Two US citizens accused of plotting to overthrow Gambian government

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Two American citizens from The Gambia were formally charged by federal prosecutors in the United States on Monday for allegedly plotting to overthrow the government of their home country.
According to the US Department of Justice, Cherno Njie of Texas and Papa Faal of Minnesota participated together in “an unsuccessful attempted coup against the government of The Gambia” late last year.
Prosecutors allege that Njie, 57, plotted with Faal, 46, to overthrow the West African nation’s leadership, and traveled to The Gambia last month in hopes of accomplishing as much with the aid of an arsenal of weapons and an armed group of around 12 individuals. Their efforts were foiled, however, and they returned to the US and were later arrested.
Previously, the US State Dept. acknowledged the attempted coup, saying late last year, “We strongly condemn any attempt to seize power through extra-constitutional means,” and, “We regret the loss of life and call on all parties to refrain from further violence.”
6.si.jpg

Where the hell is Gambia & why the hell should I care?
images

The Gambia - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I am not surprised. You are so American, buddy.
That's why the whole world accuses us at poor outlook but rough interference into the world international affairs.
You can comment the every thread like that:
U.S. troops at Iraqi base under 'regular' fire
U.S. troops at Iraqi base under regular fire - CNN.com
"Where the hell is Iraq situated and why the hell should I care?"
You are welcome!

images

That's why the whole world accuses us at poor outlook but rough interference into the world international affairs.
You are welcome!

And you seem so un-American, Donald. You are seriously misinformed as to why the whole world accuses America. It's because of people such as Putin, Kim Jong Un and the president of China who blame the worlds problems on America. The American people have adopted more children from 3rd world nations and communist nations such as China and Russia - than any other nation. In fact, the American people have adopted more children from around the world then all the other nations on the earth combined. The American people are a very compassionate people and have done many good things. We've given aid around the world to nations who have suffered catastrophe's, famine, hard times. We've given and given and given and we've allowed you to come to America and enjoy the excellent healthcare, liberty, opportunities for a good life - we are known for worldwide. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth, Donald.

images

You are welcome!

And you seem so un-American, Donald. You are seriously misinformed as to why the whole world accuses America. It's because of people such as Putin, Kim Jong Un and the president of China who blame the worlds problems on America. The American people have adopted more children from 3rd world nations and communist nations such as China and Russia - than any other nation. In fact, the American people have adopted more children from around the world then all the other nations on the earth combined. The American people are a very compassionate people and have done many good things. We've given aid around the world to nations who have suffered catastrophe's, famine, hard times. We've given and given and given and we've allowed you to come to America and enjoy the excellent healthcare, liberty, opportunities for a good life - we are known for worldwide. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth, Donald.
I see You are becoming my fan: you really love my posts. Let's speak about the American aids.
It was long believed that directing money to stagnant communities could jump-start economic growth. Yet numerous studies have found little evidence that foreign aid actually leads to greater economic development.
Take Africa as an example. To date, the continent has received well over $600 billion in outside assistance. World Bank data show that a majority of African countries' government spending comes directly from foreign aid. Yet much of Africa remains impoverished, and rampant corruption continues.
8535d1418100456-how-does-us-foreign-aid-look-like-111.jpg

A gift horse seems to have decayed teeth.

Here you go, Grandpa. This is Gambia. It appears someone sold arms to Gambia and now they are accusing them of attempting to overthrow the government. Not unusual for such an accusation to be made by the government when they are hated by their own people and are known for human rights abuses. They are trying to deflect the greater problem there. (them)

US removes Gambia from trade agreement - KAUZ-TV Newschannel 6 Now Wichita Falls TX

By Associated Press
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) - Activists have praised the U.S. government's decision to remove Gambia from a trade agreement in response to human rights abuses, including a law signed in October that imposes life imprisonment for some homosexual acts.

The White House announced Gambia's termination as a beneficiary of the African Growth and Opportunity Act late Tuesday, without specifying a reason.

A spokesman for the U.S. Trade Representative said Wednesday that the decision was made in response to general concerns about human rights in the West African nation, including the anti-gay law.

"The U.S. Trade Representative has been monitoring the human rights situation in The Gambia for the past few years, with deepening concerns about the lack of progress with respect to human rights, rule of law, political pluralism, and the right to due process," Trevor Kincaid said.

President Yahya Jammeh, who assumed power in 1994, is regularly criticized for abuses, including disappearances and executions. He is one of Africa's most vocal anti-gay leaders and has previously threatened to behead sexual minorities found in his country.

Last edited:
images

You are welcome!

I see You are becoming my fan: you really love my posts. Let's speak about the American aids.
It was long believed that directing money to stagnant communities could jump-start economic growth. Yet numerous studies have found little evidence that foreign aid actually leads to greater economic development.
Take Africa as an example. To date, the continent has received well over $600 billion in outside assistance. World Bank data show that a majority of African countries' government spending comes directly from foreign aid. Yet much of Africa remains impoverished, and rampant corruption continues.

Then pack your bags and head back for your motherland.

Your buddy, Putin and his ally in China are quite intent on finding a way to disarm Americans. I suppose it is a bit risky to invade a nation like America who has over 150 million armed to the teeth citizens. Especially when many of them are hunters and veterans who are determined to defend America. Decayed? Don't count on it.

images

You are welcome!

I'm not your fan, Donald. Do not flatter yourself. I'm merely commenting on where you went off the rails here. (from the start) How much American aid did Russia receive from America? For how many years?

As for the continent of Africa? Who is stripping it bare and raping that land? The Russians and the Chinese for starters. Do not put that failure on the US. It isn't ours. NOTE - Speaking of the main culprits - The World Bank and IMF are as guilty as the Russians and the Chinese. The financial aid that the World Bank / IMF offers these nations after Russians and Chinese strip them bare is tied to sacrificing borders, sovereignty and much more - look at Greece for example of what IMF / World Bank is up to - to quote them as if they were a reliable source - is quite crafty of you, Donald. Tsk... tsk... shame on you. The head of the IMF is the one who beat up AND raped the NY Muslim maid (who was granted asylum from Guinea) working at the NY hotel he was staying at. I guess he thought he could get away with it. Oh wait! He did! And he is back in his seat too!

Last edited:
Still not sure why I should care? We get bitched at if we get involved & we get bitched at if we mind our own business.
And just exactly what are we getting out of any trade agreement? Monkeys or lions for our zoos? Elephant dung? What......

images

You are welcome!

Good post Jeremiah. Not only are American conservatives, Christians specifically, the most generous people on this planet, they're also far and away the most likely to adopt foreign children in need. Of course kids are an object of love for them, not abuse. Somebody posted here awhile back that American Christian NGO's contribute close to $100 million a year for destitute children in Israel, mainly Palestinians but Jews as well. Oh those sorry Nazis, huh? Meanwhile the American left sits at home on its big fat ass, drumming on the Internet about how the world done them wrong, and how they want to steal everything from people who didn't spend their lives sitting on their asses. One side's locus of existence is love, and the left's reason for being, as always, is jealousy, envy, and hate.

Forum List

Back