla warfare. Strike hard and from a distance then skedaddle. Pick off Officer and NCOs at 500-700 yards.

GySgt Carlos Hathcock is an inspiration. I had the honor of training under him in 1978.

The Story of Legendary Sniper Carlos Hathcock
...Hathcock took no pleasure in killing. He recounted meticulously the details of his mission until getting to the point of seeing the large red star, a Chinese army emblem, and then casually mumbled that he shot the target.

“I said, ‘No joke, Carlos? You shot a Chinese officer?’ He said, ‘I don’t tell no lies,’ ” Land said.

Probably his most daring and important active-duty mission was when Hathcock shot and killed a North Vietnamese Army general from a range of about 700 yards. Hathcock literally spent days crawling, inches at a time, to get within range of the general’s command post.

A magazine article by Green Beret veteran Charles W. Sasser details that event. Hathcock finally took the shot in an open field, vulnerable to the enemy amassed at the compound.

“When the general came outside with his aide to get into the car, Hathcock pulled his bubble around him so that nothing could disturb his concentration. He no longer felt hunger or thirst or weariness. The general came out onto the little porch. He yawned and stretched in the morning sunlight. Hathcock lowered his cross hairs to the officer’s heart. He was squeezing the trigger when the general’s aide stepped in front of him,” Sasser wrote.

“As soon as the aide stepped aside, exposing the general’s broad tunic, the rifle jarred against Hathcock’s shoulder. The Marine brought the scope out of recoil and saw immediately that the general was down and not moving, which meant a heart shot. The other NVA officers and aides were scrambling for cover.”

After hurrying for the cover of the jungle, it took Hathcock about an hour to meet his getaway helicopter that flew him out of harm’s way.

Hathcock was never hit by an enemy bullet. The closest he came to being killed was when he was in an armored personnel carrier that struck a mine in the Quang Tri Province of Vietnam. Hathcock pulled several Marines from the burning APC, although he, too, was terribly burned from the blast of the large mine. Suffering from second- and third-degree burns over more than 40 percent of his body, he spent months recovering at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. He had more than a dozen skin grafts. He was injured so badly that his sniper days were at an end....

Last edited:
[

Good to hear you didn't have any problems. I expect you didn't shoot more than 100 yards on average in Vietnam.

I can see how the 5.56 is useful at short ranges (less than 300 yards) and, even though it may not kill an enemy, would put them down. In a jungle or a street, it's a decent weapon. Still, the 5.56mm is illegal for big game hunting for good reason.

That said, we can joke how "Generals always prepare to fight the last war", but the same can be said of all those who think they'll see our nation collapse and fight it with AR-15s. My strategy in such an event is guerrilla warfare. Strike hard and from a distance then skedaddle. Pick off Officer and NCOs at 500-700 yards.

GySgt Carlos Hathcock is an inspiration. I had the honor of training under him in 1978.

The Story of Legendary Sniper Carlos Hathcock
...Hathcock took no pleasure in killing. He recounted meticulously the details of his mission until getting to the point of seeing the large red star, a Chinese army emblem, and then casually mumbled that he shot the target.

“I said, ‘No joke, Carlos? You shot a Chinese officer?’ He said, ‘I don’t tell no lies,’ ” Land said.

Probably his most daring and important active-duty mission was when Hathcock shot and killed a North Vietnamese Army general from a range of about 700 yards. Hathcock literally spent days crawling, inches at a time, to get within range of the general’s command post.

A magazine article by Green Beret veteran Charles W. Sasser details that event. Hathcock finally took the shot in an open field, vulnerable to the enemy amassed at the compound.

“When the general came outside with his aide to get into the car, Hathcock pulled his bubble around him so that nothing could disturb his concentration. He no longer felt hunger or thirst or weariness. The general came out onto the little porch. He yawned and stretched in the morning sunlight. Hathcock lowered his cross hairs to the officer’s heart. He was squeezing the trigger when the general’s aide stepped in front of him,” Sasser wrote.

“As soon as the aide stepped aside, exposing the general’s broad tunic, the rifle jarred against Hathcock’s shoulder. The Marine brought the scope out of recoil and saw immediately that the general was down and not moving, which meant a heart shot. The other NVA officers and aides were scrambling for cover.”

After hurrying for the cover of the jungle, it took Hathcock about an hour to meet his getaway helicopter that flew him out of harm’s way.

Hathcock was never hit by an enemy bullet. The closest he came to being killed was when he was in an armored personnel carrier that struck a mine in the Quang Tri Province of Vietnam. Hathcock pulled several Marines from the burning APC, although he, too, was terribly burned from the blast of the large mine. Suffering from second- and third-degree burns over more than 40 percent of his body, he spent months recovering at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. He had more than a dozen skin grafts. He was injured so badly that his sniper days were at an end....

The M-16 is a 200 yd weapon. With M193 or M855 ammo it is lethal enough at typical combat distances.

In Vietnam we very seldom saw what we were shooting at and it was not at great distance. We mostly shot at sounds or movements and the spray and pray capabilities of the M-16 was much more effective than the lesser fire rate M-14.

My son, who was in the invasion of Iraq, said that he never engaged a target with his weapon at a distance of more than 250 yds.

I like the AR platform. I had several AKs over the years but I never really appreciated it very much.

A good thing... Because it's an absolute right.

For black gun owners, bearing arms is a civil rights issue

Excellent article.

6,000,000 Jews would be alive today BUT FOR the fact that Hitler disarmed the population.

The Jews who survived the longer were those at the Warsaw Ghetto who had access to firearms.

Never again

Also wrong.

The ignorant notion that civilians with only small arms could contend with a modern military is as sophomoric as it is ridiculous.

Yo Beavis

You go play with your dildo while real men defend your miserable life.

.And buy the way , you are the motherfucker who wants to ban our AR15's and large capacity magazines.

Man you gun nerds are ponderous ! Well tell
Me what's the best term for a semi auto designed to poke large holes into humans ???

A good thing... Because it's an absolute right.

For black gun owners, bearing arms is a civil rights issue
Wrong.

The Second Amendment right is not ‘absolute.’

Although fundamental and inalienable, it is subject to reasonable restrictions by government:

“Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARM IS ABSOLUTE.

SCOTUS HAS NO AUTHORITY TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION NOR TO TRANSGRESS UPON OUR EXTRA CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

NONE.

Man you gun nerds are ponderous ! Well tell
Me what's the best term for a semi auto designed to poke large holes into humans ???
If you would quit falling down well, you might understand an ar15 is just a sporting rifle great for varmit and hog hunting. Shit for brains
Lol

Forum List

Back