Ferguson Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that what the report says or is that what YOU say? If that's what the report says, please link me to it, it would be an interesting read.

So in other words, you can't describe "targeting blacks". That's fine.

Because what I found was this:

Ferguson fake-out Justice Department s bogus report New York Post

The Bureau of Justice Statistics’ 2011 Police-Public Contact Survey indicates that, nationwide, blacks were 31 percent more likely than whites to be pulled over for a traffic stop.

Ferguson is a black-majority town. If its blacks were pulled over at the same rate as blacks nationally, they’d account for 87.5 percent of traffic stops.

In other words, the numbers actually suggest that Ferguson police may be slightly less likely to pull over black drivers than are their national counterparts. They certainly don’t show that Ferguson is a hotbed of racism.

More information:

A 2006 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study found that black drivers who were killed in accidents have the highest rate of past convictions for speeding and for other moving violations. This suggests that there are a lot of unsafe black drivers, not racism.

Can you explain the above highlighted quote? Or that one?

More information:

A 2006 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study found that black drivers who were killed in accidents have the highest rate of past convictions for speeding and for other moving violations. This suggests that there are a lot of unsafe black drivers, not racism.

Can you explain the above highlighted quote? Or that one?
Why would you think I would explain that irrelevant quote for you?

In other words, the numbers actually suggest that Ferguson police may be slightly less likely to pull over black drivers than are their national counterparts.

That is VERY VERY RELEVANT.

Care to comment or will you attempt to beat around the topic again? You failed to produce any evidence that the Fergy police are racist, yet I produced proof that they aren't.

I win.

Last edited:
Blacks only make up 65 percent of the population, yet they are paying 85 percent of the fines.

Nope.................sorry...................blacks are being targeted.

If you are a police officer who works every night in a predominantly African-American neighborhood, after so many years you might start hating *******. Even if you ARE a ******.

Sad but true.

How many years of immunity from arrest is being recommended for blacks in order to "compensate" them? Or is reducing the size of the force to an ineffectual level until new affirmative-action hires can be trained enough?

What good are quotas without time limits?

How many years of immunity from arrest is being recommended for blacks in order to "compensate" them? Or is reducing the size of the force to an ineffectual level until new affirmative-action hires can be trained enough?

What good are quotas without time limits?
Who is asking for immunity from arrest? I never heard that suggestion.

Yahoo News has a story that the Police Chief is stepping down, so there is one less to hate. Now, y'all will still hate him, but he won't be a cop anymore.

As the news has come out that racism was rampant in the Ferguson PD, heads have begun to roll. So far two cops and a clerk are gone as a result of the federal investigation into the crooked PD. This is pretty good news to me. Hopefully the PD will be disbanded just like the other racist PD Wilson was fired from. Who knows what other racism will never be verified? What will be the lesson learned for other similarly racist PD's around the country?

2 Ferguson police officers quit court clerk fired after Justice report - CNN.com
Well, when they get done cleaning all those so called white houses/organizations, then they can start cleaning the houses/organizations of the black panthers and all the other racist organizations that are also out there, and this being regardless of the racial make up of a group. Whites aren't the only ones that can be biased about their race, as there are plenty out there who are biased when it comes to their cuture and their race also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back