Feeling the pinch of inflation

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
My wife went shopping and we are paying about 40% more than the same period last year. I am a big fan of “When Pigs Fly” bread and it’s $5.49 vs. like $3.99. But some items cost even more. Like meats. Gas is off the charts. Nearly a 100% increase where we are.

What is everyone else seeing please?

We spend about $400 per week for a family of four.
We are not as close as that, but then there are only the two of us.

However, my wife purchases a lot of specialty (Asian) items that are much more expensive in the states.

I am just the typical man, so I waited until I was down to a can of beans, and a jar of mustard until I finally went...lol!

We spend about $400 per week for a family of four.
That's about right, $100 a week per person. I spend that a week and I live alone. Three days ago I drove by my corner gas station and it was $3.59 per gallon regular, up from $3.39 the week before, yesterday it went up to $3.89 per gallon.

That's about right, $100 a week per person. I spend that a week and I live alone. Three days ago I drove by my corner gas station and it was $3.59 per gallon regular, up from $3.39 the week before, yesterday it went up to $3.89 per gallon.
$4.29 for regular here

$4.29 for regular here
I'm in an oil state and given it's pretty much a light blue state I'm surprised my gas isn't higher due to taxes. Pleased but surprised, not enough regressives I guess.......... With luck the ones that are in will get replaced with more moderates soon, at least here in Albuquerque. Santa Fe is a whole nother story..........

I'm in an oil state and given it's pretty much a light blue state I'm surprised my gas isn't higher due to taxes. Pleased but surprised, not enough regressives I guess.......... With luck the ones that are in will get replaced with more moderates soon, at least here in Albuquerque. Santa Fe is a whole nother story..........
I am glad I do not need oil to heat my house. Would be annoying.

My wife went shopping and we are paying about 40% more than the same period last year. I am a big fan of “When Pigs Fly” bread and it’s $5.49 vs. like $3.99. But some items cost even more. Like meats. Gas is off the charts. Nearly a 100% increase where we are.

Florida---Low $2 something for gas last year---$4.09 per gallon today. Thanks Biden...thanks idiots who cheated for him.

Yeah, I have an organic bread that I too like.

But I am on a fixed income, so I can't afford it anymore.

Six bones is just too much for a loaf of bread.

:confused:

Florida---Low $2 something for gas last year---$4.09 per gallon today. Thanks Biden...thanks idiots who cheated for him.
LOOLLLOOOOLLL
at your claim that this world wide inflation is caused by biden.
So Much Power.

Nobody is happy.

This isn’t what this thread is about you failed history teacher. Stick to the topic.
This thread certainly is about inflation.
Totally on topic.

You being wrong again about History Teacher is again, incorrect and off topic. Stick to the topic you hypocrite.

Would you please be more specific?
You understand, you just want to try to find a contradiction in some statement.

But I will type slower for you and be 'more specific.'

You ready. I'll only do A) right now so you can focus better.
We can discuss B) Lower earner. C) Fixed income retiree. Next.

A). You bring home $50,000 per month, your monthly costs of $10,000 rise 50% to $15,000. Or let's make monthly costs even higher, like $20,000 and a 50% increase means you now spend $30,000 per month.

Now if those increased expenses include your car or house payment, then those are fixed costs and your overall expenses are still $20,000 UNDER your income. That's not a pinch. It's just saving, but saving less. Boo Hoo.

What would you like to agree or disagree about my 'specifics.'
I'm ready for a civil discussion.

Go.

You understand, you just want to try to find a contradiction in some statement.

But I will type slower for you and be 'more specific.'

You ready. I'll only do A) right now so you can focus better.
We can discuss B) Lower earner. C) Fixed income retiree. Next.

A). You bring home $50,000 per month, your monthly costs of $10,000 rise 50% to $15,000. Or let's make monthly costs even higher, like $20,000 and a 50% increase means you now spend $30,000 per month.

Now if those increased expenses include your car or house payment, then those are fixed costs and your overall expenses are still $20,000 UNDER your income. That's not a pinch. It's just saving, but saving less. Boo Hoo.

What would you like to agree or disagree about my 'specifics.'
I'm ready for a civil discussion.

Go.
By specifics I mean how much for example are you paying for food, utilities, etc. versus the same period last year. This isn't a trick question.

Forum List

Back