Firearm I would like to have but no longer in production

Had one, but got rid of it. It was my stepdads and I didn't want it.

At Bitburg, AB in DE (Germany) I was asked out to shoot at a skeet site they had. I was a trap shooter and I think the skeet shooters were there to rub my nose it it. The Club Shotgun they had was a Remington 1100. The 1100 operated flawlessly. But for some reason, I always bagged the 1st bird and struggled with the 2nd. One of the skeeters asked what type of shotgun I was used to. I was used to a pump. It seemed, after the first shot, I would, unthinkingly, try and eject the shell which brought the nose up. They went back and got the other gun club gun, a Model 870 pump. I went from struggling to obtain a 20 out of 25 to a 24 and 25 out of 25. Until I started using the 870, there were a lot of jokes attributed to me. Afterwards, I never go invited back. It seems the best any of them could do was 24 out of 25 on a good day. But the 1100 would be my pick as well even though I like the 870 better.

At Bitburg, AB in DE (Germany) I was asked out to shoot at a skeet site they had. I was a trap shooter and I think the skeet shooters were there to rub my nose it it. The Club Shotgun they had was a Remington 1100. The 1100 operated flawlessly. But for some reason, I always bagged the 1st bird and struggled with the 2nd. One of the skeeters asked what type of shotgun I was used to. I was used to a pump. It seemed, after the first shot, I would, unthinkingly, try and eject the shell which brought the nose up. They went back and got the other gun club gun, a Model 870 pump. I went from struggling to obtain a 20 out of 25 to a 24 and 25 out of 25. Until I started using the 870, there were a lot of jokes attributed to me. Afterwards, I never go invited back. It seems the best any of them could do was 24 out of 25 on a good day. But the 1100 would be my pick as well even though I like the 870 better.
I learned on an 870 that a friend had. When I got my own, I bought a Browning A5--couldn't hit shit with it. I pulled out my Mossberg Maverick and started knocking them dead. I don't like autos either.

I learned on an 870 that a friend had. When I got my own, I bought a Browning A5--couldn't hit shit with it. I pulled out my Mossberg Maverick and started knocking them dead. I don't like autos either.

I have a nice Winchester Model 42, and a 1970's made 870. Both work flawlessly. But I do prefer my Benelli.

Always wanted one as a kid but by the time I could afford it, I'd already gotten so used to my 870 that I couldn't see spending the cash. I grew up with a lot of friends who loved that gun. They were all bird hunters but used it on small game as well as deer.

Always wanted one as a kid but by the time I could afford it, I'd already gotten so used to my 870 that I couldn't see spending the cash. I grew up with a lot of friends who loved that gun. They were all bird hunters but used it on small game as well as deer.
Yes, the 1100 is the ultimate bird gun.
Yes, the 1100 is the ultimate bird gun. Both my father and grandfather used one. Problem is, they tore the birds all to shit in the 12 gauge variant. I use a 410, Remington, double barrel, from 1966, and depend on the dogs to bring me the still live bird after I knock it down. That is what is called "center of the plate".

A MG42............

iu

I REALLY wanted an H&R Buffalo Classic 45/70.

They are so much more expensive than I could have bought one for new I just can't bring myself to lay out that kind of cash for a novelty rifle.

I have always wanted one myself. They're built for rugged use and I always liked the challenge of a single shot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back