Finally! First Gay Marriage In Florida!

AmericanFirst is crying and whining.

The truth is that Jesus never addressed homosexuality or marriage equality.

The far right says they are Christians, refuse to follow His words on adultery and divorce, yet want to tell others how to live their lives.

Their path is that of the social con far right, and that leads to heresy.

They have nothing of worth to add to this thread.

I guess it all depends on whether you recognize the power of God or the power of the state, doesn't it?

13And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to trap him in his talk.
14And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are true and do not care about anyone’s opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances,c but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?”
15But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denariusd and let me look at it.”
16And they brought one. And he said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to him, “Caesar’s.”
17Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.

I swear, I've never seen or heard anyone more educated on the Bible than you!! Even my pastor, and myself, who has read and studied the Bible for over 20 years doesn't know as much as you know!!!! You've just taught me so much here!!!.lol

Thank you- but I am sure your Pastor knows the Bible better than I do.
Yep and he supports me and Newby on this, I have talked with my Pastor.
You and your Pastor are not on the side of Jesus.

Has he committed adultery or been divorced?

Your path is that of the social con far right, and that leads to heresy.

I call Jesus "Lord", and he calls me by first name for almost six decades now. I have studied my Bible daily for almost 60 years and I pray daily several times. I have had relations with two women only, both in marriage only, the second after my first wife passed in the bosom of Jesus.

Newby and AF are saying things, and apparently their Pastors as well, in the name of Jesus that are not so. The far rights social cons are missing out on the love and well being of Jesus. Let Him worry about it. Love Him, serve others, and get along with your lives..

Last edited:
AmericanFirst is crying and whining.

The truth is that Jesus never addressed homosexuality or marriage equality.

The far right says they are Christians, refuse to follow His words on adultery and divorce, yet want to tell others how to live their lives.

Their path is that of the social con far right, and that leads to heresy.

They have nothing of worth to add to this thread.
I am not crying and whining, I am just saying you are wrong. You are the one that keeps crying and saying untrue things. I pointed out Jesus spoke of sexual immorality which homosexuality is, you choose not to believe it.

13And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to trap him in his talk.
14And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are true and do not care about anyone’s opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances,c but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?”
15But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denariusd and let me look at it.”
16And they brought one. And he said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to him, “Caesar’s.”
17Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.

I swear, I've never seen or heard anyone more educated on the Bible than you!! Even my pastor, and myself, who has read and studied the Bible for over 20 years doesn't know as much as you know!!!! You've just taught me so much here!!!.lol

I call Jesus "Lord", and he calls me by first name for almost six decades now. I have studied my Bible daily for almost 60 years and I pray daily several times. I have had relations with two women only, both in marriage only, the second after my first wife passed in the bosom of Jesus.

Newby and AF are saying things, and apparently their Pastors as well, in the name of Jesus that are not so. The far rights social cons are missing out on the love and well being of Jesus. Let Him worry about it. Love Him, serve others, and get along with your lives..
I got a question Jake, are you telling me that you are using Jesus to justify sin? Really are you? Do you think that just because you believe in Jesus you can sin willingly? No matter what you or I believe homosexuality is sin.

AF, you are wrong. Period. You are putting words in Jesus' mouth that he did not use. He never denounced homosexuality. He never denounced marriage equality. You are sinning when you say otherwise.

Yes I am. You can stand in a church and recite wedding vows all day long. You're no more married than wallpaper is married.

For you to be married in America and for our government to recognize it, you must have signed that marriage license, have it signed by 2 witnesses, the person who officiated the ceremony and then filed with the state.

If you don't do that and only say vows in a church you're no more married than wallpaper and you can't claim any of the benefits of marriage in America.

That's fact and no amount of your excuses will ever make it not fact.

I guess it all depends on whether you recognize the power of God or the power of the state, doesn't it?

Well good for you.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Meanwhile- in fact- Jesus never once condemns homosexuals- or homosexuality.

He does condemn adultery- however, as I have pointed out- everywhere else in the Bible where homosexuality is condemned- adultery is identified separately and distinctly from homosexuality.

You want Jesus to have condemned homosexuality- so you pretend that he did.

But Jesus directly condemned Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich as adulterers and never condemned the first gay couple to marry in Florida as adulterers.

Well good for you.

He does condemn adultery- however, as I have pointed out- everywhere else in the Bible where homosexuality is condemned- adultery is identified separately and distinctly from homosexuality.

But Jesus directly condemned Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich as adulterers and never condemned the first gay couple to marry in Florida as adulterers.
I have said it before, for the last time Jesus and the Bible Gods word condemns sexual immorality which homosexuality is. If you are using the Bible to justify sin shame on you. You guys twisting what the Bible says sickens me. If you don't believe in God then stop being an idiot using his word.

Newby and his ilk can't stand being corrected by real Christians who are not heretics like them.

They have been corrected on the scriptures.

No one has denied that churches marry whom they wish.

No one has denied that secular law defines the publicly meaning of marriage.

The fact remains the social con evangelists, fundamentalists, other heretics, etc., are on the outer reaches of real Christianity. Hurts but true. Christian America looks at them with askance. And should.

You're not a Christian Jake, not anymore than you're a republican or a conservative.

What you are is a joke, and a waste of time.

Newby and his ilk can't stand being corrected by real Christians who are not heretics like them.

The fact remains the social con evangelists, fundamentalists, other heretics, etc., are on the outer reaches of real Christianity. Hurts but true. Christian America looks at them with askance. And should.
Problem is you are not a real Christian, we can tell that by the lies you keep posting liar.

You are a sinner judging others and no sort of christian.

I am.

Quit shaming Jesus' Name please.

I'm posting this for others who may read what Jake posts and be led astray.

Is that what your liberal church teaches, that Jesus taught us to tolerate sin to to not judge? So Jesus didn't judge any of the sinners that He came across? He tolerated their sins and told them it was okay to continue sinning? He didn't warn them away from sin? What were the apostles sent out to do by Him? What were they supposed to be teaching others, and what are Christians today tasked with?

Jake has so little understanding of what the very basic principles of Christianity are all about that he doesn't even come close to making a credible fake one, just the same way he sucks at pretending to be a conservative republican.

Your path is that of the social con far right, and that leads to heresy.[/QUOTE

Jake's beliefs are heresy, don't buy them or any other church that tells you to accept sin in the name of the modern social/political scene. Jake is lost to the world, and so is his church if he even attends one.

You encourage others to believe that Jesus Christ tolerates sin because the modern world tolerates it and encourages it. You teach others that Jesus Christ will not judge their actions, don't listen to anything Jake says regarding Christianity, he is 100% wrong, and he either lies about being a Christian, or belongs to a lost church.

Well good for you.

I have said it before, for the last time Jesus and the Bible Gods word condemns sexual immorality which homosexuality is. If you are using the Bible to justify sin shame on you. You guys twisting what the Bible says sickens me. If you don't believe in God then stop being an idiot using his word.

Look- I am not telling you to stop being an idiot just because you don't believe Jesus's actual words- you can continue to be an idiot and a bigot to your hearts content

But Jesus directly condemned Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich as adulterers and never condemned the first gay couple to marry in Florida as adulterers

You're not a Christian Jake, not anymore than you're a republican or a conservative.

I have seen a certain type of Christian tell other Christians that they are not Christians often.

It is a proud part of the history of the Christian Church.

People telling other people they are the real Christians.

Luckily you guys don't kill each other over it anymore.

AF, you are wrong. Period. You are putting words in Jesus' mouth that he did not use. He never denounced homosexuality. He never denounced marriage equality. You are sinning when you say otherwise.

Why You Can 8217 t Pit Jesus Against His Bible TGC The Gospel Coalition

Every so often, the champions and foes of "Red Letter" Christianity break out their arguments, sharpen them up, and take to the internet. Champions say we've ignored the words of Jesus—highlighted in some modern Bibles with red lettering—for far too long. They want us to take up the radical call to discipleship Jesus issued in the Sermon on the Mount. The foes say that even printing these words in red creates a false, canon-within-a-canon that distorts the Scriptures.

Of course, there is a good sense in which we ought to give heightened priority to the words and deeds of Jesus. Unfortunately, some other self-described "Red Letter" Christians do more than give them priority. Instead, they contrast and even set in opposition the words of Jesus from the writings of Paul, or some other similarly ill-tempered and unprogressive disciple. While problematic, that approach is even less concerning than the tendency to pit Jesus against the Bible he grew up with: the Old Testament. Jesus' words and character are contrasted with the Old Testament law, or the various commands of God scattered throughout the narrative sections of the Torah. So where Jesus and the Old Testament seem to conflict on violence, neighbor-love, sexuality, or some other hot topic, go with Jesus, they say. If you have to pick between red or black letters, go with red.

At the risk of kicking off another round of 'robust dialogue', here are three reasons why that approach doesn't really work.
Red Letters Tell Us About the Black Ones

The first and most obvious problem is that the red letters tell us that the black ones are good. Jesus clearly affirms the authority of the Old Testament law in a number of places. For example, Jesus quotes three times from the law in Deuteronomy to silence the Devil's accusations (Matt 4:1-11). Disputing with the Pharisees, Jesus frequently asks, "Have you not read?" In each case he assumes these are binding texts (Matt. 12:3, 5 19:4; 22:31; Mark 12:10, 26).

Some might point to Jesus' overturning of Old Testament principles in the Sermon on the Mount as evidence he sat lightly towards them. Aside from the fact that this argument ignores the clear statement in Matthew 5:17 ("Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"), a contrasting reading guts the force of Jesus' statements. These antitheses are so radical because Jesus takes what might be called "authorial liberties" with the Old Testament law.

Matthew's presentation of Jesus as the new and better Moses, who hands down the law from the mountain (Matt. 5-7), only has force if you assume Moses' revelation was true. It is only powerful to say Jesus brings a new divine message that supersedes the Old Testament if the Old Testament had power in the first place. It would be an exceedingly odd way of honoring the "red letters" of Jesus, then, to repudiate what he says about the black ones.
Scripture Says = God Says

Without denying the human element in the inspiration of the Scriptures, B. B. Warfield argued that in apostolic usage, phrases like "it is written" or "Scripture says" (Gal. 3:8; Rom. 9:17; Heb. 1:6; 3:7; etc.), make sense only when equated with "God has written" or "God, as recorded in Scripture, says." Pressing further into Jesus' view of the Old Testament, we can see that the apostles haven't diverged from their Lord. In one key encounter Jesus clearly equates "the law" and the "Scripture" with the "Word of God." Jesus answered them:
Is it not written in your Law, "I said, you are gods"? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, "I am the Son of God"? (John 10:34-36)
Not only does Jesus equate the Old Testament Scripture with the Word of God, he re-emphasizes their inviolability and authority by adding that they can't be "broken." The Greek word is luo,which can be translated "to destroy, to tear down, the break to pieces." Essentially, the Old Testament can't be ignored, released, explained away, or rendered null and void. Similarly, in a dispute with the Pharisees over the Sabbath, Jesus quotes the law (Exod. 20:4) and identifies it with God's very Word: "So for the sake of your traditions you have made void the very word of God" (Matt. 15:6).
Jesus Quotes . . . Himself?

The Book of the Covenant given to us in Exodus 20:18-23:33 opens with the words, "The LORD said to Moses" (v. 22). The rest of the commands are addressed to the people as the voice of the LORD, spoken to Moses, who presents them to the people. Most of the law in the rest of the Torah is delivered in the same divine voice (cf. Leviticus 1:2; Numbers 5:1-2;). So the law has authority because its author is "the LORD," the great "I AM" who revealed himself to Moses (Exod. 3:14) and brought Israel out of Egypt (Exod. 20:2).

Paying attention to the Christological and trinitarian logic of the Scriptures, we see that Jesus identifies himself with the God of Israel through the Johannine "I AM" statements, (John 6:35; 8:12, 58; 10:9, 11; 11:25; 14:6; 15:1; esp. 8:58). So we must conclude that, as the eternal Word of the Father, Jesus himself is responsible for the Old Testament he quotes. We can emphasize the Spirit's role in authorship and inspiration as the Westminster Confession does ("Holy Spirit speaking in the Scripture," WCF 1.10). Or we can credit the Father for this speech. But the outward works of the Trinity are undivided, even while the order of the persons is distinguished. So we must not think any kind of divine authorship excludes the Son.

In other words, unless we deny Jesus' self-identification with the God of Israel, the Torah and law give us Jesus' first Sermon on the Mount. These commands number among the "red letters" of the Old Testament.

Well good for you.

Look- I am not telling you to stop being an idiot just because you don't believe Jesus's actual words- you can continue to be an idiot and a bigot to your hearts content

But Jesus directly condemned Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich as adulterers and never condemned the first gay couple to marry in Florida as adulterers

You are wrong, completely wrong, you've been told why you're wrong, but you just continue to repeat your ignorance over and over.

No one should listen when an atheist and those who don't believe in the Bible try to tell you what it means, ever. Always go speak to a pastor or minister who has been educated at seminary and has studied and taught for many years.

I have seen a certain type of Christian tell other Christians that they are not Christians often.

It is a proud part of the history of the Christian Church.

People telling other people they are the real Christians.

Luckily you guys don't kill each other over it anymore.

You wouldn't understand, I don't know why you insist on continuing to discuss this topic like you're some kind of an authority on it, you're completely misrepresenting something that you have no knowledge of, hopefully people will recognize this.

And the Board continues to rock with laughter at Newby's postings from the letters of the social con heresy presses. For shame. Syruiusly and I are far more correct than Newby can ever be until he makes some changes in his life.

Jesus condemns adultery and divorce, which Newby refuses to deny.

Jesus does not condemn marriage equality and homosexuality, which Newby says He does in the biggest lie of this thread.

I can out Newby in few words while he simply slips and slides in volumes of print.

You don't have it, Newb, my boy, you just don't have it. You are a heretic.

Well good for you.

You are wrong, completely wrong, you've been told why you're wrong, but you just continue to repeat your ignorance over and over.

No one should listen when an atheist and those who don't believe in the Bible try to tell you what it means, ever. Always go speak to a pastor or minister who has been educated at seminary and has studied and taught for many years.

No problem- being told that I am wrong by you is an honor.

Meanwhile once again:

Forum List

Back