Federal raid on Gibson Guitars....retaliatory harassment?

Retailiation for WHAT?

Because Gibson supposedly violated Indian law that only Indian workers are allowed to finish the rosewood fret boards that are being exported. Nice how Eric Holder and "Team Obama" work so hard to protect bogus rights of Indian workers while they put Americans out of work.

My understanding was that the wood was from trees that are protected. But, yeah, this is kind of bizarre, and going after a company that employs Americans because they donated to the other part is kind of appalling.

Retailiation for WHAT?

Is this nuts or what?

Oh and btw we can up and coming do duelling rock concerts I do believe.

One of my faves Humble Pie Opening for Black Sabbath opening for Three Dog Night. You have no idea how the parents who thought they were bringing their children to "Jerimiah sp? was a bullfrog" could still rock on to Iron Man.

The kids thought Ozzie was the best. :lol:

Last edited:

Retailiation for WHAT?

Because Gibson supposedly violated Indian law that only Indian workers are allowed to finish the rosewood fret boards that are being exported. Nice how Eric Holder and "Team Obama" work so hard to protect bogus rights of Indian workers while they put Americans out of work.

Are we serious here? For true?

Retailiation for WHAT?

Okay...but that is NOT retaliation, however.

A stupid law, perhaps, but your use of the word retaliation suggested that enhforcement of this stupid law is payback for some grievance.

Thanks for replying though and clearing that up for me.

The administration raids a guitar company, seizes inventory, and doesn't provide documentation why, but conservatives are just being paranoid. Is that the jist of what I'm hearing?

Is there anything this administration can do that cause people to open their eyes?

This is pretty bizarre and scary. What else is the Obama administration doing in secret?

Federal raid on Gibson Guitars--retaliatory harassment? - National Conservative | Examiner.com

It's good to be King!
obamakingsbag.jpg

democrats prove to be pieces of shit yet again.

Disgusting

Retailiation for WHAT?

A stupid law, perhaps, but your use of the word retaliation suggested that enhforcement of this stupid law is payback for some grievance.

I have no idea "why" this raid took place. Neither does the President of Gibson. Bottom line is the Feds swooped in and seized private property valued at over a million dollars and sent the workers at this factory home and then didn't charge anyone with a crime. At the same time they're asking for a "stay" on a court case from two years earlier where they did the same thing to Gibson. Eric Holder is a world class horses ass. Of course that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone since he was the guy behind the Marc Rich pardon by Bill Clinton. That alone should have precluded him from ever holding a high level post in government.

I have no idea "why" this raid took place. Neither does the President of Gibson. Bottom line is the Feds swooped in and seized private property valued at over a million dollars and sent the workers at this factory home and then didn't charge anyone with a crime. At the same time they're asking for a "stay" on a court case from two years earlier where they did the same thing to Gibson. Eric Holder is a world class horses ass. Of course that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone since he was the guy behind the Marc Rich pardon by Bill Clinton. That alone should have precluded him from ever holding a high level post in government.

This is intimidation thru and thru. But where's the why in this?

This is truly bizarre. And there was also a raid on a gun store in Vegas led by none other than the Air Force.

Are they testing limits?

ETA: The Air Force leading a raid against a civilian business in America should be illegal, should it not?

Last edited:
This happened 2 years ago as well. No charges were ever filed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-taqM5Sk0]Gibson Guitar Corp. Responds to Federal Raid - YouTube[/ame]

This is outrageous!!!

Yeah... this is a bullshit story. I also own a Martin D35. Mine is a newer one made out of East Indian Rosewood, but... Brand new Brazilian rosewood guitars are still available for purchase(using old stock that has already been purchased before the ban was implemented)....And I am pretty involved in the guitar scene and I've never heard anything about people's vintage guitars being confiscated.

What are they going to do? Plant the guitar into the ground and hope that a tree pops up?

Did anyone EVER think that perhaps the Fish and Wildlife Service got a tip that Gibson was using illegal wood? People... I love guitars...I have a terminal case of GAS(Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) that only my finances can temper.

This is simply a continuation of the paranoia from the far right. Just like the NRA screaming "They're coming to take your guns!!!". It's bullshit.

Um no...this story is also on Boston Globe, the Wall Street Journal and others.
It is a legit story. It happened.

Gibson Guitar Corp. Responds to Federal Raid - YouTube

This is outrageous!!!

Now I have the flinstone version of a computer and last youtube I tried to upload you could see smoke rising from the monitor.

Could you please give me an idea what its about?

This is really sticking in my craw. I don't like this one bit. What's that phrase? By the pricking in my thumbs something wicked this way comes.

Yeah that's it.

Gibson Guitar Corp. Responds to Federal Raid - YouTube

This is outrageous!!!

Now I have the flinstone version of a computer and last youtube I tried to upload you could see smoke rising from the monitor.

Could you please give me an idea what its about?

This is really sticking in my craw. I don't like this one bit. What's that phrase? By the pricking in my thumbs something wicked this way comes.

Yeah that's it.

Install Ubuntu on your computer and it will run as fast or faster than it did when it was new....break the chains of Microsoft.

Yeah... this is a bullshit story. I also own a Martin D35. Mine is a newer one made out of East Indian Rosewood, but... Brand new Brazilian rosewood guitars are still available for purchase(using old stock that has already been purchased before the ban was implemented)....And I am pretty involved in the guitar scene and I've never heard anything about people's vintage guitars being confiscated.

What are they going to do? Plant the guitar into the ground and hope that a tree pops up?

Did anyone EVER think that perhaps the Fish and Wildlife Service got a tip that Gibson was using illegal wood? People... I love guitars...I have a terminal case of GAS(Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) that only my finances can temper.

This is simply a continuation of the paranoia from the far right. Just like the NRA screaming "They're coming to take your guns!!!". It's bullshit.

What year?

My ex and my Martin we're talking the early 70's but we're talking downchild and rush up yonge street.

I think you are a liar.

WTF? A liar? Fuck you. My D35 is a 2004. I bought it when my mother passed away. I used a some of my inheritance to have something for myself, as the rest went to pay bills. I got it customized with my mom's full name on the 12th fret and her year of birth/death on the 13th. I also had the Fishman Prefix Premium electronics installed from factory. I play rhythm guitar and sing in an acoustic blues Trio. I've been playing since I was 12 and I'm now 46. I don't need to lie about anything on a message board you asshole.

Wait a minute here.

You are involved in the "guitar scene"

Holy shit are you in music or not? What the fuck here? I'm the real deal. What type of shit are you? Prove yourself now.

You're the "real Deal"? What the fuck does that mean? Prove myself NOW? Who the fuck are you? Guess what.... most working musicians also have to Work a real job too.

Wait a minute here.

Holy shit are you in music or not? What the fuck here? I'm the real deal. What type of shit are you? Prove yourself now.

You're the "real Deal"? What the fuck does that mean? Prove myself NOW? Who the fuck are you? Guess what.... most working musicians also have to Work a real job too.

Very strange phrasing sir.

Why wouldn't you just come out and say you're a player? My ex and I earned a gold, platinum, double platinum and a Juno with our promotion company. He's the player not me. I did the promo. I used to track airplay for record companies as well as organize promotional events. And managed bands.

I am the real deal. Sorry but your phrasing was truly bizarre. And btw, that's very nice what you did for your mother.

Why did I think I'd see you here on the Gibson thread, Steelplate?

Wait a minute here.

Very strange phrasing sir.

Why wouldn't you just come out and say you're a player? My ex and I earned a gold, platinum, double platinum and a Juno with our promotion company. He's the player not me. I did the promo. I used to track airplay for record companies as well as organize promotional events. And managed bands.

I am the real deal. Sorry but your phrasing was truly bizarre. And btw, that's very nice what you did for your mother.
Congratulations on your stellar career, tinydancer. It sounds like you're one of the best in the industry. :)

have not returned nor given Gibson officials a statement or explanation as to what reason,

Wrong, the Feds announced they were there because of suspicion that Gibson was using illegally imported wood from India.

I do Still think this raid was pure BS, and Retaliation, but I do like to see the facts laid out right. They clearly did tell Gibson why they were there.

Forum List

Back