Finally! Supreme Court rules in favor of First Amendment rights for Christians etc.

What it means is that same sex couples can be denied wedding related services by bigoted Conservatives hiding under their Christianity.

No reception hall, invitations, cake, limo, hotel room ….…all in the name of Jesus
And why shouldn't Christians be allowed to provide services for those they agree with?

Ever seen a "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign?

This isn't about denial of service, this is about forcing Christians or other to deny their beliefs

Well, thanks to the "activists in black robes" as you guys used to call them...now they don't have to sell you anything if they don't want to.

Not activists at all. Just reigning in the whole "every time money changes hands a PA is formed" bullshit overreach by State governments.

PA laws still apply to actual PA's and rightly so.

Sotomayor wrote the dissent that boils down to the ruling allows people to discriminate against LGBTQX+ etc.
Isn't she the queer on the Court or is it the other dingbat that The Worthless Negro appointed? Hard to tell them apart.

Tell us more about why it's just fine to discriminate. Christianity is as good a reason as any!

Discrimination between right and wrong has always been assumed as a Consitutional right.

If you are a graphic designer, you should not have a design a website for the KKK or for the Trump re-election campaign or the flat Earth society or a pro-life, anti-abortion group or a tiddlywinks club if such is offensive or seems harmful or morally wrong to you.

That does not discriminate against anybody. It discriminates against things you consider wrong, harmful, offensive whether anybody else agrees with you that something is wrong, harmful, offensive.

Any proprietor should have the right to accept the jobs they want to do and decline others.

It doesn't mean that you don't sell the muffin you have for sale to a Klansman or the guy in MAGA hat or the Hari Krishna in full religious regalia or anybody else who walks into your place of business to buy a muffin you have for sale.

Not activists at all. Just reigning in the whole "every time money changes hands a PA is formed" bullshit overreach by State governments.

PA laws still apply to actual PA's and rightly so.
Sure... right. Okay. Legalized discrimination is now the law of the land. Hopefully most business owners will continue to value their bottom line above all else.

But if you're black and driving on I-10 through the south; you may want to fuel up your car in Houston; top off your tank in New Orleans and hope you can make it to Atlanta. Soon there may not be a service station that will sell you gas...because you know...religion.

Discrimination between right and wrong has always been assumed as a Consitutional right.

If you are a graphic designer, you should not have a design a website for the KKK or for the Trump re-election campaign or the flat Earth society or a pro-life, anti-abortion group or a tiddlywinks club i
or Jews.

Sure... right. Okay. Legalized discrimination is now the law of the land. Hopefully most business owners will continue to value their bottom line above all else.

But if you're black and driving on I-10 through the south; you may want to fuel up your car in Houston; top off your tank in New Orleans and hope you can make it to Atlanta. Soon there may not be a service station that will sell you gas...because you know...religion.

A gas station is an actual PA, and actually covered under FEDERAL PA laws due to the interstate implications of fueling.

Where is anyone saying actual PA laws are being overturned? The issue is extending them to transactions that are not PA's, not timely, not exclusive, and ignoring any 1st amendment implications.

Fascism discriminates against minorities.

And the fascist will have a convincing argument to support the discrimination. Eventually there will be no minorities left to discriminate against.

Surely everyone has heard: .................. and then they came for me, and nobody was left................

Sadly, extreme right Americans are making the case against themselves.
They can still buy their products, but just can't get the owner of the business to do something, they don't want to do.

You should have the right not to do a website for a Jewish organization you disagree with. You aren't discriminating against the person because he/she is a Jew but because you disagree with that particular organization.

You shouldn't refuse to do business with a person just because he/she is a Jew but you should not be forced to offer a product or service for something you morally or ethically disagree with.

People discriminate all the time.
If you choose 1 brand over another, have a favorite sport or prefer an orange ot an apple, you have used your own discrimination.

The idea that we are not allowed to discriminate according to our own beliefs/tastes/preferences is the exact slippery slope you are on.
I don't agree with the homo agenda & no one has the right to force me to work for something I oppose
There are hundreds, if not thousands of reasons why Fascists can justify discrimination!

The leftists here absolutely despise liberal principles. Everything is about forced compliance with them.

My current working theory is that the feel like they have no control over their own life so seek ego gratification through controlling others.
I honestly think they must be among the most miserable people. I just can't imagine being that hypocritical, small minded, judgmental, intolerant and downright dishonest and hateful and also be happy. I think that's true of anybody on the left or right.

You should have the right not to do a website for a Jewish organization you disagree with. You aren't discriminating against the person because he/she is a Jew but because you disagree with that particular organization.

You shouldn't refuse to do business with a person just because he/she is a Jew but you should not be forced to offer a product or service for something you morally or ethically disagree with.
Yes! As I pointed out to johngalt in #34!

That does not discriminate against anybody. It discriminates against things you consider wrong, harmful, offensive whether anybody else agrees with you that something is wrong, harmful, offensive.

So if someone thinks a mixed couple is "offensive" they don't have to seat them at a restaurant?

Again..you'e supporting discrimination.

Yes! As I pointed out to johngalt in #34!
No you didn't. You made the typical leftist effort to start a food fight and derail the thread.

How about addressing the topic? Should the law require you to provide products and services that endorse, condone, support the KKK? Why or why not?

Forum List

Back